PDA

View Full Version : Why should I play?

Copperpot
08-21-2014, 09:23 PM
This can be a constructive thread. It can also be hilarious. I want to know why I should log on and play Defiance. I am 5300ish EGO. I have some pursuits to finish obviously. I probably won't torture myself with racing gold or all the PVP bull, but after that what am I chasing? What were you guys chasing before you hated the game? I am so bored with Sillycon Valley (thanks creep) and they killed everything else pretty much. It's booooorrriiinngg. So please, someone tell me Why I Should Play This Game.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 09:26 PM
No one can give you an answer to that question save yourself sir :cool:

N3gativeCr33p
08-21-2014, 09:28 PM
(thanks creep)

http://media.giphy.com/media/HjPbLbmep2aJO/giphy.gif

Copperpot
08-21-2014, 09:34 PM
No one can give you an answer to that question save yourself sir :cool:

Dude, I really want to know. What am I chasing? Is it a gun? Cool that would be okay but why? Why do I even want this gun anymore?

Actually someone tell me why they used to chase guns. Then explain why it the changes made it pointless. I'm assuming it's because rewards suck now? I want to know if I'm bored because of the way the game is now, or if I always would have gotten bored at 5300.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Welp I can't speak for you but in my case I was chasing guns that I could make damn good and give to my friends. I've got my dream load out more or less. My grind was for gifts to brighten someone's day. The nerfs to rewards wrecked that idea.

EDIT: Hell not even just my friends. I paid the major difference for someone so they could get a Wolfy. I donated loads of scrip to public events to be handed out as prizes. I'd pick up random noobs and buy em a car and give em some pocket change to get em started. Not anymore.

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 09:42 PM
I still play because it's still fun for me.
Nothing lasts forever though and without writers and other key production staff it's only a matter of time until it just gets too boring to continue.

Copperpot
08-21-2014, 09:45 PM
I still play because it's still fun for me.
Nothing lasts forever though and without writers and other key production staff it's only a matter of time until it just gets too boring to continue.

I'm not trying to be cynical bud, I just want to understand what I'm missing. I rely on you guys to give me the information about what's going on with this game. I'm a semi-casual player. I grind when I can. But, I just don't see what I'm chasing right now. Maybe I'm reaching that point that you OG's have reached already, I don't know.

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm not trying to be cynical bud, I just want to understand what I'm missing. I rely on you guys to give me the information about what's going on with this game. I'm a semi-casual player. I grind when I can. But, I just don't see what I'm chasing right now. Maybe I'm reaching that point that you OG's have reached already, I don't know.

Totally get it CP. It's not that deep though. I mean, I have pretty low standards, and for whatever reason I fall in the very small part of the bell curve that consists of people who still play after 3700+ hours. The last time I was really well and truly butthurt over this game was when they nerfed the firestorm and thundershock to absolute dust. That was when I learned the "it's their game and not mine" lesson. After that I just take it in stride and wait for the next game to come along.
I have played a few but they aren't as much fun as this one for me still so... I keep playing.
Pretty sure that's gonna change when the pre sequel comes out though.

Copperpot
08-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Totally get it CP. It's not that deep though. I mean, I have pretty low standards, and for whatever reason I fall in the very small part of the bell curve that consists of people who still play after 3700+ hours. The last time I was really well and truly butthurt over this game was when they nerfed the firestorm and thundershock to absolute dust. That was when I learned the "it's their game and not mine" lesson. After that I just take it in stride and wait for the next game to come along.
I have played a few but they aren't as much fun as this one for me still so... I keep playing.

BTW dude, I think you are awesome.

I just think I am finally beginning to personalize the opinions a lot of people have expressed and understanding them on that personal level.

Alastar
08-21-2014, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side :cool:

Chump Norris
08-21-2014, 10:02 PM
I hate to be the one to do it but..

Because Grenades!

But seriously I still dont hate the game (I probably should by now).

Alastar
08-21-2014, 10:08 PM
I see your because grenades and raise longer more fulfilling chase. :cool:

Copperpot
08-21-2014, 10:10 PM
I understand just liking a game and continuing to play. Some play for social reasons too. I'm looking for more than that though. You know? My friends are moving on to other games. Why should I continue to play Defiance?

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 10:13 PM
I hate to be the one to do it but..

Because Grenades!

But seriously I still dont hate the game (I probably should by now).

