PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice that the patron pass time is all screwy?

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 07:31 AM
I noticed this today when answering another post. I came back to playing around July 23rd. With that, I was given all that stuff from being a paying player to the F2P player, one was a 30-day subscription to the patron pass. Cool, I guess. I also immediately used the VBI code, as it was set to expire for another 15 days. I then bought the season pass, but I'm not sure if that gave me extra time or not, so I wont add that here. Last week I added the BONUS Ark code in for an additional 15 days. So, not counting the season pass IF it gave extra time, I should have a total of 60 days worth of Patron pass. Well, it is now August 22nd. That's 31 days of play time. That SHOULD mean I have 29 days left, correct?

According to Trions account page, I have exactly 4 days left on my Patron pass. That's a pretty big difference in time there.

Anyone notice this? Could some of you check to see if it's happening to you?

Payment method: --
Patron Subscription Plan: --
Active Time Remaining: 4 Days

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 07:36 AM
they've been making changes to the bit store so that could be why it's goofy. You are right, you should have 29 more days. I'd recommend you go to live chat before it's too late.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Yes, I certainly did notice that. As I stated in another thread, my account shows:

Active Time Remaining: 75 Days
Renewal Date: --
Renewal Amount: --

Snib
08-22-2014, 08:19 AM
Could some of you check to see if it's happening to you?

Gladly if you give me a link to the exact account page that has the info? I'm probably having a blond moment but I'm not finding the info anywhere and I tried all the options of that account dropdown?

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 08:33 AM
http://defiance.trionworlds.com. Login, go to library, click the game, and on the bottom of the page.

I also noticed that my timer clicked down to 3 days now. So I lost a day in an hour.

It seems live support isn't being helpful.

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 08:36 AM
We're back to the silent treatment.

On PS3 how can I tell what my patron pass time remaining is? I don't have glyph installed and see zero reasons why I would bother with that at this point.

All I know is that my pass shows "active" as of last night, and I'm CERTAIN that I'm covered thru 9/9 and then some.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 08:38 AM
On PS3 how can I tell what my patron pass time remaining is? I don't have glyph installed and see zero reasons why I would bother with that at this point.

I've always done what Kyosji posted:

http://defiance.trionworlds.com. Login, go to library, click the game, and on the bottom of the page.

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 08:39 AM
Do what I said, the ps3 version might be listed under Library

Snib
08-22-2014, 08:40 AM

Cheers.

Active Time Remaining: 26 Days
Renewal Date: --
Renewal Amount: --

Without running the numbers that's roughly as expected. Maybe live support can tell you when your 30 day ownership patron pass started running? Because sounds like that's your issue.

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Do what I said, the ps3 version might be listed under Library

I did, it says I have no games and I need to install glyph. I'm not doing that - also am at work right now so they'd probably frown on my installing some 3rd party software, haha.

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Actually starting to sound like the codes for VBI and BONUS weren't adding to my total time.

Snib
08-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Actually starting to sound like the codes for VBI and BONUS weren't adding to my total time.

I missed the VBI code so can't say but BONUS did get added to my time.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 08:47 AM
I did, it says I have no games and I need to install glyph.

That definitely sounds odd... I'm on my work PC and never needed to install Glyph. I just login with my normal forum credentials, select Defiance, then scroll to the bottom of the page.

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 08:48 AM
This whole thing with support seems to be goign nowhere. First they tell me I didn't buy the season pass, then they tell me I joined on July 28th (The day I actually bought the season pass), then they said I didn't redeem any codes, now they are saying I redeemed BONUS, but not VBI. The VBI code is what got me to come back in the first place. Friend told me about it, so I installed and used it.

Their responses are going all over the place right now.

N3gativeCr33p
08-22-2014, 08:49 AM

Perhaps they feel that you haven't spent enough money? lol ;)

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 08:53 AM
This whole thing with support seems to be goign nowhere. First they tell me I didn't buy the season pass, then they tell me I joined on July 28th (The day I actually bought the season pass), then they said I didn't redeem any codes, now they are saying I redeemed BONUS, but not VBI. The VBI code is what got me to come back in the first place. Friend told me about it, so I installed and used it.

They've been backlogged in support (massively!) and are hiring new people.

This in NO WAY is meant to defend their ineptitude.

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm also thinking that this may have something to do with when Kiwi told me my account was a 'special case' and they had to manually recreate my support account.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172162-Submitted-a-ticket-17-days-ago-and-still-no-response&p=1600036#post1600036

Snib
08-22-2014, 08:55 AM
then they said I didn't redeem any codes, now they are saying I redeemed BONUS, but not VBI. The VBI code is what got me to come back in the first place. Friend told me about it, so I installed and used it.

