PDA

View Full Version : Would u stay at your job if you were told your pay would be reduced by 80%?

taco man 67
08-21-2014, 04:44 PM
well with the current patch that is exactly what trion wants us to do. dark mater events b4 the last few patches would pay out 30-55 key codes, and around 25-40 arkforge. now they pay out 5-10 keys, and around 4-8 arkforge. trion how can u cut our pay this much, and expect us to continue to support you?

I toss the game in from time to time to see if it is getting better, but with the last patch they seem to have actually made it worse.

if you guys still want to work 4 20% wages have fun. im all but out of here.

p.s. sep 9th is just around the corner trion last chance 4 u to turn this around.

Phobic
08-21-2014, 04:50 PM
if you guys still want to work 4 20% wages have fun. im all but out of here.

Did you really just equate playing this game to working at a job?

SirServed
08-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Yes he did. Even though carrying the people around you day after day feels like a job, it's not.

OttawaREDBLACKS
08-21-2014, 04:54 PM
taco your a good person but with all the scrip you have why the hell are you still grinding events. With the amount of scrip you have I don't understand why you wouldn't just play to enjoy yourself instead of go for more gear/ scrip. With 10% of the time you spent grinding you could of used some of your scrip and actually bought something definitely better then the rewards you got.

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Let me think that over for a NO!

Syrinx
08-21-2014, 05:05 PM
It's not a job, so comparing it to a job is definately a stupid thing to do.

Time investemnt in an entertainment platform, that is what gaming is. If you feel your time investment is not returning favorable results then please, quit and find something else. There are plenty of other games out there now or just around the corner as many people are saying.

Now I am not defending Trion but these 'fix this crap or I quit' posts are just getting really stupid. Your either going to quit, or your not. The player base do not care in all honesty if Joe Blow quits Defiance and goes to play Fire Fall. I say good on em for finding something that they enjoy invbesting time into.

If you feel so strongly, post in suggestions forums and open tickets (yeah yeah...wait times..who cares your meant to be quitting anyways...what does it matter if it takes them 2 weeks to see it? You will not be around anyways.).

Just my 2 cents for the morning.

taco man 67
08-21-2014, 05:07 PM
taco your a good person but with all the scrip you have why the hell are you still grinding events. With the amount of scrip you have I don't understand why you wouldn't just play to enjoy yourself instead of go for more gear/ scrip. With 10% of the time you spent grinding you could of used some of your scrip and actually bought something definitely better then the rewards you got.why does this have to be about me, and what I can afford. this affects everyone. its true there is nothing out of my reach scrip wise, but that doesn't mean I dont want to feel like i'm getting something out of my game play. when im playing 90-95% present of the time. im running around killing stuff. 5-10% I sell stuff. I play this game because of the community not the game play[that got old about a year ago].

taco man 67
08-21-2014, 05:11 PM
It's not a job, so comparing it to a job is definately a stupid thing to do.

Time investemnt in an entertainment platform, that is what gaming is. If you feel your time investment is not returning favorable results then please, quit and find something else. There are plenty of other games out there now or just around the corner as many people are saying.

Now I am not defending Trion but these 'fix this crap or I quit' posts are just getting really stupid. Your either going to quit, or your not. The player base do not care in all honesty if Joe Blow quits Defiance and goes to play Fire Fall. I say good on em for finding something that they enjoy invbesting time into.

If you feel so strongly, post in suggestions forums and open tickets (yeah yeah...wait times..who cares your meant to be quitting anyways...what does it matter if it takes them 2 weeks to see it? You will not be around anyways.).

Just my 2 cents for the morning.I compare it to work because its the closest way to represent the changes the have just forced onto us. if u cant understand my comparison that's on you not me.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 05:49 PM
Actually folks ark hunting is a job. The only reason we're in the bay to begin with is we took a job as an ark hunter for Von Bach. Key codes, scrip, ark forge and experience were all payment for doing our job. So yaknow. Yeaaaaah. ;)

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Actually folks ark hunting is a job. The only reason we're in the bay to begin with is we took a job as an ark hunter for Von Bach. Key codes, scrip, ark forge and experience were all payment for doing our job. So yaknow. Yeaaaaah. ;)

I still say no.

dramaQkarri
08-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Sure feels like a job to me and most other veterans. Why do you think we're retiring? Enjoy the grind, newbs.

TalynOne
08-21-2014, 05:58 PM
It's not a job, it's a grind. The only negative of quitting is disappointment, not loss of income to support yourself/family. If you're not having fun, quit.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 05:59 PM
I still say no.

No paycheck for you! Bonus points for whoever gets the reference.

taco man 67
08-21-2014, 06:05 PM
It's not a job, it's a grind. The only negative of quitting is disappointment, not loss of income to support yourself/family. If you're not having fun, quit.when did u start playing?

Nefarious
08-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Taco is worried about player resource growth since its the community that buys his mods. Low resources means that Taco cant sell mods at high prices since players don't have that much scrip to spend. That means he wont be able to make 260k profit from mods from 40k Epic mod hoards. Also since the rate at which keys drop from events has lessened it puts a huge buffer in getting 75 keys to buy said Epic Mod Hoards. This will lead to having to buy keys to make up for lost time which is disadvantageous towards profits. Taco isn't worried about resources that lines the community pockets for their own personal wealth as much as the community lines his. He will not be satisfied until he has a trillion scrip! This man is worse then Varus Soleptor!

Nah, Im just joking, not srs...ok semi srs... ok Im srs.

taco man 67
08-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Taco is worried about player resource growth since its the community that buys his mods. Low resources means that Taco cant sell mods at high prices since players don't have that much scrip to spend. That means he wont be able to make 260k profit from mods from 40k Epic mod hoards. Also since the rate at which keys drop from events has lessened it puts a huge buffer in getting 75 keys to buy said Epic Mod Hoards. This will lead to having to buy keys to make up for lost time which is disadvantageous towards profits. Taco isn't worried about resources that lines the community pockets for their own personal wealth as much as the community lines his. He will not be satisfied until he has a trillion scrip! This man is worse then Varus Soleptor!

