PDA

View Full Version : Armchair Arkhunter

Darien
08-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Some ark hunters like to get in there and fight the good fight. Others watch events unfold before them and shout advice like they were watching televised drama. With the Armchair Ark Hunter title, let everyone know where you stand. Orů sit.

It sounds like Trion is getting a little passive aggressive about all of the complaining on the forums.

hiban
08-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Pffff, we asked for a "Lock Keeper" title and this is what we got?

DCHawkthorne
08-21-2014, 06:41 PM
It's a title?

Figures.

Darien
08-21-2014, 06:43 PM
It's a title?

Figures.

It is the title you get with one of tonight's EGO codes.

While I do not think they are deliberately trying to say something, you would think they would be more careful, given the current state of things.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Let the speculation BEGIN! ;)

Iceberg
08-21-2014, 07:05 PM
I like the one were if you can't play the game cause of lag and disconnects, the least you can do is be an arm chair ark hunter.

Scapes
08-21-2014, 07:05 PM
It sounds like Trion is getting a little passive aggressive about all of the complaining on the forums.

Or we cooked it up months ago in time for airing deadlines, thinking it was a clever bridge between Defiance show fans and Defiance game fans.

Iceberg
08-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Or we cooked it up months ago in time for airing deadlines, thinking it was a clever bridge between Defiance show fans and Defiance game fans.

Can ya guys cook up a Lock breaker/Lock Keeper ones?

Johnny Oxbow
08-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah it's definitely a little passive aggression. Given that their last few patches have been met with nothing but disdain you'd think they'd learn from it rather than jabbing at the community. Utterly childish if you ask me. A few good decisions would set things aright, but sometimes it's too much to ask for from companies like this.

hiban
Oh, so the armchair arkhunter stuff is referring to the people who watch the show in their armchair?

Oh, now it makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, Scapes.

Alastar

Maaaaaan scapes you just totally nerfed the speculation :( Granted I totally asked for an some explanation of it in the ego code thread XD

Johnny Oxbow
08-21-2014, 07:10 PM

Pff, it makes no sense in that context. It makes even less sense given the Trion quote.

Bentu

But do you not see the angst in the community and what an "Armchair expert" title could do to inflame it further.

Darien
Maaaaaan scapes you just totally nerfed the speculation :( Granted I totally asked for an some explanation of it in the ego code thread XD

He sounds awfully defensive all of a sudden...

Chump Norris
08-21-2014, 07:11 PM
I wish it was the title and a chair you could equip in place of your vehicle.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 07:13 PM
Dude I would love an armchair car! Minus the skruggin invisible repo man but wutevs.

nathanpbutler
08-21-2014, 07:23 PM

Gotta say: that seemed pretty obvious from the title itself. This one feels like folks looking for something to complain about.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 07:27 PM
Gotta say: that seemed pretty obvious from the title itself. This one feels like folks looking for something to complain about.

The only thing that I could see an issue with is that....well...armchair Arkhunters aren't playing the game and would have no use for a title. IDC either way. I find it all very funny ;) I'd sport that title. Although I really want my lock keeper title. :(

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 07:30 PM

That can't be it. It has something to do with the lone gunmen, or the grassy knoll, or alien abductions. I'll figure it out with some meds and some time...

http://cdn8.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tin-foil-hat.jpg

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 07:30 PM
The only thing that I could see an issue with is that....well...armchair Arkhunters aren't playing the game and would have no use for a title. IDC either way. I find it all very funny ;) I'd sport that title. Although I really want my lock keeper title. :(

I still want wanker for my title.

Covington
08-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Maybe I am missing the point - they made a title for people who watch the show but don't play the game for people in the game to wear who DO play the game?

I still blame disconnects for my "armchair" title.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 07:32 PM

You deserve it sir! ;)

Covington
08-21-2014, 07:33 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m767n69liW1rsm2tu.gif

The Panda
08-21-2014, 07:34 PM
I like the one were if you can't play the game cause of lag and disconnects, the least you can do is be an arm chair ark hunter.

Really. I can't seem to get into Glyph, and frankly I really don't care to troubleshoot why this unnecessary launcher is preventing me from running Defiance. Oh well, was a nice game for a while.

Nefarious
08-21-2014, 07:41 PM
I rather of gotten one of the special lock boxes. Armchair Ark Hunter doesn't sound cool.