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy2_zps7d51e150.gif

Copperpot
08-21-2014, 10:14 PM
I have an analogy. Okay, I'm working at a job and I've been there a little over 6 months. I'm liking the people, the work is okay, and the payouts are fair. You see where I'm going? All of a sudden my paycheck is cut, my friends start to leave, and I begin to wonder wtf I am doing here. I was having a good time, but all of a sudden I feel like it is being changed negatively.

Why should I stay at this job? I can find another job, why stay here?

Alastar
08-21-2014, 10:15 PM
Dude I don't even. Wow.

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 10:16 PM
I have an analogy. Okay, I'm working at a job and I've been there a little over 6 months. I'm liking the people, the work is okay, and the payouts are fair. You see where I'm going? All of a sudden my paycheck is cut, my friends start to leave, and I begin to wonder wtf I am doing here. I was having a good time, but all of a sudden I feel like it is being changed negatively.

Why should I stay at this job? I can find another job, why stay here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2we_B6hDrY

Alastar
08-21-2014, 10:16 PM
I can't give you a reason to stay lol. No one can. Personally I'll log in for new content. Other than that calmer waters man.

GooberStomper
08-21-2014, 10:17 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy2_zps7d51e150.gif

LMAO thanks for that Bonehead i needed a laugh

Bonehead
08-21-2014, 10:18 PM
LMAO thanks for that Bonehead i needed a laugh

If you don't mind...

Why stomp goobers?

GooberStomper
08-21-2014, 10:58 PM
intimidating PVP name

(playername) was just killed by GooberStomper

i.e. you are a Goober that just got Stomped... haha

Beathrus
08-21-2014, 11:05 PM
Hm... I've just started playing, as some may know.. I'm around EGO 450... And I will continue to play, I have even picked up a copy of the show to watch, Entire season 1. I'm half way through it, so I will continue to play and have fun and etc. And eventually, I'll start making threads that demand more Islands and speed boats and Jet skis and generally be a pain to talk to. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Because everyone will know, as soon as they add in anything that lets me travel over the sea, I'm going to try to drive it on land!

Alastar
08-21-2014, 11:07 PM
You're a funny little bear yaknow that? :cool:

Bentu
08-22-2014, 03:49 AM
Why I Should Play This Game.

Obviously if you've done everything and you're not enjoying the grind you should leave.

No point in extending the pain you're already going through. May be best to pack your bags and leave the forum to, it's one thing to read the views of guys who are frustrated with the game and it's issues but the haters just make the place unpleasant.

Happyfeet
08-22-2014, 03:56 AM
I have pretty low standards

That's what she said.

alred
08-22-2014, 04:07 AM
I'd say looking for that one magically screenshot. Where all the elements come together like a Picasso painting. Or do what I do and just log in to blow off steam from real life. I tend to have "anger issues" and I find blasting raiders and hellbugs helps reduce the pressure vavle a little.

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2014, 04:42 AM
Right now my favorite thing to do is use a rock steady VBI AR that I have.

This thing has no recoil and I put a t5 falloff barrel and a tac scope on it.

I can kill anything I can see with pinpoint automatic fire.

That is fun for me at the moment.

However, I fully expect trion to ruin it now that I have said something publicly about it.

WanWhiteWolf
08-22-2014, 05:52 AM
If you have to ask this question, then you are better of to something else. You play the game to enjoy it. Not for a reward ; not for new content ; not for new/old features. Although all these contribute , the "ultimate purpose" of gamming is fun. If you are not having any / or you have to ask what that is, it means you are not in the right place.

Not trying to drive you away. This is just a good reference for most people when it's time to switch.

Copperpot
08-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Obviously if you've done everything and you're not enjoying the grind you should leave.

No point in extending the pain you're already going through. May be best to pack your bags and leave the forum to, it's one thing to read the views of guys who are frustrated with the game and it's issues but the haters just make the place unpleasant.

Bentu I am disappointed with your reply. I don't mind grinding if I know what I am grinding for. That is what I am asking.

drackiller
08-22-2014, 06:24 AM
However, I fully expect trion to ruin it now that I have said something publicly about it.

Shame on you...i hate you now.

Copperpot
08-22-2014, 06:37 AM
Right now my favorite thing to do is use a rock steady VBI AR that I have.

This thing has no recoil and I put a t5 falloff barrel and a tac scope on it.

I can kill anything I can see with pinpoint automatic fire.

That is fun for me at the moment.

Hmm okay I could grind for that. I already have the VBI AR. It's assassin syn so I was trying to get those type mods.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 06:54 AM
Hmm okay I could grind for that. I already have the VBI AR. It's assassin syn so I was trying to get those type mods.

