PDA

View Full Version : chat still doesn't work ?

Roeh
04-03-2013, 04:50 PM
I can get past must issues because I know that an MMO launch is crazy but chat should work or am i the only one still having this problem?

Squizzl3
04-03-2013, 04:51 PM
It worked just fine for me click left on the D-Pad scroll to chat window or something like that and whala you can chat.

muerte_brutal
04-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Is there voice chat or only texted?

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Are you sure it's not working? Or is it the simple fact that nobody use the chat in this game.

Roeh
04-03-2013, 04:53 PM
don't get me wrong I can type stuff but when I hit enter it doesn't show up in the chat log

Scarabrae
04-03-2013, 04:54 PM
With a keyboard plugged into your 360 chat works brilliantly!

Unfortunately most console gamers don't have said keyboard and the ingame chat mechanic can be a bit of a chore, my recommendations, go get a cheapo keyboard!

Roeh
Are you sure it's not working? Or is it the simple fact that nobody use the chat in this game.

im sure no one is using it but I try

Roeh
With a keyboard plugged into your 360 chat works brilliantly!

Unfortunately most console gamers don't have said keyboard and the ingame chat mechanic can be a bit of a chore, my recommendations, go get a cheapo keyboard!

I got a chatpad

Squizzl3
04-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Is there voice chat or only texted?
I believe PC has VOIP but on xbox you have to be in a party and use that chat. If we do have VOIP which I don't think we do I didn't see options of volume in settings or a way to actually use my mic. Plus the Kinect commands might get annoying to others.(Not like they are useful anyways "EGO ACCEPT!")

GodBunny
04-04-2013, 10:28 PM
dont forget with xbox smartglass you can type with your tablet or phone keyboard... so if your like me with keyboard attached to tablet right beside me its easy to type on screen and chat, why buy more when you can just download the app

GodBunny
04-04-2013, 10:32 PM
p.s. i do hope they can make it so i can use smartglass to type without having to click d pad left and bring up the keyboard on screen though... i can still type with my tablet but i have to bring all the stuff up... so hopefully full integration later on would be awesome... but all in all i would like voice chat more so or before... but yes smartglass is very helpful just needs to be fully setup

Catroot
04-04-2013, 10:34 PM
With recent lag issues it can sometimes take chat up to
A minute to show up in the chat log /:

I always have a USB keyboard at the ready and occasionally
Come across others with the ability to type xD

ozikeri
04-05-2013, 03:17 PM
dont forget with xbox smartglass you can type with your tablet or phone keyboard... so if your like me with keyboard attached to tablet right beside me its easy to type on screen and chat, why buy more when you can just download the app

does it actually work with smartglass though? i personally havent tried it but i heard it wasnt compatible with smart glass.

does anyone have any news on the voice chat though? i understand you can do it through a party but i would like to know when you can use the in game chat that it has.

YellowTM
05-04-2013, 02:51 PM
I'd love to see an full smartglass integration. Allow control/display of menus/chat.

but that's a dream lol.

britannicus64
05-19-2013, 01:30 PM
The chat doesn't work well at all. I bought a brand new set of headphones for this game and I get no response from anyone. When I am in a group I can see the icon indicating that someone is talking, but I can hear nothing. There are times that I can hear someone in clan chat, but it may be one or two people and it seems like they cannot hear me. For a game that has a community based aspect to it, this is unacceptable.