PDA

View Full Version : Live Chat Support for Active Patrons and Recent Purchases

Scapes
08-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Ark hunters,

As part of Defiance’s transition to free-to-play across PC, PlayStation 3, and soon on Xbox 360, we are adjusting access to our live chat support channel. Starting Wednesday, August 27, players who are active Patrons in Defiance will have access to our Support Team via live chat on http://support.trionworlds.com during the hours of 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM CDT, Monday through Sunday. All of our pre-free-to-play players who have purchased Defiance receive a free month of Patron status. Additionally, players who have made a purchase of Bits within the last 30 days will also be able to use live chat for the duration of their status.

All players will be able to contact our Support Team regardless of active Patron status or recent purchases via our ticketing system on http://support.trionworlds.com or email at support@trionworlds.com. Response rates will be longer than usual due to recent surges in player population, but the team is adding dozens of new staff members starting this week to restore our standard 72-hour turnaround. Thanks for your understanding in the interim!

dramaQkarri
08-21-2014, 08:50 PM
well there it is

OttawaREDBLACKS
08-21-2014, 09:00 PM
glad you didn't include the season pass any type of special coverage. Guess that's just another spit in the face to the veterans that already bought into the system. Since Microsoft was handing out refunds of it left and right I wonder if I can get it a year later.

cmpowell
08-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Ha! thanks for purchasing the game, but were only gonna help you fix the things we mess up for 30 days unless you purchase something from the store, lol

Alastar
08-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Any intention to make Live support free for long term players? :cool:

GooberStomper
08-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Any intention to make Live support free for long term players? :cool:
http://www.sortanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Laugh-Arnold-internetjedi.org_.gif

Deunan
08-22-2014, 12:18 AM
All players will be able to contact our Support Team regardless of active Patron status or recent purchases via our ticketing system on http://support.trionworlds.com or email at support@trionworlds.com. Response rates will be longer than usual due to recent surges in player population......

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5478/14359325141_00d9b16174.jpg

Alastar
08-22-2014, 12:38 AM
What's so funny goober :p

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Even though my account status says I have 75 days remaining, it would be really great if I was actually on that F2P "old school" Patron Pass plan, but as a 360 player, I'm still waiting in line for that to become a reality.

Color me confused.

18 days.

Covington
08-22-2014, 05:41 AM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5478/14359325141_00d9b16174.jpg

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lisn6sajOK1qeq3dko1_400.gif

They seriously need to address the email chat issues or start making threads here and directing people here for common problems if they are so bogged down.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lte0kxLIqm1qb66hjo1_500.gif

Iceberg
08-22-2014, 09:22 AM
My response to this announcement is: Boooooooooo!

Live chat just got nerfed. (again)

Deunan
08-22-2014, 09:40 AM
They seriously need to address the email chat issues or start making threads here and directing people here for common problems if they are so bogged down.Along a similar line they need to put out a more comprehensive list of known bugs and issues. As part of the procedure for filing a support ticket they could direct players to that list so they could reduce the number of support tickets in the queue. There are probably far too many tickets in the queue for known issues that shouldn't be there because the response is always the same (it's known issue that they have not been able to fix yet and the player should file a bug report when it occurs).

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Along a similar line they need to put out a more comprehensive list of known bugs and issues. As part of the procedure for filing a support ticket they could direct players to that list so they could reduce the number of support tickets in the queue. There are probably far too many tickets in the queue for known issues that shouldn't be there because the response is always the same (it's known issue that they have not been able to fix yet and the player should file a bug report when it occurs).

This would require a level of organizational skills that history shows us they do not possess. I'm certain the process could be streamlined in such a way that yes, they would no longer be bogged down like they are now. But if they knew how to do that then we wouldn't be in this pickle of support being nerfed.

As far as bug reports regarding these ongoing issues, I don't know why they even ask for them anymore. How many more examples do they need to show that the issues are not getting fixed?

I also like how they can no longer afford to support us but can afford to run off to PAX. That kind of thing really sticks in my craw.

I wonder how long until the lights go out for the last time.

Riz
08-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Already unofficially announced, but now certain and official... Wow Trion...

Let me start off with understanding the fact that you cant have live-support for people playing the game for free, sure there has to be made a difference between people not ever buying anything and people that do bring in some money.

Now it's time for a little rant!

The game has always been broken! Server lags, disconnects a lot, hard-freezes and so on. None of them have ever been properly adressed. Many patches includes improvements of server stability, but i have yet to see one coming that actually works. Besides that you keep breaking the game more and more... On purpose!

