PDA

View Full Version : how do Fast Travel points save? Some locations save, others don't?

illgot
04-03-2013, 04:51 PM
I have visited all the Fast Travel points and some are static, they stay recorded on my map. Others seem to get dropped and replaced by other locations.

WaGzy
04-03-2013, 04:52 PM
..............You can fast travel?

ah.

TaiBrix
04-03-2013, 05:12 PM
To fast travel - open your map - there are only a few places you can fast travel - they have a blue icon on them once you have visited them -- like Iron Demon Ranch, the Consulate. Hover your mouse over the icon until the fast travel button lights up in the lower left corner of the map - and then hit the enter button (or double click the icon, harder to do sometimes) - and you will fast travel to that point.

Xazur
04-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Fast travel points are predetermined. Everyone has the same fast travel points, so long as you have discovered that area. For me.... I just drove to all the Merchant (grey icons) on the map and unlocked fast travel points.

Buruko
04-03-2013, 05:14 PM
I have visited all the Fast Travel points and some are static, they stay recorded on my map. Others seem to get dropped and replaced by other locations.

The other locations you get 'bound' to as you travel are not Fast Travel locations but spots where you regenerate upon death.

OwenBDead
04-03-2013, 05:16 PM

Do you mean if you fast travel to a certain area and then log out and back in you will be back in spot before you fast travelled?

If so, there are a few fast travel spots that too far from the nearest respawn point and you don't get "bound" to it. So if you Die, log out, you will spawn at the last respawn point you was bound to.

Swarm
04-03-2013, 05:24 PM
fast travels and respawns are two different things. fast travels are generally established bases for the main characters of the game: cooper and the others = ranch, processing plant, crater etc.

Skeety
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Hmm. I traveled to a vendor location that I've seen marked on some vid map that I kept a picture of but it will not light up blue on my map as discovered. Even though I am standing right at that vendor as I write this. What might I be doing wrong? It's the vendor near the Bloodbath Gorge extraction point. The blue spot in this image:

Valethar
04-03-2013, 05:45 PM
As other have mentioned, it's not the quick travel location that you save to, it's the extraction beacon. Some quick travel points are close enough that you catch the beacon when you jump to that location. Others require you to run a little to get to the beacon and save. The most notable one being the Bug and Chug near the Golden Gate Bridge. That beacon is the probably the only one that's a ridiculous distance from the quick travel location, and is easily missed.

OwenBDead
04-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Hmm. I traveled to a vendor location that I've seen marked on some vid map that I kept a picture of but it will not light up blue on my map as discovered. Even though I am standing right at that vendor as I write this. What might I be doing wrong? It's the vendor near the Bloodbath Gorge extraction point. The blue spot in this image:

Not all vendor spots have fast travel, like that one doesn't.

TaiBrix
04-03-2013, 05:52 PM
There are only 9 fast travel points - including the one in San Francisco. All but one of the (the initial starting point) have a vendor. This would leave 8 permanent vendor locations that you cannot fast travel to.

Do not confuse your icon (which is blue) with the blue icon that represents a fast travel location.

Valethar
04-03-2013, 06:01 PM
There are only 9 fast travel points - including the one in San Francisco.

There are 10, including San Fran.

Tranquility Road
Earth Republic Camp
Iron Demon Ranch
Shondu's Consulate
The Crater
Muir Processing Plant
Top-Notch Toolworks
Headlands Transit Depot
Bug 'n' Chug

That's 9 of the ten. The only one not listed is the one in San Fran because I can't recall the name and haven't been there yet in release.

russell733
04-03-2013, 06:10 PM
To the OP you may also be getting confused because the icons at some spots all overlap, and finding the fast travel one can be hard, but they are there if you move the cursor in just the right spot

Skeety
04-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Ahh, I see how that works ... just travel to all the gray markers on the map and see if they turn blue, easy.;) Thanks for the help. That blue one in other post picture was the fella who made the vid, it was just too blurry for me to see if it had arrows. But I did get a real nice (real nice) shotgun on special at vendor way to the east. 1 auto shot every 1/2 second and some ammo recharge, also can take some mods (had 1 square slot, 3 dashes means can make 3 more). I love that gun, and it holds a lot of ammo. Just hold down the left mouse button and let 'er rip. Bam! Bam!

hahaha I got that bald headed 4 eyes saved in the process too after I drove that big truck around for a while in a preceding quest. That was sure fun to solo with Cas. Couldn't have done it without that shotgun. Still died a bunch. Lots and lots of mobs in that underground bunker! And lots of xp and script.

donoho
04-10-2013, 11:25 PM
I've had saved fast travel points that disappeared. I've stopped at points with beacons multiple times and sometimes a fast travel link appears sometimes it doesn't. I thought maybe there was a limit to how many you can have at once, but I'm still not sure.