PDA

View Full Version : General weapon recommendations

teppic
08-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Is there a good guide to recommended weapons for the different categories? I've looked around and not found anything.

For example, I've been using the Semi-Automatic Repeater sniper rifle mostly, and I don't really have any clue if it's a decent weapon or not (I have levelled it to my EGO).

Jet1337
08-23-2014, 07:40 PM
These are the weapons you want to try and get:

Pistols

-Wolfhound ( with crit rolls )
-Wildcat ( with crit rolls )

Shotguns

-Zagger ( with reload rolls and a purple EGO roll )
-VOT Nano Fragger
-Crimefighter

Assault Rifles

-VBI AR
-VBI TACC AR
-Sumimoto
-EMC Service Rifle

Sub-Machine Guns

-Vot Pulser
-Needler
-EMC Commando SMG

I'm not gonna list all the weapons in the game, but if you have these in your loadouts, then you'll be ok. Just don't use volge weapons. They suck and their visual effects lag the game. Also, don't use BMG's or Infectors. They really have no purpose either other than annoying people in PvP.

JadedSinn
08-23-2014, 07:58 PM
These are the weapons you want to try and get:

Pistols

-Wolfhound ( with crit rolls )
-Wildcat ( with crit rolls )

u missed a pistol worth haveing if it can be found.

u want a northstar flare with mag and damage rolls. and throw some damage and mag mods on it and u have a small hand cannon that will one hit KO a fully shielded dark matter solder every time. also nice that its one of the few guns in the game that can get 2 nano effects.

useto have one that had poop shoes hit a group with it thay where on fire and slowed. :) worked good for sieges , inversions. and anywhere theres an army of enamys clustered.

Jet1337
08-23-2014, 08:18 PM
u missed a pistol worth haveing if it can be found.

u want a northstar flare with mag and damage rolls. and throw some damage and mag mods on it and u have a small hand cannon that will one hit KO a fully shielded dark matter solder every time. also nice that its one of the few guns in the game that can get 2 nano effects.

useto have one that had poop shoes hit a group with it thay where on fire and slowed. :) worked good for sieges , inversions. and anywhere theres an army of enamys clustered.

That's actually one of the worst pistols in the game.

BC001
08-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Everyone has their own favorites that work well for them, name any weapon and someone somewhere likes it while another hates it.

JadedSinn
08-23-2014, 09:00 PM
That's actually one of the worst pistols in the game.

for people that dont know how to use it :) after i got my hands on one and moded it out i dont go anywhere without one. it works great for clearing croweds when each shot can do up to and more then 10K damage add to it a mag roll or 2 and a mag mod and suddenly you have a 9-15 shot hand cannon that does 10k+ per shot. sure the fire rates slow but it gets the job done.

so dont knock it till u try it. you might saprise your self :D

JadedSinn
08-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Everyone has their own favorites that work well for them, name any weapon and someone somewhere likes it while another hates it.

vary true

10 char

Jet1337
08-24-2014, 02:46 AM
for people that dont know how to use it :) after i got my hands on one and moded it out i dont go anywhere without one. it works great for clearing croweds when each shot can do up to and more then 10K damage add to it a mag roll or 2 and a mag mod and suddenly you have a 9-15 shot hand cannon that does 10k+ per shot. sure the fire rates slow but it gets the job done.

so dont knock it till u try it. you might saprise your self :D

I did try it out and I thought it was a bad gun. You're talking to someone who's been around the game. I would never recommend this gun for success to anyone.

Murzin
08-24-2014, 03:01 AM
I did try it out and I thought it was a bad gun. You're talking to someone who's been around the game. I would never recommend this gun for success to anyone.

then you failed.

my flare gun crits for over 40k, and i have done monoliths where i am hitting the drive for over 100k per hit, and with this gun each hit on the drive is a double hit.

200k + per shot with my bio flare gun. its why i want a no nano with double crit rolls and assassin syn. i would pwn so much more than i do now.

plus it has an inherent fire nano so you get nano score bonuses.

Kanah
08-24-2014, 03:02 AM

What's good is often situational. For someone just trying to level up pistol skill, then a flare gun is great at afflicted events. A volge thunderer is better but harder to find.

Jet1337
08-24-2014, 04:08 AM
then you failed.

my flare gun crits for over 40k, and i have done monoliths where i am hitting the drive for over 100k per hit, and with this gun each hit on the drive is a double hit.

200k + per shot with my bio flare gun. its why i want a no nano with double crit rolls and assassin syn. i would pwn so much more than i do now.

plus it has an inherent fire nano so you get nano score bonuses.

Cool! So this new guy can just get a northstar flare and be set for life with only this gun right? Is that what you're saying?

BarrySciFi
08-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Lol I have a radiation Northstar flare with blue and green crit rolls, orange damage, experience roll damage. Good flare gun, yes? About as good as a northstar flare can be. I rarely use it... It sucks in the only category that matters in an online shooter- damage per second. If you're looking for a VBI assault rifle or one of its variants, you need the blue roll to be .20 recoil so that the weapon will handle like a surgeon's scalpel. If you want a good pistol, a wolfhound with 7.4 crit can generate above 250k damage per second.

Maixx
08-24-2014, 08:36 AM
A. Don't hold on to a piece of gear too long, with Ego scaling & rapid advancement you might find that nice orange out classed by a simple white.
B. Don't waste $$$ on lock boxes- see A.
C. Don't waste scrip trading into gear - see A.
D. Don't bother upgrading gear - see A.

E. Use many different weapons to work skill levels & pursuits
(Note will also cause advancement in Ego rating - back to A.)

Xaat Xuun
08-24-2014, 08:54 AM
are ya asking for weapon combos ?
Sniper/SMG
Detonator/Rocket Launcher
BMG/Pistol

or are you just asking for the ideal choice from each weapon type ?
Pistol - KLOC,Wolfhound
SMG - VOT Pluser, El Diablo
Sniper manual - Survivalist's

these are just samples only not suggestions