Yeah, I recently found a (blue) Frontier Battle Rifle with assassin synergy... being blue makes it easy to maintain the EGO upkeep on it. ;)

BJWyler
08-22-2014, 07:12 AM
Bentu I am disappointed with your reply. I don't mind grinding if I know what I am grinding for. That is what I am asking.

You're grinding for the hope that eventually we will see the light at the end of the tunnel and see Defiance Nirvana. Right now, we are simply treading water.

The only reason to continue to log in and play is because the events are still fun to play. That's the only reason I am here, but the lag and DCs have pretty much killed that the last two weeks. Aside from that, soloing Arkfalls, Arkbreaks, Incursions, and SV Invasions gets old after a while. Heck, I can't even que for a PUG group in the Gunslinger Arenas to try to finish off those pursuits.

Truth be told:
They killed rewards as a means of playing the content
They killed the thrill of being able to take a much loved and fun gun and upgrading it as you progress in the game
They killed the excitement and challenge of playing the game solo and playing in a group thanks to Threat Level
They killed any reason to do the Warmaster by ensuring that winning is no longer the reason to play
They (along with SyFy) killed any hope of getting meaningful and interesting cross-over content (Hell, didn't both sides say that the cross-over content would be getting bigger and better in Season 2 - it's gotten decidedly worse to non-existant!)

Honestly, Bentu is probably right. A year ago, I was encouraging people left and right to try the game out. Now, I can't find one even average reason that someone should play Defiance. I guess I could say that it's free is a reason, but then I realize how poorly they are monetizing it and find that even free is somehow a rip off on this game.

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 07:13 AM

I was disappointed too. Copper, you're not HALF the hater I am, not even close! And this thread of yours is actually looking for information, not hating.

Leave that to me.

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 07:19 AM
So here's my legit answer, sort of:

The last thing that got me "excited" in Defiance was when I went back and got my hands on the El Diablo (mission SMG). I left my inventory full on my noob and claimed it as Tempest so it was already 5600 EGO when I got it. Then I was able to arkforge it up to OJ, add OJ mods and it's STILL my fave fire SMG - I have a Boomslang too but I just love having this "special" gun.

After the El Diablo was decked out, I would inspect all those greens and blues I picked up for weird rolls and synergies and either pass them to people or arkforge them up to OJ. Once we knew the grand nerf was coming I hurried up and got 3 blues up to purple at which point I was out of arkforge.

But now we can't do that anymore. And now I'm at 5900 EGO and my lower level toons are too easily killed (I like being OP). So I'm at the "now what" point too.

I'm taking a break from Defiance, not giving away my personals but have handed out my mediocre OJ's. I still have an odd assortment that I'll just sit on. I HOPE they fix this game but really, after this summer, my faith in the Team is pretty much gone.

18 days.

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2014, 07:36 AM
The gun I'm using is an OJ Grenadier(only using the first two slots for syn mods) with a blue recoil roll.

kgersen
08-22-2014, 08:17 AM
18 days.

Really. Was hoping to "ride off into the sunset" with some enjoyment, but I don't know if I can even stand it for 18 days more. My goal is/was just to get another 40 or so more ego points so that I could get the rest of my good gear over the soft cap of 5500.

I've got the arkforge to do it, but the grind is just too much. Everything left is miserable - pvp, gold time trials, sharpshooting savior, clearing umpteen hellbug minors just to get a Control Grid to spawn, soloing 300 99ers for 1/25 progress towards 5 ego points, etc, etc, not to mention the ongoing "stellar" game stability.

So, I guess, one answer is that there is no answer. I want to find a reason, but I can't. So it's down to maybe doing the daily expert and collecting "free" patron pass arkforge for no real purpose whatsoever. Not the way I wanted to leave, but it is what is (and whats its always been really).

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Really. Was hoping to "ride off into the sunset" with some enjoyment, but I don't know if I can even stand it for 18 days more. My goal is/was just to get another 40 or so more ego points so that I could get the rest of my good gear over the soft cap of 5500.

I've got the arkforge to do it, but the grind is just too much. Everything left is miserable - pvp, gold time trials, sharpshooting savior, clearing umpteen hellbug minors just to get a Control Grid to spawn, soloing 300 99ers for 1/25 progress towards 5 ego points, etc, etc, not to mention the ongoing "stellar" game stability.

So, I guess, one answer is that there is no answer. I want to find a reason, but I can't. So it's down to maybe doing the daily expert and collecting "free" patron pass arkforge for no real purpose whatsoever. Not the way I wanted to leave, but it is what is (and whats its always been really).