Some examples to that... Grenade-gate, Introducing threat levels, ******* with our weapons, encrypting stuff, lockbreaker vs lockkeeper-gate, Cloak-nerf, the reward-trashing and of course the F2P launch on consoles where many vets have lost their inventory slots. Waiting for 72 hours (3 full days) to even get a reply is simply too long if a problem is really urgent and game-breaking. Not to mention this is a reply, not a solution! The solution may take 3-4 replies which equals 9-12 days. Two weeks!!! If a solution is given at all. Many people i know have filed a ticket and it got closed without a reply even.

So live-support is the ONLY WORKING solution people have. And you force people to buy bits for a broken game to be able get a fix which wont even make the game less broken. Only their character will be getting fixed, if possible.

Again, i fully understand you cant do everything for people you're offering to play the game for for free. But what about the people that have shown their trust in you? That have pre-ordered or bought the game at FULL price? That actually spent real money on a Season Pass for 5 underwhelming DLC's? That after all that you've done to destroy the game are still playing today and sticking with you towards the end?

In normal life loyalty gets rewarded, you're just 13itchslapping the people that have provided you with money to start off with. Maybe not enough money, but more than the game was worth back then. Even more then the game is worth nowadays, which is exactly 0 euro according to my PS-store.

nathanpbutler
08-22-2014, 01:42 PM
So, if you bought bits ages ago and still have some, you have to spend it on a Patron Pass or buy MORE on top of what you already have, in order to access live chat support. That's asinine.

Kyosji
08-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Scapes, here's an issue you may have never run into, but you should think about. I am currently fighting with support, and waiting for tiered support response for an issue with my Patron pass. Currently Trions system is glitching out, and has taken a month of Patron away from me. I am now no longer a patron player, even though I should have 30 days left. I have been stuck now for nearly a week without my patron pass, and I cannot use live support because of it.

This is a bad system that Trion is running.

dramaQkarri
08-29-2014, 08:29 AM
In addition, I just tried to access support to see if it's working and it's not, because of the post below. I do have an active patron pass. The issue might also be that I can't get the game selector on the right to select Defiance or any of their other 3 games. I tried 2 browsers, chrome and explorer and neither one worked.

I sent Kiwi a PM about it hoping they can get it fixed. See also this thread:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?173063-Patron-but-not-able-to-use-live-chat.

Side note: I don't need support atm but thought I'd check it out.

N3gativeCr33p
08-29-2014, 09:03 AM
My account still displays:

Payment method: --
Patron Subscription Plan: --
Active Time Remaining: 75 Days
Renewal Date: --
Renewal Amount: --

http://www.bargaineering.com/images/in_posts/bank-error-in-your-favor-monopoly.jpg

dramaQkarri
08-29-2014, 09:07 AM
Clusterf***, my friends. That makes THREE different problems. Basically my thinking is they don't WANT ANYONE using live chat for any reason anymore. Maybe they glitched it on purpose.

Unique One
08-29-2014, 10:13 AM
If this were any other MMO we would have 24/7 ingame GMs and wouldn't need a separate live support system.

That said, I have only needed live support once so far. Most issues I try my best to just ignore.

.. also ..

anyone notice how they always phrase even the worst news in this forum section like it is good news? The title of this thread should be "MONEY OR F* YOU"... actually ignore the "MONEY OR" part...

We need to get google translate to add trionese translations.

Mushbeeguy
08-29-2014, 01:08 PM
I just tried to ask how many days I had left on my Patron Pass ( I had bought a 90 day pass...add that to the rewards and I should be just fine) Except I am not allowed access to Live Chat, it says I don't have a pass.

Get your act together!!!

Ban me if you will, but I fail to see anything but poor managerment/training/programming. Fess up, is the real reason Xbox hasn't gone FTP is you haven't passed Microsoft's standards?

Mushbeeguy
09-02-2014, 12:52 PM
So do Xbox Patron acccount have access to Live Chat or not? Because I still don't

MadDogTremor
09-02-2014, 01:15 PM
So basically, your attitude toward customers who BOUGHT multiple DLC's and not to mention, BOUGHT the original launch of Defiance over a year ago......essentially get your middle finger as far as Customer Support is concerned? Nice business model. Awesome plan! :rolleyes:

I hear crickets chirping in the near future for Trion. Where there USED to be REAL customers.

What else shall you take from us?

Amack
09-02-2014, 08:50 PM
So basically, your attitude toward customers who BOUGHT multiple DLC's and not to mention, BOUGHT the original launch of Defiance over a year ago......essentially get your middle finger as far as Customer Support is concerned? Nice business model. Awesome plan! :rolleyes:

I hear crickets chirping in the near future for Trion. Where there USED to be REAL customers.

What else shall you take from us?

They did the same thing in Rift quite awhile ago, and I do believe there are still plenty of people playing.

Iceberg
09-03-2014, 03:09 AM
They did the same thing in Rift quite awhile ago, and I do believe there are still plenty of people playing.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Amack
09-03-2014, 04:00 AM
Two wrongs do not make a right.