The 6 boosts are real good though.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 07:43 PM
I rather of gotten one of the special lock boxes. Armchair Ark Hunter doesn't sound cool.

The 6 boosts are real good though.

I'm good on lockboxes myself. I'd rather get something special even if its just a title than a free 2k scrip from vendoring the lockbox. But hey different strokes :D

shawshank1198
08-21-2014, 07:44 PM
That can't be it. It has something to do with the lone gunmen, or the grassy knoll, or alien abductions. I'll figure it out with some meds and some time...

http://cdn8.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tin-foil-hat.jpg

Poor little kitty cat....:p

taco man 67
08-21-2014, 07:45 PM
It is the title you get with one of tonight's EGO codes.

While I do not think they are deliberately trying to say something, you would think they would be more careful, given the current state of things.sounds to me like they are calling us no lifers who sit on the couch all day[mikey bee did u make up this title?]. sounds like an insult no matter how u slice it. must be trick inserting his foot again

Elroyhuman
08-21-2014, 07:46 PM
A title code for folks watch the show.... to bridge between fans of the show and fans of the game.... That makes it sounds you put in a code for a title for people who watch the show, but don't play, which would be pretty useless. Yeah I see this getting a lot of use. If I leave it in my to be claimed items, will I get salvage for it?

Irongrim
08-21-2014, 08:02 PM

I was hoping for the title "Lag Keeper","Free To Pla.... oops, disconnected", or "Rebel Without a Connection"

Ruinne
08-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Let the speculation BEGIN! ;)

It could be worse, "Whiny little b**ches" springs to mind as a potential code.

Iceberg
08-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Maybe I am missing the point - they made a title for people who watch the show but don't play the game for people in the game to wear who DO play the game?

Trion Marketing 101

Alastar
08-21-2014, 08:06 PM
It could be worse, "Whiny little b**ches" springs to mind as a potential code.

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine, rainbows and unicorn farts :p

Ruinne
08-21-2014, 08:07 PM
That makes it sounds you put in a code for a title for people who watch the show, but don't play, which would be pretty useless.

Yeah but aren't we all Armchair Ark Hunters now? I mean with the game in such a state, who the hell can play it?

Ruinne
08-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine, rainbows and unicorn farts :p

I was going to go with "Bring your f**king VISA you filthy whale" as the ark code but I decided to go with a different slant.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Oooooh and a shot below the belt! Keep those gloves up XD

Ruinne
08-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Oooooh and a shot below the belt! Keep those gloves up XD

I'm feelin' a bit sassy tonight, no pillz are safe.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm feelin' a bit sassy tonight, no pillz are safe.

Oh man. I've been laughing so hard. Ty XD

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2014, 08:21 PM

"Clever bridge"... so that's what they're calling it these days? :rolleyes:

dramaQkarri
08-21-2014, 08:53 PM
I don't get it at all. Pointless.

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2014, 08:54 PM
I don't get it at all. Pointless.

You say pointless... I say uninspired. ;)

dramaQkarri
08-21-2014, 08:56 PM
You say pointless... I say uninspired. ;)

Well sense this does not make...a title for people who watch the show but don't play the game aren't going to play the game to get the title. Are they sending it thru the mail, or email? A sign they can tape to their forehead? I don't find it insulting exactly but then much that The Company does sense make it not does.

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't find it insulting exactly but then much that The Company does sense make it not does.

I'm not offended either... I just find it... uninspired. Completely.

dramaQkarri
08-21-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm not offended either... I just find it... uninspired. Completely.

I.................

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 09:13 PM
If you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Trick-560x494.jpg

cmpowell
08-21-2014, 09:14 PM
while I do think they cooked up the title months ago I think the explanation of it is a little passive aggressive or at least seems to be

cmpowell
08-21-2014, 09:15 PM

http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Trick-560x494.jpg

he would use an electric sniper, lol

Cyripax NeoPrime
08-21-2014, 09:32 PM
Ok scapes. Because ppl just shout advice at thier tv screen that cant even hear them. And besides which the title is for the game! If were playing the game then we obviously belong to the first group mentioned that like to get in there and fight.......so why would we need an armchair title? To let ppl know that we watch the show as well? Cmon trion! You could have come up with something better than that. This title along with the further explanation stating some ppl like to sit around and be backseat drivers while sitting on thier *** yelling at others......is clearly a defensive and cheap shot at the player community. It just sounds smug to me. After everything thats happened since beta and launch day, when will they start listening to the player community? And not hitlering it up and doing what they want.
And we all know that trion could change the reward for an ego code fairly fast. Show deadline? Pretty sure theres no proof this reward title or explanation existed months ago.