You can check that here: https://glyph.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 08:57 AM
You can check that here: https://glyph.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow

Mine is wonky because my accounts page was all manually reentered by Trion. Like they have dates in there for times I didn't even have the game installed now. Nothing on there is 100% accurate.

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Mine is wonky because my accounts page was all manually reentered by Trion. Like they have dates in there for times I didn't even have the game installed now. Nothing on there is 100% accurate.

well that explains how the VBI code was conveniently left off of your account.

KIWI COME FIX THIS MESS!

Snib
08-22-2014, 09:00 AM

Well, that's the source of your problems then. The game cannot know better than what they entered there.

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 09:02 AM
The thing is, even if you don't add the 15 day pass from the VBI code, I would STILL have 14 more days of patron pass. That part seems to be completely slipping past them. Something is OBVIOUSLY wrong.

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 09:04 AM
Also, if anyone can remember, when you bought the season pass, or at least the first DLC, the reecustomization kit that came with it, were you able to change your species? 2 days ago they 'fixed' mine by just issuing an appearance changer. With that I couldn't change my race or sex, only the look and name. I could have sworn I was supposed to be able to change the race, because of the new one added with the first DLC. I may be wrong, but it's been bugging me. I still have issues with mine, because I used it mainly to change the heroic voice (very annoying), but after changing it to lunatic, I'm still getting the heroic voice. Driving me crazy.

dramaQkarri
08-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Also, if anyone can remember, when you bought the season pass, or at least the first DLC, the reecustomization kit that came with it, were you able to change your species? 2 days ago they 'fixed' mine by just issuing an appearance changer. With that I couldn't change my race or sex, only the look and name. I could have sworn I was supposed to be able to change the race, because of the new one added with the first DLC. I may be wrong, but it's been bugging me. I still have issues with mine, because I used it mainly to change the heroic voice (very annoying), but after changing it to lunatic, I'm still getting the heroic voice. Driving me crazy.

You're being hosed. Yes everything about your toon should be modified with the appearance redo. The name redo should NOT BE included in that.

You are definitely a special case and they're trying to push you away instead of getting you fixed up. If you've already spoken to Kiwi about this stuff I would pester her some more.

Kiwi, I know you're only one person but a customer is in serious need of MAJOR attention. If you want to keep him here, HELP HIM.

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 09:17 AM
You're being hosed. Yes everything about your toon should be modified with the appearance redo. The name redo should NOT BE included in that.

You are definitely a special case and they're trying to push you away instead of getting you fixed up. If you've already spoken to Kiwi about this stuff I would pester her some more.

Kiwi, I know you're only one person but a customer is in serious need of MAJOR attention. If you want to keep him here, HELP HIM.

Apparently they are escalating it. I told them what you said, and included this thread link in it. It just seems that since I've come back, nothign was working with my account. Even 2 days before the SV release to about a week ago I was getting nearly no drops. I found like 1-2 white weapons a day of full playing, and barely any ammo with all those bonus egos activated on my character. Seems that slowly fixed its way out to the point I know I wasn't crazy and it was a bug. Plus I had some empty T4 lock boxes, which they gave me a few bits for in compensation. Just seems my entire account is all wonky.

Snib
08-22-2014, 09:17 AM
I still have issues with mine, because I used it mainly to change the heroic voice (very annoying), but after changing it to lunatic, I'm still getting the heroic voice. Driving me crazy.

Sorry to tell you but you wasted yours then. The voice is configured in options, you can change it to whatever you like as often as you like.

PS: If only I could change the hysterical EGO voice though, hate that one with a vengeance... :P

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Sorry to tell you but you wasted yours then. The voice is configured in options, you can change it to whatever you like as often as you like.

Yeah, people have told me that, but I can't find that option anywhere on the PC version.

Snib
08-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Yeah, people have told me that, but I can't find that option anywhere on the PC version.

Log your character in, then it's under gameplay options in the chat category. Don't ask me why it's there or why gameplay options has a chat category anyway when there are separate chat options. I didn't program this mess. :P

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Log your character in, then it's under gameplay options in the chat category. Don't ask me why it's there or why gameplay options has a chat category anyway when there are separate chat options. I didn't program this mess. :P

I'll try it when I get home. My thing is, if the recustomization kit I got from purchasing the season pass was supposed to let me change my race and sex, that's what I want. When they reissued me it, they gave me a claimable called "Appearance Changer" which only let me change the look of my current character and his name, not his race or sex.

I was hoping to change my character to a male human, or maybe even a female, as I'd rather watch the backside of a female character run around other than a male.