Well actually...the last thing I did in Defiance is spent the last 2 weeks getting myself to 5900. My last pursuit was the SV incursions. I still have 2 more of the newest pursuits left but I don't need them so, yeah.

So much for that sunset. I may do expert coops to get cores for my friend if I can stand an hour of play each day...we will see. Last night I just couldn't do it.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 08:41 AM
It's all okay, people... according to PSN, I see Copperpot playing Defiance right now. ;)

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 08:42 AM
It's all okay, people... according to PSN, I see Copperpot playing Defiance right now. ;)

He's just drifting like many of us...at least he still has pursuits to do I guess.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 08:43 AM
He's just drifting like many of us...at least he still has pursuits to do I guess.

I have pursuits to do as well... too bad that involves finding certain Grid emergencies and I get bored in Sillycon Valley rather easily.

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2014, 08:54 AM
I wanna talk about my gun some more. :)

SilverWF
08-22-2014, 08:56 AM
I wanna talk about my gun some more. :)

As you wish

The gun I'm using is an OJ Grenadier(only using the first two slots for syn mods) with a blue recoil roll.

Completely Shtacko

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 09:14 AM
As you wish

Completely Shtacko

Is it wrong that I read your posts back to myself in Schwarzenegger voice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjfvx-k1Ms

Copperpot
08-22-2014, 09:33 AM

Haha I was lagging around in Shadow War. Figured I'd try to get that daily and work on some PVP pursuit stuff. But I DC'd and Server Maintenance is right about now. I did get some kills though.

EDIT: Plus anything to avoid the yard work I should be doing.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-22-2014, 09:41 AM
to play or not to play

superstorm
08-22-2014, 10:06 AM
someone tell me Why I Should Play This Game.
Just do not do things faster than they come from updates, so you will always have something to do.
This is the first rule for me in a MMO.

Cyzada
08-22-2014, 10:40 AM
If you really have no idea why you're still playing I would recommend a break. Try a month or two then take a peak and see what happened.
I'm at +2 yrs playing Dust so I fully understand the "why the f*** am I still here?" hahaha

Stogie
08-22-2014, 11:56 AM
You play because the "voices" tell you to play.

The voices in my head may not always be right but they do know a good time.

Big Jack Shepard
08-22-2014, 12:19 PM
As you wish

Completely ShtackoI love my gun. :)

KILLSHOT707
08-22-2014, 12:25 PM
I think it is to boring to play now. The fun is gone and that's why we play a game. This one is more like a job with harder work and less pay.

Deunan
08-22-2014, 12:52 PM
You should play because the devs are going to be making changes to the game now that they (once again) realize that the current direction they've put game on in terms of development decisions is unsustainable. An additional developer has added his voice to the community discussion on several matters.

His name is Travis McGeathy and his forum name is Rashere. In this post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172550-Introduction-and-an-Update) Rashere has announced some changes for the better from the perspective of those players that have been unhappy with many of the recent development decisions that were implemented.

1. Arkforge cost for upgrading the EGO rating for gear is going to be reduced.

2. The rate of Epic and below rarity gear dropping with encryption on them is going to be reduced or removed all together.

3. They are temporarily removing the less desirable gear from lock box loot pools until they can figure out a balanced way in which to make them more desireable. This is will be a work in progress as what constitutes less desirable and what magnitude of that lesser desire should be used is a matter subject to reasonable debate. While there is universal agreement that some weapons are simply awful (Birdshot Pump and FRC Magnum for example), opinions vary on other weapons. You can join in that discussion in this post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172562-Undesireable-Lockbox-Weapons).

4. They will be adding lock boxes that drop only weapons and only shields. Anyone who has been through a long dry spell for a decent shield can appreciate how valuable this change can be.

Overtkill21
08-22-2014, 01:00 PM
http://dhcm2liqvp10x.cloudfront.net/bud-dry-why-ask-why-neon-beer-sign-16x16.jpg

Treasurekins
08-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Copperpot, I am EGO 5686 and most of the time the game is boring as well. Why do I continue to get on? For me, it's the people. I love my clan. We have a hoot playing together and we get along really well. There are many nights when I wish I owned some Depends (iOMG, was that my outside voice?). On any given night we can have between 15-20 people on at the same time. Sometimes it gets crazy in clan chat but that makes it even more interesting.