But i could be wrong. Im only human.

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2014, 09:37 PM

Oh, you... :)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq25dru0rJ1qj4vj5o1_400.gif

Valgmorgan
08-21-2014, 09:43 PM
I would of like to have Grid's glowing eyes on my character in game...it can be done, or at least add it in for a reward for exploration of Silicon Valley-- a few races one for the rollers and runners. A couple of shoot fest, and what not since no added data recorders on that side of the map. That area should of had at least 2-3 new co-op instances, and not recycled maps - be creative.

Tyger_WDR
08-21-2014, 10:07 PM

"Months" ago would have put it at the release of DLC 5, when you guys completely altered the core mechanics of the game. So no, I think this is a perfectly credible criticism of the use of this title under current player / dev team relationships.

Strykewolf
08-21-2014, 10:51 PM
I found it amusing.

crazyged
08-21-2014, 11:32 PM
...but I don't have an armchair...

drackiller
08-22-2014, 12:42 AM
I rather of gotten one of the special lock boxes. Armchair Ark Hunter doesn't sound cool...

Oh, wait, Nef not liking something that Trion made with so much love and care for their fans !? Unbelievable.

drackiller
08-22-2014, 12:45 AM
I was going to go with "Bring your f**king VISA you filthy whale" as the ark code but I decided to go with a different slant.
Too many words for a code, but i`ll sum your sentence to one word: suckers ;)

Tsort
08-22-2014, 12:47 AM
It's fair game.

Next time try "couch potato"... how about "virgin whale"?

Yrkul
08-22-2014, 03:44 AM
It came across as an insult, judging from a good number of responses. It might not have been intentional, but heh... Nothing new.

crazyged
08-22-2014, 03:51 AM
I can see it now... my scarred toon boasting the new title.

Way to impress the new players and pick up chicks!

alred
08-22-2014, 03:57 AM

I'll buy that for a dollar. I'm a fan of both the game and the TV show. The dang TV show though makes it dangerous to be outside of a certain family.

alred
08-22-2014, 03:58 AM
I can see it now... my scarred toon boasting the new title.

Way to impress the new players and pick up chicks!

Why would one want to pick up a baby bird?

Bentu
08-22-2014, 04:03 AM

To wring its neck :p

crazyged
08-22-2014, 04:03 AM

What heartless monster would leave a baby bird just lying there?

Bentu
08-22-2014, 04:08 AM
What heartless monster would leave a baby bird just lying there?

Coughs........ the foxes need to eat to.

alred
08-22-2014, 04:09 AM
To wring its neck :p
I'd just stomp on it. Saves me the effect of bending down.

Reminds me of the question: Why do elephants have flat feet?

Answer: To stomp out burning Ducks. Or something like that.

crazyged
08-22-2014, 04:10 AM
Coughs........ the foxes need to eat to.

Screw the foxes - roast baby bird is delicious!

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 04:57 AM
What are they trying to say?

http://i.imgur.com/s6w6Egz.gif

crazyged
08-22-2014, 05:07 AM

Could be a "Trick" of the light, but that pic reminds me of someone... hmmmmm...

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 05:24 AM
Could be a "Trick" of the light, but that pic reminds me of someone... hmmmmm...

Should I give him longer hair?

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2014, 05:25 AM
I'm shocked, shocked to find that Trion would insult their player base!

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 05:26 AM

Looks just like (the avatar of) Ironcladtrash! lol

KasperSheitup
08-22-2014, 05:27 AM
I've never worn a title in-game but this one might actually be the first one that I'd like to wear because it is so dumb.

Covington
08-22-2014, 05:36 AM
I've never worn a title in-game but this one might actually be the first one that I'd like to wear because it is so dumb.

That is how I feel about the bio suit and the shotgun mask. I only use those when I am using an obnoxious blinding weapon.

Covington
08-22-2014, 05:37 AM
Trion Marketing 101

Wondering if they are hiring... lol Nah I would hate to leave my stable job to work there.

taco man 67
08-22-2014, 05:53 AM

http://i.imgur.com/s6w6Egz.gifis this the armchair arkhunter in his normal habitat?

drackiller
08-22-2014, 05:56 AM

Hey you, leave ironcladtrash out of this mess...