MAMGRIZZLY
08-22-2014, 10:31 AM
Here is a link to that dlc's patch notes:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?124487-Patch-1.027-DLC-1-Castithan-Charge-Pack-8-20-13

The problem is that the "Customization Redo" that we were given then is no longer available. It has been split up into several parts (there is even a seperate 1 for a name change now). Make sure and look in store and you'll see what they're all called now and have them give you all of them. I can't check because they're updating.

Kyosji
08-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Ok, completely clears this up. They gave me the wrong customization kit. They just gave me an appearance changer. I hope to God they fix this, and not deny me something they were supposed to issue me in the first place. I just have this baaaad feeling they are going to screw me over on this.

Kyosji
08-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Well, nothing from support so far, nothing from Kiwi or Scrapes, and this is the 3rd time sitting 2+ hours waiting for live support. I'm getting tired of this.

Kyosji
08-23-2014, 06:32 PM
Got my customization fixed, now still waiting on an e-mail from Trion about my patron pass, which is now expired when I should have 25+ days left.

MAMGRIZZLY
08-24-2014, 11:24 PM
Glad to see that you got the Customization redo fixed. I remembered reading recently people having problems with their Patron Passes because when Trion checked it was on a 2nd acct. That made me think, since you said they had to manually recreate your suppoort acct. maybe this could be part of your problem. Could be some was applied somewhere else and also why you get different answers about which codes you redeemed. Just a thought:confused:

Kyosji
08-25-2014, 04:20 AM
Whatever it is, today is my last day of patron. If they let it expire after today, I am going to be pissed. If they can't give me a credit to go towards another 30 days. Their whole system is just a giant joke, and their support definitely makes you feel like you are just a piece of garbage, not worth their time.

If they cant get it solved today, I can't even get back onto live chat to get it sorted out since I have to be a current patron pass user to even use their online chat. THAT is just a giant joke that will destroy their company.

wartitan
08-25-2014, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the world of Trion....my Patron pass is screwed up too (just shows greyed out). The login screen for Glyph shows that I have 45 days left, but an inactive pass (somehow must be pointing at PC instead of my LINKED account for Xbox). I've had my Xbox linked since the beginning, but because I don't login very frequently anymore, looks like things are hosed....not even going to bother with support since we're only 14 days from fulfilling our Destiny...

Kyosji
08-25-2014, 07:49 AM
That's great for you, but I refuse to play Destiny on a console. I have to wait for a PC release on it.

Kyosji
08-28-2014, 08:01 AM
Nearly a week later, and no response from support. My game time is now expired. The company has officially stole 30 days worth of patron pass time from me.

Snib
08-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Why not contact live support? It will take them several weeks to get to your ticket.

dramaQkarri
08-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Why not contact live support? It will take them several weeks to get to your ticket.

Live support got nerfed. You can only reach live chat if you have either made a purchase in the last 30 days, or if you have an active patron pass. This new policy went into effect yesterday.

EDIT: here is the link to the official post

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172490-Live-Chat-Support-for-Active-Patrons-and-Recent-Purchases

Kyosji
08-28-2014, 08:36 AM
I've dealt with live support already, even doing it again now (used old bits a few days ago to buy more inv space, since I can't do anything else with it). Issue is, this goes beyond what live chat is able to do. They escalated my issue twice, but I have yet to hear anything via mail like I was told. The person I am talking to now is asking about ticket numbers, which the two times previous I was never given. I'm honestly betting they never escalated like they said they would, BOTH TIMES.

Kyosji
08-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Live support got nerfed. You can only reach live chat if you have either made a purchase in the last 30 days, or if you have an active patron pass. This new policy went into effect yesterday.

EDIT: here is the link to the official post

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172490-Live-Chat-Support-for-Active-Patrons-and-Recent-Purchases

Yeah, that is a bit of a dirty move on their end. You get no real support unless you give them money? They may as well be Microsoft.

Tsort
08-28-2014, 08:41 AM
This thread is a pretty good example of a very long and probably very fulfilling chase.

Kyosji
08-28-2014, 08:50 AM
You haven't heard the best part! Chatting with live chat now, and was told flat out they can't do anythign for me, and i'll just have to wait. I was told that I will just have to deal with having no patron pass till they fix it. I've never heard of a game doing that with their customers.

If you buy a month worth of time from a game like WoW, and the time didn't work, would they tell you "Tough titties, you'll just have to wait an unknown amount of time till it possibly gets fixed."?

Kyosji
08-28-2014, 08:51 AM
At this time, you cannot trust buying anything from Trions bit store. They have made it quite clear that there is no guarantee you will get what you paid for.