I do not believe in stealing people from their clans; therefore, this comment is not one to suggest you join mine. I very much respect the leaders of the clan that you are presently in and would never step on their toes. My suggestion to you is to aggressively recruit new blood. Train them well and have a ton of fun while doing it.

Our clan is getting anywhere between 10-15 new people a day. We have been growing like crazy since F2P and we are busy as heck. showing the newbs the ropes. Someone calls out for help in clan chat and most of the time (not always) he/she is surrounded by a sea of blue. I have met a lot of really nice people since F2P.

Food for thought my friend.

Beathrus
08-22-2014, 03:59 PM
New reason why you should play. Rashere!

Iceberg
08-22-2014, 04:22 PM
Because of the longer more fulfilling chase?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c8/Thechaseposter.jpg/220px-Thechaseposter.jpg

What is it we chase after though? Is it the guns? I have 2 guns I use now, one is a wolfhound single crit (cause RNG hates me) and the other is a vot techmag pulsar (accuracy X3 rolls). I could try to keep going for a double crit wolfhound, but then I have to deal with the RNG, and after a year or so its not going to drop one for me no matter how many sieges, incursions, war masters or all that junk I do.

Rewards getting nerfed, lock boxes being nerfed, weapons having encryption placed on them. So really guns is out of the question in that regards. What about scrip or salvage? Nope, got plenty of that and don't plan to spend it on that 1 million scrip box.

DLC ? Don't own any and never will purchase any. The free updates were enough for me, so I don't get to use swords or some fancy homing smg gun, not a big deal.

End game? Used to be war master but that got nerfed into oblivion. I have also completed most of my pursuits save for dueling and some of the clan/social ones. Working on Silicon valley ones at the moment, what a pain in the butt those are.

What am I chasing? My tail I guess, just biding time till I can find another game that interests me.

CharlieT
08-22-2014, 04:37 PM
the other is a vot techmag pulsar (accuracy X3 rolls).

Pulsars already have near pinpoint accuracy, ie; very small reticles. I think you would be better off with other rolls.

Copperpot
08-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Copperpot, I am EGO 5686 and most of the time the game is boring as well. Why do I continue to get on? For me, it's the people. I love my clan. We have a hoot playing together and we get along really well. There are many nights when I wish I owned some Depends (iOMG, was that my outside voice?). On any given night we can have between 15-20 people on at the same time. Sometimes it gets crazy in clan chat but that makes it even more interesting.

I do not believe in stealing people from their clans; therefore, this comment is not one to suggest you join mine. I very much respect the leaders of the clan that you are presently in and would never step on their toes. My suggestion to you is to aggressively recruit new blood. Train them well and have a ton of fun while doing it.

Our clan is getting anywhere between 10-15 new people a day. We have been growing like crazy since F2P and we are busy as heck. showing the newbs the ropes. Someone calls out for help in clan chat and most of the time (not always) he/she is surrounded by a sea of blue. I have met a lot of really nice people since F2P.

Food for thought my friend.

Thanks Treas. There are plenty of active members in Outsiderz. It's not that. I just wanted to know, I think, why different people are still playing and if that's changed since they hit max EGO (or close). I've been playing quite a bit today and even had some fun in shadow war. It's not so much that I'm burnt out, it's more a curiosity of how to motivate myself to continue to play. I rely on everyone here to explain the game to me. Simple as that.

EDIT: I also believe there are other people on here who wonder the same things I do. And thanks to everyone replying. I'm reading every post and it is definitely helping me understand why we keep playing.

Iceberg
08-22-2014, 06:10 PM
Pulsars already have near pinpoint accuracy, ie; very small reticles. I think you would be better off with other rolls.

It works great as a full auto sniper.

Bonehead
08-22-2014, 06:14 PM
EDIT: I also believe there are other people on here who wonder the same things I do. And thanks to everyone replying. I'm reading every post and it is definitely helping me understand why we keep playing.

Has anyone in your life ever told you you might over think things a bit? Just curious. I have been told that from time to time believe it or not.

Copperpot
08-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Has anyone in your life ever told you you might over think things a bit? Just curious. I have been told that from time to time believe it or not.

Haha, no doubt. Constantly trying to turn my brain off.

BoredGamer
08-22-2014, 09:12 PM
This can be a constructive thread. It can also be hilarious. I want to know why I should log on and play Defiance. I am 5300ish EGO. I have some pursuits to finish obviously. I probably won't torture myself with racing gold or all the PVP bull, but after that what am I chasing? What were you guys chasing before you hated the game? I am so bored with Sillycon Valley (thanks creep) and they killed everything else pretty much. It's booooorrriiinngg. So please, someone tell me Why I Should Play This Game.

