PDA

View Full Version : "Out of Memory"!! on PC

eaglepowers
08-20-2014, 11:22 AM
I've been getting this for a long time now. Hell, I thought it was my vid card which was a GTX470 so I replaced it w/ a GTX770 and I still get it.

If I'm not getting out of sync or disconnected I'm getting this. Anyone else getting this? Trion you have any plans on fixing it?

JadedSinn
08-20-2014, 12:14 PM
eather

A : you need to clean up your hard drive

or

B : you have a ram leek somewhere and need to plug it.

thats the only thing that comes to mind someone might have a better answer for you.

eaglepowers
08-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'm running a Samsung 256GB 830 w/ 70gb of free space.
I suppose I could have a leek. Is there a way to tell and fix?

I noticed all this happening as soon as the Proxy Memory slider was introduced. I've played w/ the setting and it doesn't make a difference where I put the slider.

Kanah
08-20-2014, 12:34 PM
I have sometimes had an error along the lines of "failed to allocate texture memory". It happened a lot during popular events with lots of players, but I haven't seen it since the sillycon patch - so either that particular problem got fixed, or there just aren't enough players around any more.

Don't blame your machine for any memory errors. It's just Trion quality coding.

Murzin
08-20-2014, 12:36 PM
defiance is a 32 bit game.

this means it has a maximum addressable memory footprint of 3.5 gigs.

the more VRAM you have, the less actual RAM it can use.

you did not post up your system specs. i am guessing you dont have at least 8 gigs of ram.

i would recommend restarting your computer, and then trying to play and see if you get this issue.

eaglepowers
08-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I'm surprised more people aren't running into my problem?

I have a I7 Ivy bridge w/ 16gb of ram and a GTX770.

Deunan
08-20-2014, 01:39 PM
I get the same problem sporadically. The client seems to have a limitation on the amount of RAM it can actually use because I always have enough RAM to handle what it is using. I've found that restarting the client solves the problem.