PDA

View Full Version : Crime fighter and volge rifle vision spam causing crit outs and massive lag

tim jim
08-20-2014, 11:35 AM
So i was doing explosions 101 (expert) and low and behold 2 people were running volge weapons and the other was using a crimefighter as well as bmgs, THE LAG WAS UNBELIEVABLE after somehow making it to dekuso all i saw was green and blue lights before i hard froze

when, if ever am i going to be able to disable other players effects, i don't want to see the epilepsy inducing flashing anymore, let alone the fact that 3 people can crash a co-op map with 2 types of guns

will anything EVER be done about this? like at all?
or did i get trolled by 5k + players trying to break stuff,

i wanted my c core :-(

eirich_liath
08-20-2014, 11:37 AM
The Company claims to be "working on this" and you should have that option, "soon".

tim jim
08-20-2014, 11:38 AM
The Company claims to be "working on this" and you should have that option, "soon".

soon...lol,
unless its before a certain date, too little, too late

Kyosji
08-20-2014, 11:46 AM
I've got to ask. Why do people use the Crimefighter? It would seem to me that bouncing shotgun explosive rounds would just be annoying and inaccurate.

Murzin
08-20-2014, 12:40 PM
I've got to ask. Why do people use the Crimefighter? It would seem to me that bouncing shotgun explosive rounds would just be annoying and inaccurate.

then it would seem to me that you would be wrong.

the shotgun is actually very accurate with a very predictable arc and bounce physics.

if you are having accuracy issues with the crimefighter, then it is a fault of your inability to accurately predict the completely predictable shot physics. i use mine all the time. it is a GREAT weapon. i would love to get a bio or lightning one.

Festival
08-20-2014, 12:43 PM
When some nitwit is using vision-obscuring weapons in inappropriate situations, there's only one thing left to do: whip out your trusty Spanner Protector and return the favor! =P

tim jim
08-20-2014, 09:16 PM
When some nitwit is using vision-obscuring weapons in inappropriate situations, there's only one thing left to do: whip out your trusty Spanner Protector and return the favor! =P

i like this idea, i knew i held onto my healing one for a reason...well othrt than the 7 lvl i need with it

Bonehead
08-20-2014, 09:23 PM

That is how it worked when a guy was using it while I was doing a daily contract. He hit with one out of ten rounds at best. Was quite a show with green projectiles flying and bouncing around.

Chump Norris
08-20-2014, 09:31 PM
If you can get enough people to use them in PvP it will get fixed sooner.

I wish you luck!

otonagamer
08-20-2014, 09:31 PM
What platform lags with crimefighter and Volge rifle? I was on 360 playing Motherlord expert with two crimefighter, one infector and other something. no lag. we gangbanged everything all the way. it's visually insane but fun experience. that's all.

tim jim
08-20-2014, 10:44 PM
this happened on ps3 surprised you didn't get lagged out, it could have also been due to the bmg spam that happened between every fight

oh well i'll just have to group up with mates and clannies to do experts

worst i get with them is rl or det spam, which doesn't seem to effect me lag wise (FPS?)

Chump Norris
08-20-2014, 10:56 PM
I actually just had my first run in with crime fighters in co-op and it was a horrible experience.

If I enter a co-op and someone is using a crime fighter im going afk.

Kobalobasileus
08-21-2014, 03:36 PM
You are placing blame for the lag in the wrong place. The lag is always there, and it's completely random who gets it. It has nothing to do with fancy projectile visuals. If the game works like any other game, the visuals are client side, with only "hit/miss" and damage numbers being pushed through the network.

Lag is just as common in areas where nobody is using BMGs or Defiant Few guns.

crazyged
08-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Man, you can tell who the new players are - don't think there're many vets who would touch ANY of those weapons with somebody else's pole!

PiccolaRivolta
08-22-2014, 02:55 AM
Throw in the trash your 2005 Pentium IV and stop complaining about EVERYTHING.

I always use the Crimefighter and I swear I never had anybody complaining about it. I make all the co-op maps with it.

Hell, the other day there were 3 Crimefighters in a co-op map. It was fun as hell.

Chump Norris
08-22-2014, 02:59 AM
Hell, the other day there were 3 Crimefighters in a co-op map. It was fun as hell.

That would be hell on the PS3.

tim jim
08-22-2014, 03:18 AM
Man, you can tell who the new players are - don't think there're many vets who would touch ANY of those weapons with somebody else's pole!

indeed, i run a bio vot pulser (3x crit after all the multipliers) and frc sludge rocket pod on one
and a hard boiled set of a frontier battle rifle (rad, full auto) and big boomer (2x velocity)

well just two of my casual classes i dont get the usage of crimefighters and the other defient few weapons seriously

Bentu
08-22-2014, 03:29 AM
I did an expert co op with 3 guys using crimefighters and the lag was insane and I don't normally have much of a problem.

crazyged
08-22-2014, 03:56 AM
You have to forgive the new players - they like bright, flashy things...