Nah, Im just joking, not srs...ok semi srs... ok Im srs.I don't want a trillion. a billion would hold me till next week. I have no need for more scrip I just want to enjoy the game as intended. not the chit we are currently playing now

taco man 67
08-21-2014, 06:17 PM

Nah, Im just joking, not srs...ok semi srs... ok Im srs.

do u actually enjoy the game as it is now?

Alastar
08-21-2014, 06:17 PM
I don't want a trillion. a billion would hold me till next week. I have no need for more scrip I just want to enjoy the game as intended. not the chit we are currently playing now

You're still playing? XD

taco man 67
08-21-2014, 06:19 PM
You're still playing? XDI don't have a billion yet. I toss it in when someone need a mod, or to see if they changed anything 4 the better

Iceberg
08-21-2014, 06:19 PM
do u actually enjoy the game as it is now?

He wants a shadow war to spawn in silicon valley, then he will enjoy it.

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 06:40 PM
No paycheck for you! Bonus points for whoever gets the reference.

http://www.seinfeldonline.com/yevkasem.jpg

taco man 67
08-21-2014, 06:42 PM
http://www.seinfeldonline.com/yevkasem.jpgbut I like soup

dramaQkarri
08-21-2014, 06:43 PM
but I like soup

soup has been nerfed into sauce

Alastar
08-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Bonus points for bonehead. Surprised it took that long. XD

dramaQkarri
08-21-2014, 06:45 PM

he was probably grabbing a quick bowl of soup.

How many bonus points? Or did you nerf them?

Iceberg
08-21-2014, 06:46 PM

Well if you said, No soup for you, I would have took a crack at it ;)

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 06:48 PM

I let real life interfere with online pursuits. Won't happen again.

I still say no.

Iceberg
08-21-2014, 06:49 PM

He didn't nerf them, but someone else might have.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121022005923/seinfeld/images/2/27/Newman.jpg

Alastar
08-21-2014, 06:53 PM

Well I have to find out if he's enjoying them first. If he is then you bet Ima nerf the shtako out of em.

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 06:57 PM
OOhhh Star!

You're killing me.

In a good way.

xxdarkxwarxx
08-21-2014, 07:06 PM
soup has been nerfed into sauce
not sauce its now water

Alastar
08-21-2014, 07:11 PM
I was aiming for a bad way :(

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2014, 08:27 PM
I certainly wouldn't stay at my job if my pay was being reduced by 80%... but I see some people around here would be perfectly fine with that.

Different strokes for different folks, or something...

EDIT: LMAO - Seinfeld is playing on the TV out in the living room right now.

Ruinne
08-21-2014, 08:28 PM
Yes he did. Even though carrying the people around you day after day feels like a job, it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT57tjz9py8

Since Embedding simply doesn't want to work for me.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 08:33 PM
I certainly wouldn't stay at my job if my pay was being reduced by 80%... but I see some people around here would be perfectly fine with that.

Different strokes for different folks, or something...

EDIT: LMAO - Seinfeld is playing on the TV out in the living room right now.

You're welcome. :cool:

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT57tjz9py8

There you go.

TalynOne
08-22-2014, 02:07 AM
when did u start playing?

Probably around 2-3 months after release.

taco man 67
08-22-2014, 05:45 AM
It's not a job, it's a grind. The only negative of quitting is disappointment, not loss of income to support yourself/family. If you're not having fun, quit.so u have been here 4 over a year, and think the changes are worth playing through? good luck with that

RobDaCool
08-22-2014, 05:49 AM
No, who would? I mean sure, if it was the only job around and I wanted to feed my kids. Then again if worse came to worse I'd put a schoolgirl uniform on my wife and open up a gaming YouTube channel lol

Ruinne
08-22-2014, 05:52 AM
there you go.

Teach me your ways!

TalynOne
08-22-2014, 09:49 AM
so u have been here 4 over a year, and think the changes are worth playing through? good luck with that

I didn't say that, I said no one is forcing you to play. I've mostly quit the game. I played a little on Monday to get some weekly contracts done and that's about it. I only come on now if I see a clan friend I just wanna hang out with.

Alastar
08-22-2014, 11:18 AM
I see a few of these people talking trash about those with complaints and telling them to shut up and no one cares about them....I say don't talk about it. Be about it and don't respond to them :rolleyes:

The Unshackled
08-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Been playing on pc since alpha and since febuary on xbox. Ive put alot of time into the game and its sad to see it in this state. Up until dlc 3 i poured money into the game hoping to see improvement but it never came. Im still gonna hop on it here and there but warmaster change hurt it for me but this latest changes killed my enjoyment for it. So yes like others im going to destiny since ever since marathon bungie hasnt let me down. Trion isnt the worst developer they have potential to be good they just need to actually listen to us and with the recent lockbox changes posted earlier i give props for that.

taco man 67
08-22-2014, 10:06 PM
I didn't say that, I said no one is forcing you to play. I've mostly quit the game. I played a little on Monday to get some weekly contracts done and that's about it. I only come on now if I see a clan friend I just wanna hang out with.you're right no1 is forcing me to play. we voice our opinion in hopes that they will meet us in the middle, but they don't seem to be listening to us. so we let them know we probably will be moving on soon if they are unwilling to meet us in said middle. I don't want to quit, but they don't seem to be giving us much of a choice.

taco man 67
08-28-2014, 02:42 AM
wow trion are u really going to leave the key/arkforge payouts as is?