You shouldn't. This game sucks and horridly so.

In fact I'm amazed you got to such a high level. Either you must very much hate yourself or not have much of a social life. I've played the game for less than a week and I already hate it which sucks because I like the show.

Alastar
08-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Well that was quick. Lookit that turnover rate XD

Copperpot
08-22-2014, 09:25 PM

In fact I'm amazed you got to such a high level. Either you must very much hate yourself or not have much of a social life. I've played the game for less than a week and I already hate it which sucks because I like the show.

Haha, I hate myself and I don't have a social life lol. Wait that sounds sad. Frowny Face...

Alastar
08-22-2014, 11:32 PM
Haha, I hate myself and I don't have a social life lol. Wait that sounds sad. Frowny Face...

This should do the trick :(

drackiller
08-22-2014, 11:43 PM

It`s really interesting that every time someone doesn`t like a game for various reasons, they call other people no lifers.

Don`t like the game? Cool, great for you, move along and don`t judge anyone.

Savage Hero
08-22-2014, 11:51 PM
I came back from a long hiatus around late April-early May, I was around 1500ish with very bad loadouts (This was after all the "patches" and "DLCs"). I was clanless and just ran around doing almost anything to level up my EGO except for races and PvP. Almost 3 months later of hustling, gun-chasing, event-running, and joining a good helpful clan I got to 5307 ego. I did the races earning a silver medal for the Area pursuits (Mount Tam pursuits and the like, not the races pursuits making you race for the near-impossible gold medal) and just about every other pursuit I could do within the realm of my skill and just dumb luck, now when I log on I just do a few incursions hoping to find some decent gun and earn a feeble amount of Arkforge, I only do the Chimera dailies if I'm in the mood and the Defiant Few just for kicks. Hell I used to do the Arkfalls hoping to entertain myself and find a weapon I have never used before, which I did every now and then, not to mention wreck the Volge seeing as in my earlier EGO levels they would rip me a new one. Saddest thing, aside from the crazy nerfs from Trion, hardly none of the higher EGO players from the clan I'm in plays except every now and then. The lower EGO clan-mates play a bit less too, I'm in the same rut you're in Copperpot only I just decide whether to play or not based on how I feel and if I want to bother with any more of Trion's idiocy and lackluster server connection.

Raxx
08-23-2014, 01:27 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/HjPbLbmep2aJO/giphy.gif

Pretty much what Creep said

Mia Faith
08-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Play to come help me so I can finish lol. No but really it is fun if you play with some friends. And it should be for you to. Just don't play a lot or It's kinda boring. I have other games I play . I played resident evil 6 online with a friend and that was so much fun i got resident evil 5 from a friend to start playing next.

And also you should play to help me. ;)

Alastar
08-23-2014, 04:08 PM
PSN can't help ya :p

Copperpot
08-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Pretty much what Creep said

Creep does have a way with words.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Because of the longer more fulfilling chase?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c8/Thechaseposter.jpg/220px-Thechaseposter.jpg

What is it we chase after though? Is it the guns? I have 2 guns I use now, one is a wolfhound single crit (cause RNG hates me) and the other is a vot techmag pulsar (accuracy X3 rolls). I could try to keep going for a double crit wolfhound, but then I have to deal with the RNG, and after a year or so its not going to drop one for me no matter how many sieges, incursions, war masters or all that junk I do.

Rewards getting nerfed, lock boxes being nerfed, weapons having encryption placed on them. So really guns is out of the question in that regards. What about scrip or salvage? Nope, got plenty of that and don't plan to spend it on that 1 million scrip box.

DLC ? Don't own any and never will purchase any. The free updates were enough for me, so I don't get to use swords or some fancy homing smg gun, not a big deal.

End game? Used to be war master but that got nerfed into oblivion. I have also completed most of my pursuits save for dueling and some of the clan/social ones. Working on Silicon valley ones at the moment, what a pain in the butt those are.

What am I chasing? My tail I guess, just biding time till I can find another game that interests me.

rng hates me too man really hates me

Copperpot
08-28-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm bored. Sticky Bump *****es.

Life Just Is
08-28-2014, 10:25 PM
For me typically in games like this it's level cap and good gear. Trying to get all the rare stuff then when I get both I either start a new character or compete on leaderboards or do pvp.

Bonehead
08-29-2014, 01:46 AM
Creep does have a way with words.

True dat.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/pUmtOcA4_zpsf16bfac1.jpeg