PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Community Q&A Collection Thread

Etaew
08-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi folks, can you submit recent and relevant questions this week for the Community Q&A that Kiwibird features.

I promise I'm working on getting the older list looked at, but in the weekly features we tend to get only a few answered. So let's make them count.

Alastar
08-23-2014, 05:33 PM
I got one! Me me me!! Is there anything new on the horizon for us? And I do mean new. Not reskins and all that. Something completely new to defiance for us to do. Clearly if my question makes the cut it will need some rewording so you or Kiwi chop it up however you wish long as it retains its core :D

maverick07
08-23-2014, 05:33 PM
What happened to the large Grid enemy with the six legs? I expected to see it when we got Silicon Valley, but it's still not in game, did it get cut?

Here's a pic
Second enemy from left in the back

http://i.imgur.com/98OBFuw.jpg

edispilfnairb
08-23-2014, 05:37 PM
What is going on with the server instability across all platforms? On PS3 NA, it is worse after the stability patch 2.06.
Lots of hard locks, lag, and disconnects.

Iceberg
08-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Can they make the Grid control minor arkfall stay on the map even if a major or miner conversion spawns? Tired of trying to get that pursuit done and the thing just disappears on me.

Holy Bahamut3
08-23-2014, 05:42 PM
1. Will you ever move the outfits attached to lock boxes to the store for stand alone purchase?

2. Are there still plans give us more versatility in the Salvage matrix (naming weapons, etc..)?

3. Have you considered my suggestion in revamping the Suggestions part of the forums?

hardy83
08-23-2014, 06:20 PM
HD Textures for PC?

I'll answer it for you. Never say never, but never. lol

teppic
08-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Any plans of patron pass improvements? For example, why not a lockbox in the weekly rewards? Rift's just had a big boost for patrons, and even before that it put Defiance's benefits to shame.

JadedSinn
08-23-2014, 08:50 PM
whats in store for end of season ?

where will defiance be after the last epasode airs. ?

whats the next big thing for defiance ? can we have a hint ? maybe an idea ?

when will we get some new guns ? we know that the defiant few where sapost to be new but there a little " lack lustered " after there nerf , is there any chance we will get a pistol or a sniper or a shield for the defiant few vender ?

will the tar family vender ever get weapons . iv ammased so much rep with them i have nothing to spend it on!

will we ever see a flying type vehical? if not will we atleast get a boat ? or a dinggy ? i know id like a boat and a fishing rod to go sit in the water with :D hehe

after this season is over. what will be the next big step for the defiance family where will we be going next and what will thay be doing ?

Alastar
08-23-2014, 09:15 PM
If I may flying vehicles have already been addressed (forgive me for not providing a link) long ago as not probable due to a massive overhaul it would require due to draw distance and possibly a number of other factors. Not a programmer either so don't bite my head PFF if that's actually an easy fix. Just saying that's something that was listed.

DEATHBRINGER210
08-23-2014, 09:19 PM
what happen to chat? when are they gonna unerf the loot and forge, i dont think the game like the nerf and is rebelling against the nerf patch . ego codes not working for me,

Redbu11
08-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Will we get cars like cerberus(I mean with guns) for the overworld anytime soon(if ever)?

TremerChrist
08-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Why are the devs trying to kill this game? Doesn't make since to nerf themselves out of a job.

Seizan
08-23-2014, 10:01 PM
What happened to the large Grid enemy with the six legs? I expected to see it when we got Silicon Valley, but it's still not in game, did it get cut?

Here's a pic
Second enemy from left in the back

http://i.imgur.com/98OBFuw.jpg

I'm curious about this as well. That multi-legged creature seems to be the apex Grid enemy. Would be nice to see it at some point.

JadedSinn
08-23-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm curious about this as well. That multi-legged creature seems to be the apex Grid enemy. Would be nice to see it at some point.

i asked befor and got no reply as to when thay would be seen. im going to make an egacated guess and say that we will fight it in a story mission at some poiont in time befor the release of season 3 of the TV show.

edit ::

another question from me.

will we ever get grid type wepons ? we have volge type weapons we have cold fire. we have 7th leadgon. and we have gunslinger and defiant few. will we ever see a grid weapon ?

nathanpbutler
08-23-2014, 10:08 PM
i asked befor and got no reply as to when thay would be seen. im going to make an egacated guess and say that we will fight it in a story mission at some poiont in time befor the release of season 3 of the TV show.

edit ::

another question from me.

will we ever get grid type wepons ? we have volge type weapons we have cold fire. we have 7th leadgon. and we have gunslinger and defiant few. will we ever see a grid weapon ?

Good lord, I hope this isn't from a native English speaker. Please tell me that's autocorrect punking here...

Annouke
08-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Few questions of mine would have to be....

