PDA

View Full Version : PvP and You! A Guide to Surviving

Gradius
04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Hey Everyone!

I've noticed an increase in threads referencing how "X" weapon and "Y" perk are better than others or overpowered, posted here on the boards. I thought I'd take some time and offer some insight into how survivability and speccing into certain EGO perks may help you live a bit longer. After all, you can't kill someone when you're dead!

----

Defensive Perks:

Thick Skinned = Take 1/2 Damage after your shields are taken down.

Cellular Armor = Take 6% Less Damage

Fortitude = Increase Max Health by 250

Rear Guard = Take 10% Less Damage from Behind

Regeneration = Constant Bonus Health Regeneration

Crash Test Dummy = You take less damage from Vehicles

** Below Added by Aeekto (Thanks!) **

Detachment = Take less damage after a kill 4, 8, 12% for 3 seconds

Aggressive Defense = on a melee kill recharge 5, 10, 15% of your shield

Failsafe = you take 5, 10, 15% less damage while your shield is recharging

Feedback = after your shield fully recharges you reflect 5, 10, 15% of incoming damage for 3 seconds

Fortified Stance = you take 5, 10, 15% less damage while standing still

Blast Shield = reduce the range explosives will hit you by 15, 30, 45%

Hunker Down = you take 3, 6, 9% less damage while crouched

Execution = killing an enemy with a critical hit recharges 5, 10, 15% of your shield

Juggernaut = you take 5, 10, 15% less damage after a melee kill for 5 seconds

In The Trenches = you take 5, 10, 15% less damage when lower than the enemy

Speed Buffs:

Displacement Field = you move 15, 30, 45% faster for 3 seconds when you shield fully recharges

Escape Artist = when you shield breaks you move 15, 30, 45% faster for 5 seconds

When using a Siphon (Life Steal) Weapon:

Insult To Injury = 2, 4, 6% higher chance to trigger nano effects on critical hit

Predator = 5, 10, 15% higher chance to trigger nano effects against targets that are not in combat

Longshot = 3, 6, 9% nano effect chance if you are at least 40 meters away from your target

----

Now I'm sure there are more than just these perks, and I'm sure that someone will update/correct/suggest others as well, and that's good! The more strategy and input you can receive from this thread the better. The perks above are spread out over the EGO map so you won't be able to get them immediately, but the faster you get them, the better. So if you're a good PvPer, feel free to help others out here as well!

The crazy thing about EGO points/talents is you're limited by the amount of active perks you can have active at once. This limit goes up as you gain power rating. However you will only be able to have 1 "major" EGO talent active at a time. What does mean? It means that you won't be able to counter everything you come up against. But you'll have a chance at living longer if you take the perks above over some of the other available options.

There is a counter for everything in Defiance! You may not believe it, and you may want to argue with me, but I promise it's true! Tired of those pesky cloakers? Use Decoy with the ego perk "Sensor Sweep" to scan for nearby cloaked enemies. Tired of those pesky Rocket Launcher users? Snipe them down from range where their weapons are horribly innacurate.

----

You may not agree with everything I've said and that's ok! But at the very least I hope it helps you to think about your choices when it comes to speccing for PvP as there are things that you may not have normally thought of when prepping to kill your fellow Ark Hunters.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Gradius

Phatman
04-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Good post, helpful information for some of the qqers out there.

Coraline
04-03-2013, 05:49 PM
So glad someone gets it rather than getting beat by X and claiming it to be unfair.

Tsuka
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Just grab both with all cloak/damage perks-back at step one <_<

Proudwolf
04-03-2013, 08:23 PM
People need to give the game time, a "meta" hasnt even been set in place yet. Nice OP, hope to see more like it.

Aeekto
04-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Gradius, you should add following things for survival too:

Detachment = Take less damage after a kill 4, 8, 12% for 3 seconds
Aggressive Defense = on a melee kill recharge 5, 10, 15% of your shield
Failsafe = you take 5, 10, 15% less damage while your shield is recharging
Feedback = after your shield fully recharges you reflect 5, 10, 15% of incoming damage for 3 seconds
Fortified Stance = you take 5, 10, 15% less damage while standing still
Blast Shield = reduce the range explosives will hit you by 15, 30, 45%
Hunker Down = you take 3, 6, 9% less damage while crouched
Execution = killing an enemy with a critical hit recharges 5, 10, 15% of your shield
Juggernaut = you take 5, 10, 15% less damage after a melee kill for 5 seconds
In The Trenches = you take 5, 10, 15% less damage when lower than the enemy

every speedbuff counts as survivability too in my opinion:

Displacement Field = you move 15, 30, 45% faster for 3 seconds when you shield fully recharges
Escape Artist = when you shield breaks you move 15, 30, 45% faster for 5 seconds

And dont forget to mention the nano effect "Syphon" combined with following perks:

Insult To Injury = 2, 4, 6% higher chance to trigger nano effects on critical hit
Predator = 5, 10, 15% higher chance to trigger nano effects against targets that are not in combat
Longshot = 3, 6, 9% nano effect chance if you are at least 40 meters away from your target

The EGO-Grid actually yells at us to pick some defense since the entire grid is full of it...... and even if there is nothing you like at all, there is still a healing and a shield BMG ingame.

Gradius
04-03-2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks Aeekto! I've added your suggestions to the list :)

g0dm0d
04-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Awesome thread! Thanks for putting it together Gradius!

Demonsweat
04-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Great post and props for starting this.

Wish we could get it stickied...

CaLaMaSaBy 360
04-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Great post OP!

Raomin
04-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to say thank you, much of this was very helpful. :)