Covington
08-22-2014, 05:57 AM
Hey you, leave ironcladtrash out of this mess...

ACK how did you get that? I really need the shave...

:p

Tsort
08-22-2014, 07:04 AM
Well if the baby bird has a nice donkey, I'd show them my rooster.

*ZING*

Mosche
08-22-2014, 07:22 AM
Dear Trion,
apparently you need a non-native English speaker like me to tell you that "Armchair Whatever" is a negative term. You are welcome for my extensive research ( 5 seconds) which pulled up this:

Urban Dictionary: Armchair General
A person who sits in a chair behind a computer and leads people or at least attempts to, instead of doing it in person. Usually complains about government, organization, military, political, or religious events through blogs, forums, and social networking sites.

Oleman
08-22-2014, 07:54 AM
"Lag Breaker" would be a satisfying title for me. I'm certain I've qualified for "Runs in Place" or "Treadmiller Killer"

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 07:57 AM
Dear Trion,
apparently you need a non-native English speaker like me to tell you that "Armchair Whatever" is a negative term. You are welcome for my extensive research ( 5 seconds) which pulled up this:

A person who sits in a chair behind a computer and leads people or at least attempts to, instead of doing it in person. Usually complains about government, organization, military, political, or religious events through blogs, forums, and social networking sites.

This describes every person on the forums and every employee at the company...am I right? What do I win?

We're ALL armchair quarterbacks!

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 07:58 AM

Also see:

Armchair Quarterback
Armchair Racing
Armchair Ranger
Armchair Rebel
Armchair Referee
Armchair Rescuer
Armchair Rockstar
Armchair Samurai
Armchair Scientist
Armchair Thinker

Rumeyes
08-22-2014, 09:04 AM

Wait, so this is Trion dissing the community again?

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 09:06 AM
I didn't even know the urban dictionary response to it, but just reading the title sounds like they are calling us lazy people who just play by leaning on their chair. To me it sounds insulting.

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 09:11 AM
I want to customize my own titles.

I'd have SUCH poor tasting titles!

Guinea Pig
Testee
Lazybones
The Jerk
S**thead
Dirtbag
Dooch
Chit

the list goes on.

EDIT: Really? It edited my ********? S******d

Kanah
08-22-2014, 09:21 AM
I would like to bestow upon the good people at Trion a title in recognition of all their efforts:

"Armchair devs"

Iceberg
08-22-2014, 09:23 AM
Also see:

Armchair Quarterback
Armchair Racing
Armchair Ranger
Armchair Rebel
Armchair Referee
Armchair Rescuer
Armchair Rockstar
Armchair Samurai
Armchair Scientist
Armchair Thinker

You forgot Armchair Developer.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 09:24 AM
You forgot Armchair Developer.

It was a clever omission on my part... I have no need for additional infractions. ;)

Deunan
08-22-2014, 10:09 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1290449/picard-facepalm-o.gif

Cooked up seems like an appropriate term because the concept is half baked.

First of all there's this...

I still blame disconnects for my "armchair" title.

And then of course there's this...

Dear Trion,

Cyborg Superman
08-22-2014, 10:32 AM
ya'll wanted a lockkeeper title. well this is the closest youre gonna get. I don't see why everyone complains over free shatko. I never expect too much when something is free. Trion can't even give something away without everyone cying about it. I guess they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Elroyhuman
08-22-2014, 10:41 AM
Armchair Arkhunter indeed.

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 10:48 AM
ya'll wanted a lockkeeper title. well this is the closest youre gonna get. I don't see why everyone complains over free shatko. I never expect too much when something is free. Trion can't even give something away without everyone cying about it. I guess they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Damn Supes, you never seem to fully read or comprehend whats going on before you respond. The issue we have is that the title they gave us is an insulting one. Not like "The small amount you offered me is insulting", like literally "Your calling me an insulting name" type of insulting. If you want to keep throwing your opinions around, that's fine, but when you try to insult us for 'crying' over stuff like this because it's free, you're making yourself look pretty small.

taco man 67
08-22-2014, 01:06 PM
ya'll wanted a lockkeeper title. well this is the closest youre gonna get. I don't see why everyone complains over free shatko. I never expect too much when something is free. Trion can't even give something away without everyone cying about it. I guess they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.armchair superman

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2014, 01:18 PM
armchair superman I'm not fond of you taco, but that was funny. :)

taco man 67
08-22-2014, 01:24 PM
I'm not fond of you taco, but that was funny. :)you are not fond of me from experience? or like the majority who don't seem to care 4 me because of what some idiot told them?