With recent post about making the Thorn Rep items only able to be bought if, you have the dlc. How will that effect those who already have the said weapons say Charge Blade?

When if at all will there be new rides such as Cerberus (with or without turret) or other rides that can hold 3-4 players?

Could we ever get side skills to do like say fishing or like a bar w/ mini games in-game? (to earn titles or just post scores for fun)

When will we get more Episode Missions / Story Missions that reflect what has been happening on the show?

Is weapon crafting going to be anytime soon and will there be options to say pick a model/skin to base the weapon off of or will it be a set model for each said model. (example VOT distruper [Light machine gun] has 2 skins)

Any ETA when we can adopt hellbug skitterlings has pets or even a Pow =)

Any chance on a new Major Arkfall/ArkBreak that involves a Grid Boss that equals WarMaster?

Will there ever be a option even if, bit store to buy special Weapon skins (like Rift)?

ColapsN7
08-23-2014, 10:34 PM
http://i67.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0824/75/4b7b30734007a376ddc9e3faf60e6e75.jpg

ratpie
08-24-2014, 12:17 AM
Any plans for an auction house or a trading town were we could have chat bubbles ONLY in that town?

I would also like to see armor dye's in the cash shop, that would not effect game play, but just some customization.

N3gativeCr33p
08-24-2014, 02:46 PM
Can they make the Grid control minor arkfall stay on the map even if a major or miner conversion spawns? Tired of trying to get that pursuit done and the thing just disappears on me.

This. This. A million times this. HIGHLY annoying!

Good lord, I hope this isn't from a native English speaker. Please tell me that's autocorrect punking here...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq25dru0rJ1qj4vj5o1_400.gif

LegendaryU2K
08-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Wait a second, is the OP a CM?

Anyways, i have one question. Any plans for snow and rain?

Atticus Batman
08-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Wait a second, is the OP a CM?
{snip}

No, but he has made question threads from the beginning, so the Devs have started taking him serious, and answer some of the questions.

Iceberg
08-24-2014, 04:19 PM
No, but he has made question threads from the beginning, so the Devs have started taking him serious, and answer some of the questions.

Remember that time they didn't provide any real answers and just side step everything?

Atticus Batman
08-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Remember that time they didn't provide any real answers and just side step everything?

You mean, right after EVERY big patch?!

Yes I do. We all asked the following.
http://rhodescomm.com/images/Blogs/Say-What.jpg
http://rhodescomm.com/images/Blogs/Say-What.jpg

Atticus Batman
08-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Will they ever adjust the in-game help menu, so it makes more sense and gives people more helpful information (like how to gain more ego levels after hitting the Xp cap)?

N3gativeCr33p
08-24-2014, 04:52 PM

So basically... every live stream during dahanese's reign as Community Manager? lol

ratpie
08-24-2014, 04:52 PM
I would like to add if they could add a quick change load out button instead of holding Q or going into the menu.
i don't mind waiting after the change like it is already, just want to be able to do it on the fly.

Also could they add the faction reputation points in the stats tab?

Is there a way to turn off the bird noises in Silicon Vally or just tone it down a notch?

LegendaryU2K
08-24-2014, 07:02 PM
ah that's nice to know. But yea some rain and snow would be nice. I say let it rain in the valley, and make it rain everywhere else.

Iceberg
08-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Will they ever adjust the in-game help menu, so it makes more sense and gives people more helpful information (like how to gain more ego levels after hitting the Xp cap)?

To add to this, will the tutorial get an overhaul to add more information and helpful tidbits about the new game mechanics so new players are not going in blind?

Iceberg
08-24-2014, 07:22 PM
So basically... every live stream during dahanese's reign as Community Manager? lol

I am still searching for that elusive legendary loot that drops in the world, that he shall not be named, talked about.

AirRhino
08-24-2014, 07:27 PM
Heres a question: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172582-Trion-Devs-Moderators-forum-staff-employees-Players

TL;DR well then to bad.

There is no TL;DR to this MASSIVE GAME BREAKING ISSUE.

You have covered up for them for far to long. I have no love loss if they are close friends in test realm, or IRL friends. The fact you haven't corrected them yet makes me despise it even more.

nathanpbutler
08-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Heres a question: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172582-Trion-Devs-Moderators-forum-staff-employees-Players
f

TL;DR well then to bad.

There is no TL;DR to this MASSIVE GAME BREAKING ISSUE.

You have covered up for them for far to long. I have no love loss if they are close friends in test realm, or IRL friends. The fact you haven't corrected them yet makes me despise it even more.

I KNOW THAT IF I TYPE IN ALL CAPS OR IN PRETTY COLORS OR HUGE TEXT, PEOPLE WILL PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

Yeah, or the exact opposite.