It has nothing to do with right or wrong. Besides, those are opinions on the matter.

Alastar
09-04-2014, 07:26 AM
It has nothing to do with right or wrong. Besides, those are opinions on the matter.

And opinions are what wins and loses wallets ;)

Deunan
09-04-2014, 05:30 PM
All of our pre-free-to-play players who have purchased Defiance receive a free month of Patron status.Just to clarify this does not mean these players receive a month of actual Patron Pass benefits. It means that they get 30 days of free access to live chat support. It would have been much simpler and less confusing to say that without any reference to the term "Patron".

PhantasieTrion
09-04-2014, 05:37 PM
All of our pre-free-to-play players who have purchased Defiance receive a free month of Patron status.

Just to clarify this does not mean these players receive a month of actual Patron Pass benefits. It means that they get 30 days of free access to live chat support. It would have been much simpler and less confusing to say that without any reference to the term "Patron".

Hi Deunan

If you are a F2P player, and you purchase a copy of Defiance it includes a code in the box. When you redeem that code, you get a free month of Patron Pass and all its benefits.

This is what Scapes was referring to - so I feel what he said is accurate.

Deunan
09-04-2014, 05:43 PM
They did the same thing in Rift quite awhile agoNo they didn't. Rift was a subscription based game and access to live chat support isn't simply based on having made a recent purchase. Access is granted to any player that's achieved Rift's Blue Loyalty Tier. You have to have 120,000 Loyalty Points to achieve the Blue Loyalty Tier. While one way to gain Loyalty Tier points is to spend money on the game through micro transactions, subscribers prior to free-to-play received 7,000 Loyalty Points for each month they were subscriber before the game went free-to-play so many veteran players automatically received Blue Loyalty Tier status when the Loyalty Tier system was implemented and the paywall for live chat support went up. In other words veteran players for the game were effectively grandfathered in to free live chat support. Compared to Rift veteran players Defiance veteran players got shafted.

In addition, once you achieve the Blue Loyalty Tier you don't have to do anything further to have access to Live Chat support whereas in Defiance you have to pay Trion every 30 days unless you purchase long term Patron Pass status. So for Defiance you have to continuously pay them to maintain access to live chat support whereas in Rift, if you didn't get grandfathered in, there is still a point where you no longer have to spend money on the game to get live chat support.

One final distinction is that because Rift has a more diversified currency system, it is also possibly to earn Loyalty Points without spending any money. All in all the options for access to live chat support for Rift players are much better than those for Defiance players.

I disagree strongly with Trion's refusal to grandfather in its veteran players for free live chat support, especially when there are so few of them left for it to really matter to the company financially. It's just another penny-wise pound-foolish decision on its part which needlessly and thoughtlessly alienates part of their player base.

Deunan
09-04-2014, 05:57 PM
If you are a F2P player, and you purchase a copy of Defiance it includes a code in the box. When you redeem that code, you get a free month of Patron Pass and all its benefits.

This is what Scapes was referring to - so I feel what he said is accurate.Pre-free-to-play player covers more players than just F2P players that purchased a copy of Defiance afterwards. It covers all players who paid for the game regardless of when they bought it and redeemed the code. For most of us that are PC players our complimentary month of Patron Pass status expired over a month before this pay wall went up even with the subsequent compensation extensions.

I assumed we got 30 days of free access because when other players were not getting access when the pay wall initially went up unannounced I didn't have an active Patron Pass nor did I make a purchase within the past 30 days but I was still able to get access to live chat support. Was that a glitch and, if so, does that mean that PC players who paid for the game before it went free-to-play aren't getting any period of complimentary free live chat support?

PiccolaRivolta
09-05-2014, 12:47 AM
Hi Deunan

This is what Scapes was referring to - so I feel what he said is accurate.

OMG, I didn't know... I've bought a copy of Defiance two months ago and kept the code since then, thinking it was the "base game key" - Now that you told me I redeemed it and got some nice goodies... 1.000 arkforge, 25+ keycode cap, 35 slots and 3 loadout slots! I'm so happy I can buy Mod Hoards and T4 lock boxes now :D Thank you

EroticJellyfish
09-08-2014, 09:20 AM
wonderful. 100 days of patron pass and live chat support still isn't working.. thanks for crapping on my game trion.

put in a support ticket to get their support fixed, but given the rate of the customer service. i'll probably be dead first.

Careful trion,, your going to beat EA as the worst company in America.

hype
09-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Recent Purchases ? what do you mean by that because i spent £30 on friday and i cant use live chat

Deunan
09-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Recent Purchases ? what do you mean by that because i spent £30 on friday and i cant use live chatI would PM CM Kiwibird and Scapes. If you made any kind of purchase with Trion in the past 30 days you should have access to live chat support for the following 30 days.