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2014, 01:25 PM
you are not fond of me from experience? or like the majority who don't seem to care 4 me be cause of what some idiot told them?In game experience.

taco man 67
08-22-2014, 01:30 PM
In game experience.Ic care to send me a pm and tell me what the experience was? I don't remember ever speaking to u sir

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 01:49 PM
I want a title
Brown Starfish

taco man 67
08-22-2014, 02:14 PM
I want a title
Brown Starfishprecious brown eye already has claim to that 1

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 02:22 PM
precious brown eye already has claim to that 1

we can share

Bonehead
08-22-2014, 02:24 PM
I really want "wanker" as a title. I really do. I would be such a good boy if I could have it.

Cavadus
08-22-2014, 02:32 PM
I thought it was weird that one of the "7th Legion" titles wasn't "Legionary." I'd like some Roman rank titles in the game, personally.

Elroyhuman
08-22-2014, 02:45 PM

"Shatko" free or otherwise is still Shatko.....

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2014, 02:56 PM
I thought it was weird that one of the "7th Legion" titles wasn't "Legionary." I'd like some Roman rank titles in the game, personally.

SPQR would be pretty cool.

Mosche
08-22-2014, 06:22 PM
German doesn't have an exact equivalent to "armchair general" so they turned it into Wannabe-Arkhunter. Haven't seen anyone sporting that title yet ;)

Alastar
08-22-2014, 06:51 PM
German doesn't have an exact equivalent to "armchair general" so they turned it into Wannabe-Arkhunter. Haven't seen anyone sporting that title yet ;)

Well. Way to not make it insulting Germany :p

Irongrim
08-22-2014, 06:51 PM

I Wannabe an Arkhunter, but the lag doesn't allow me to be. I think we are all Wannabe Arkhunters until servers are fixed. Are development teams that break a game so significantly Wannabe(s) as well?

Darien
08-23-2014, 03:53 AM
SPQR would be pretty cool.

SPQR does not mean what you think it does. Roman soldiers did not tattoo it on their bodies.

It was roughly the equivalent of writing "City of New York" on a manhole cover, "The United States of America" on your money, or otherwise marking your stuff as belonging to your body of government.

Also it makes no sense lore-wise.

Ironhide
08-23-2014, 07:46 AM
I found thentitle to be insulting too, and thus it will sit in my claims till its auto deleted. I don't care if I get salvage for it, I just want it gone period.

Copperpot
08-23-2014, 08:02 AM
Nowadays, I'm more of an Armchair Ark-avoider

EDIT: I could use 31 more kills at a Major though. Unfortunately, I can't find one already open and everytime I call one down I DC on entry.

dramaQkarri
08-23-2014, 08:15 AM

Lovingly created by a wannabe-developer wannabe-translator.

How they could make it even MORE insulting in another language is incredible.

Raxx
08-23-2014, 08:30 AM
Nowadays, I'm more of an Armchair Ark-avoider

EDIT: I could use 31 more kills at a Major though. Unfortunately, I can't find one already open and everytime I call one down I DC on entry.

Same here, I only log in now just to BS with the clannies and that's about it

Raxx
08-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I Wannabe an Arkhunter, but the lag doesn't allow me to be. I think we are all Wannabe Arkhunters until servers are fixed. Are development teams that break a game so significantly Wannabe(s) as well?

BUwahahaa wouldn't that be funny if the in game mods (which I don't think we have any because even they know their game sucks now) had a title of Wannabe-Developer

Arsenic_Touch
08-23-2014, 08:32 AM
I laughed when I saw the reward, not because it was funny but because it's a negative term and they've been doing a bang up job with pouring gasoline on the fire. Their explanation on the page makes zero sense in the context and the defensive clarification is just icing in the cake.

Punisher Illinois Blue
08-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Dear Trion,

Well there's your problem right there, your using a dictonary written by corrupt and or offensive people, that can put anything they want on the web with no refrence.

Going by the Oxford dictonary armchair arkhunter can mean unpractical arkhunter.. I haven't seen this much fighting over a defiance tag since that time everyone got that psychopath tag for completing on of the coop maps...

