PDA

View Full Version : Freezing issues

RedScar
04-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I finally got the game running after hours of downloading patches more than once and was so excited to play. Now I can load the game and play but after 5-10 or so minutes it freezes.. and not just the game is frozen where you can hit the guide button and back out.. but on 2 separate consoles this game after 5ish minutes of playing freezes my entire XBox and I have to shut it down. It's happened about 4 times now and I'm getting very disheartened at any chance to really delve into this game. I know people have been having issues with the patcher and such but has anyone encountered this freezing issue? Does anyone know if it's something they're looking into? I really want to keep this game but they're making it hard to want to keep trying. I could be playing three other games right now but I decided to trade them in for a new copy of Defiance and I do not want to regret it.

lutheran
04-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Had the same problem but only during arkfalls with large numbers of players

RedScar
04-03-2013, 05:12 PM
That I'd be a little more understanding about. I haven't even been able to experience an arkfall. It has froze several times when I'm the only person I can see in game and I'm only fighting 5 or 6 enemies. It just doesn't make any legitimate sense. I'm trying to be understanding but I traded in 3 games I could be playing right now with no problems for this game which won't let me play for more than 5 or so minutes without freezing with minimal enemies/players on screen. I'm just so confused by this.

ruefuleclipse
04-04-2013, 08:43 AM
its doing the same for me on pc. constantly even after the patches

sc9000
04-04-2013, 08:52 AM
I finally got the game running after hours of downloading patches more than once and was so excited to play. Now I can load the game and play but after 5-10 or so minutes it freezes.. and not just the game is frozen where you can hit the guide button and back out.. but on 2 separate consoles this game after 5ish minutes of playing freezes my entire XBox and I have to shut it down. It's happened about 4 times now and I'm getting very disheartened at any chance to really delve into this game. I know people have been having issues with the patcher and such but has anyone encountered this freezing issue? Does anyone know if it's something they're looking into? I really want to keep this game but they're making it hard to want to keep trying. I could be playing three other games right now but I decided to trade them in for a new copy of Defiance and I do not want to regret it.

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/04/day-2-in-the-life-of-defiance-little-bit-of-humble-little-bit-of-cautious/

As for your xbox freezing , I have yet and many of my friends on xbox live have yet to have this game lock up since the beta (We all got fixed or new xboxes have 16 people playing game now), it is possible that you got one of the older model of xbox that you never red ring on and this game from there server detecting the falt , ff11 used to do that to those us on the older xbox, so back then we just send it back to microsoft to get it fixed for free now days. Well sucks.

DannyC99
04-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Same problem here and my xbox is a slin one bought brand new literally 3 hours ago

LALLY
04-05-2013, 07:52 AM
probably just your xbox overheating, try cleaning it and keeping it near a window to give it some air and keep it cool

LALLY
04-05-2013, 07:52 AM
your just unlucky

Vhailas
04-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Also wanna set it upright so the vents are clear, probably.

DannyC99
04-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Its only this game it happens on have this is the 2nd xbox i'm playing it on and it has done it on both Xbox's it doesn't do it when I play 4 hrs straight Call of Duty or fifa so cant see iy being a problewith the xbox especially after only one hrs playtime

RedScar
04-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm still having this issue. I've tried setting it up right, a fan on it, near a window. It just doesn't matter. And I did get a refurbished Elite but it's the last chipset they used for it and those are usually solid. I'm going to have my friend bring his xbox over and i'm gonna see if it does the same to him. It's done it on 2 Elites for me, my friend who bought a new elite and hasn't had any problems for over a year and the one i bought from Gamestop, my other friend has a slim. Hopefully it will work and we can switch XBox's for a while and I can finally play. Otherwise Imma have to trade it in for like a whole 20 bucks or some crap which sucks cause I brought back my used copy of Dead Space 3 within a week to put towards this and I won't even be able to buy it back haha. :(