PDA

View Full Version : Planning ahead

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 11:51 AM
In the Defiance Server Status topic, this was just posted (along with EU server maintenance scheduled for 9/3):

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172293-9-2-14-North-American-Server-Maintenance-(PC-PS3-360)-6-AM-PDT

9/2/14 - North American Server Maintenance (PC, PS3, 360) @ 6 AM PDT
Hi all,

All NA servers (PC, PS3, and Xbox 360) are coming offline the morning of 9/2/14 at 6 AM PDT for general server maintenance. The estimated downtime is *** 2 hours. ***

Please note that this is only for the NA servers, as the EU platform will have their maintenance later on.

This is very far-reaching planning and I'm just ITCHING to know what's being worked on...anyone else?

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Perhaps this is a prelude to the arrival of F2P on the 360? I could really use that +1000 AF right about now.

Big Jack Shepard
08-20-2014, 11:58 AM
I wish I was more excited.

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 11:59 AM
I wish I was more excited.

I'm not excited either but I am CURIOUS!

KILLSHOT707
08-20-2014, 12:00 PM
2 hours...........hopefully and it won't be one more nerf that drives the rest of the players away. Getting to be a ghost town around here.

PhantasieTrion
08-20-2014, 12:02 PM
It's the standard OS updates, etc for the servers, that happen monthly.
Posted earlier than normal since some of us are out for PAX around that time and need to get it organized in advance.

Sorry, no surprises in this specific one. :)

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Posted earlier than normal since some of us are out for PAX around that time and need to get it organized in advance.

Dang! Nothing regarding Xbox F2P either?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySN62DIr0EQ

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Dang! Nothing regarding Xbox F2P either?

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/0j/giphy-PU2Ani.gif

Kyosji
08-20-2014, 12:18 PM

You know, telling your player base you are all going to PAX instead of fixing a game riddled with game killing bugs and connection issues is pretty bad form. You should all at least fix the lag and connection issues before heading to the convention.

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 12:19 PM
You know, telling your player base you are all going to PAX instead of fixing a game riddled with game killing bugs and connection issues is pretty bad form. You should all at least fix the lag and connection issues before heading to the convention.

Pssssst... they did the very same thing last year before PAX. :rolleyes:

(But yeah, I agree with your assessment.)

Bentu
08-20-2014, 12:22 PM

Well at least you know where to find them :)

Kyosji
08-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Nothing like starting your weekend with the thought of Trion going "OOH! We got some extra money from forcing everyone to the bit store! Time to buy half naked anime and video game statues!"
People still buy those at cons, right?

TheOz
08-20-2014, 12:32 PM
In the Defiance Server Status topic, this was just posted (along with EU server maintenance scheduled for 9/3):

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172293-9-2-14-North-American-Server-Maintenance-(PC-PS3-360)-6-AM-PDT

This is very far-reaching planning and I'm just ITCHING to know what's being worked on...anyone else?

My theories – Warning, only some of these are serious
Game Server shut down – Defiance’s Second season ends the Thursday before. Syfy and Dodge decide to abandon the game/show hybrid in order to save the money the game is bleeding to secure a Third season of Defiance on SyFy.
They are adding the Interceptor to PvP
Planned Server Upgrade for 360 version going F2P – The rare early start time, 6am, makes me wonder if they are unsure of just how long this may take and they don’t want to finish this at 2am again.
Planned Server Upgrade for merging of all platforms onto the same server after to coincide with 360 going F2P
Rollout of PS4 & Xbone F2P versions
Adding toll booths to all roads and Bridges in game – Arkforge tolls now required to use roads/bridges and TO FAST TRAVEL.
Adding the “Red” Scope back into the game
They are adding a gun to the Cerberus “turret”
ALL Saw nerfs reversed. - Adding server capacity to do with the influx of returning veterans who want to experience the Saw in it original glory. No more damage nerf, fall off damage nerf and recoil has also been reduced to day one stats. Also, all other nerfs of perks and nano procing are reversed, but only for the Saw.
Daredevil Title Bonuses – While wearing Daredevil title the following bonuses are in effect. 50% reduction in Bits cost and ALL in game Vendor prices, rounded down. 25% foot speed increase. 10% increase in vehicle speed and boost time. 50% chance at an instant revive on a downing, 60 cooldown. Also, Daredevil title can be now also be earned if you have 500hours played or $150 purchased in bits over time.
Normal Daily Maintenance – Since the day before is a holiday they will probably be delaying the middle of the night maintenance until they get back to office on Tuesday.

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 12:36 PM
Well at least you know where to find them :)

Come ON GUYS, LET'S ALL GO TO PAX!

Shogo_Yahagi
08-20-2014, 12:37 PM

They have a new sheet of Hello Kitty stickers to decorate them with?

N3gativeCr33p
08-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Rollout of PS4 & Xbone F2P versions

Sigh... I remember when I used to think getting a copy on PS4 would've been a great choice. Sadly, I think that ship has sailed on me.

dramaQkarri
08-20-2014, 12:43 PM
I have to say, nothing really eats at me like finding out people that can ill afford luxuries have afforded themselves a field trip.

I've been to trade shows in my industry. Very little "business" happens.

So, get thyselves to the bit store please to fund our field trip!

I'm not saying this should not happen...perhaps just go and do not speak of it. From a customer's point of view it is yet another slap in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s