]

Deunan
08-23-2014, 10:24 AM
I found thentitle to be insulting too, and thus it will sit in my claims till its auto deleted. I don't care if I get salvage for it, I just want it gone period.Titles in claims don't auto delete. It will sit there in claims mocking you until the servers shut down. :p

DepthProbe
08-23-2014, 11:15 AM
You know... I think a lot of you are really disgruntled and are reaching way too much for anything to be mad about. I'm not defending or excusing any decisions Trion has made, but this title is what it is. Take it at face value.

We are all sitting back taking arks with our fingers. We are not Joshua Nolan or Irisa actively taking arks. While I can think of a million better titles that could have been chosen for patrons I don't think it was meant as a sneer. Of course, that's my opinion.

Deunan
08-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Going by the Oxford dictonary armchair arkhunter can mean unpractical arkhunter.No it can't. You're wrong on this just like you're wrong on so many other things. Oxford adopts a similar meaning and he wasn't relying on just the dictionary. Anyone with a modicum of world experience and a scintilla of common sense knows that when armchair is used as an adjective it always has a derogatory aspect to it.

Punisher Illinois Blue
08-23-2014, 12:02 PM
No it can't. You're wrong on this just like you're wrong on so many other things. Oxford adopts a similar meaning and he wasn't relying on just the dictionary. Anyone with a modicum of world experience and a scintilla of common sense knows that when armchair is used as an adjective it always has a derogatory aspect to it.

Yes it can. Go ask a professor about this issue. By the way your wrong in your entire statement.

Punisher Illinois Blue
08-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Youv doomed yourself by atacking the innocent... Have a nice day. -_-

Copperpot
08-23-2014, 12:05 PM
No it can't. You're wrong on this just like you're wrong on so many other things. Oxford adopts a similar meaning and he wasn't relying on just the dictionary. Anyone with a modicum of world experience and a scintilla of common sense knows that when armchair is used as an adjective it always has a derogatory aspect to it.

lol, scintilla.

Darien
08-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Well there's your problem right there, your using a dictonary written by corrupt and or offensive people, that can put anything they want on the web with no refrence.

Going by the Oxford dictonary armchair arkhunter can mean unpractical arkhunter.. I haven't seen this much fighting over a defiance tag since that time everyone got that psychopath tag for completing on of the coop maps...

]

From Oxford: "lacking or not involving practical or direct experience of a particular subject or activity."

Feel free to explain how you can tell someone that they have no practical or direct experience doing their job or hobby but not have it be an insult.

CaptainObvious
08-23-2014, 12:33 PM
The title "******" would fit a lot of people there.

Silicon Valley
08-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Feel free to explain how you can tell someone that they have no practical or direct experience doing their job or hobby but not have it be an insult.

This is when the funny man jumps out of the corner and yells: "Joke! Joke! It's a joke!"

Elroyhuman
08-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Titles in claims don't auto delete. It will sit there in claims mocking you until the servers shut down. :p

So not too much longer....

Punisher Illinois Blue
08-23-2014, 01:09 PM
From Oxford: "lacking or not involving practical or direct experience of a particular subject or activity."

Sure no problem. If your like me and like to stick with one play style, snipeing, even when doing things like fighting the motherload, fighting helbugs at a major would not be considered practical.

That's just one example.

So how insulted were you when you got the psychopath tag? This question is for anyone reading it...

Raxx
08-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Titles in claims don't auto delete. It will sit there in claims mocking you until the servers shut down. :p

Which won't be long if Trion keeps treating us the way they have

Deunan
08-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Yes it can. Go ask a professor about this issue. By the way your wrong in your entire statement.

http://mrldavis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Delusion.jpg

Darien
08-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Sure no problem. If your like me and like to stick with one play style, snipeing, even when doing things like fighting the motherload, fighting helbugs at a major would not be considered practical.

That's just one example.

So how insulted were you when you got the psychopath tag? This question is for anyone reading it...

First of all, the word practical and the phrase "practical experience" mean two very different things.

Since you like the dictionary so much, go look up "context" and "connotation". You do not seem to know what they mean.

You get the psychopath title after completing the Island of Lost Soldiers achievement. The main point of the storyline in that map is that a guy named "Psycho Pete" is killing people and talking to Hellbugs. The word "psychopath" is used multiple times in the script of the instance. This is what is known as "context". It is a good thing you went and looked it up!

If you had done a map all about proctology first, then maybe it would be less offensive when I tell you to pull your head out of your ***.

drackiller
08-23-2014, 03:07 PM

Not a bit, it is the tag that i currently use in all my chars.

dearhcrow89
08-23-2014, 04:22 PM

haha i get it chillen in your chair while you watch and play clever

Punisher Illinois Blue
08-24-2014, 07:59 AM
http://mrldavis.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Delusion.jpg

Thats funny your showing a classic example of "Self Projection."

Punisher Illinois Blue
08-24-2014, 08:13 AM
First of all, the word practical and the phrase "practical experience" mean two very different things.

Since you like the dictionary so much, go look up "context" and "connotation". You do not seem to know what they mean.

You get the psychopath title after completing the Island of Lost Soldiers achievement. The main point of the storyline in that map is that a guy named "Psycho Pete" is killing people and talking to Hellbugs. The word "psychopath" is used multiple times in the script of the instance. This is what is known as "context". It is a good thing you went and looked it up!

If you had done a map all about proctology first, then maybe it would be less offensive when I tell you to pull your head out of your ***.

Ive seen you post here before... You like to try and mentally harm people esp people that dont deserve it... Because of this your ****ed.

Anyway moving on too your example, its flawed... My example works fine given what the objective was. I would say its you that needs to look up the definition of the words youv written me BUT in this case I know you have purposely skewed the defintion of airchair AND the motive behind why trion would give out this free tag too people that entered last weeks code.

drake
08-24-2014, 08:35 AM
i think title is funny if it was supposed to be mean or not. can we not agree that no matter what we do in life we have all reached a point where stuff adds up and you got to vent. doesnt mean anything just say nice jab guess we had it coming try be funnier next time.

hardy83
08-24-2014, 08:48 AM
I'm offended completely. I am not an armchair arkhunter. My computer chair does not have arm rests to be labeled as an "armchair".

This makes me very angry. Grrrrrr!

DEATHBRINGER210
08-24-2014, 08:50 AM
i wonder if it was thought up at the same time as the war master event changes notes

Silicon Valley
08-24-2014, 08:58 AM
This is when the funny man jumps out of the corner and yells: "Joke! Joke! It's a joke!"

Joke! Joke! It's a joke!

http://www.iliketoquote.com/img/2189.jpg

Bumpage
08-24-2014, 09:10 AM
it was a clever bridge between Defiance show fans and Defiance game fans.

http://lowres.cartoonstock.com/marriage-relationships-knight-knight_in_shining_armour-armor-boyfriend-husband-jknn460_low.jpg

A clever bridge between the Defiance game fans and the Defiance game developers.

I cooked it up months ago.

Ruinne
08-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! I STAND AT MY DESK! Attica! Attica! Rabble!

If this is the latest thing people are angry over you're just looking for reasons to be angry.

Stop that.

There are too many.

You'll have a stroke.

Kanah
08-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm offended completely. I am not an armchair arkhunter. My computer chair does not have arm rests to be labeled as an "armchair".

This makes me very angry. Grrrrrr!

All proper gamers have swivel chairs. Mine is a Miller Aeron and although it has arm rests, it is most certainly not an armchair. Never mind me, now my chair is offended. Do not offend the chair!

Grrrr!

Darien
08-24-2014, 10:26 AM
BUT in this case I know you have purposely skewed the defintion of airchair

Yes, I skewed it by copying and pasting the entire definition that you cited, rather than just picking out two words that supported my argument the way you do.

It is a shame the way that facts skew arguments. Trion should nerf facts next. They are too OP.

taco man 67
08-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Yes, I skewed it by copying and pasting the entire definition that you cited, rather than just picking out two words that supported my argument the way you do.

It is a shame the way that facts skew arguments. Trion should nerf facts next. They are too OP.30 hellen's agree. its a fact

Tsort
08-25-2014, 01:54 AM
(...) BUT in this case I know you have purposely skewed the defintion of airchair (...)

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/570714600yahooinvisiblechairguy.jpg (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=570714600yahooinvisiblechairguy.jpg)

JoshuaIsHere
08-25-2014, 03:39 AM
It is a shame the way that facts skew arguments. Trion should nerf facts next. They are too OP.

"I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!"

oVEcWpqtS8M