PDA

View Full Version : not another CRIXDA "boo hoo hoo" Thread. please read.

CRIXDA
08-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Hello Arkhunters.
Thanks for your time, and I also thank you for your ever-shrinking attention span with the game that we all enjoy here.
I don't want to complain overmuch, just make a few personal statements and observations and hopefully you folks will add in or contribute however you wish.
I still love to play and I am getting over my malaise. (No, that isn't the spread that you put on your sandwich - look it up if you aren't familiar, okay?) I am not really angry anymore, or just so numb to the entire thing. A friend of mine has recently returned to Defiance (he lost his copy and I purchased him another and mailed it to him. My 7th donation) and we have been playing and enjoying the time together. He asked me : "where in the hell is everyone? When I left to take a break, there were people all over the place. Now there is nothing! You can barely find anyone to do expert Co-Ops!" I explained the ordeal to him and how "Der Kompany" is trying to make refugees of us all and basically run us all out of the servers by making the entire experience unbearable. Well, I am starting to play more and enjoy myself because he is having fun - Misery loves company.
I also wanted to thank Alpha from The Browncoats on XBL NA for some good commerce and company this weekend, we have a good relationship with The Browncoats and cultivating good relationships with good people also helps bring a little fun back into a dreary experience.

In closing,
I don't have the enthusiasm that I had before. This is my favorite game and there isn't anything like it - it is sad that it has been abused this way but it is what it is. The Dawn Patrol will be here until the servers are turned off - helping out and having fun along the way.
Thanks.

Redbu11
08-24-2014, 03:07 PM
RIP Defiance

fighterpilot04
08-24-2014, 03:18 PM
you make a very good point Crix... friends kept this game alive for a long time. i know personally that i played this game many many nights for the simple fact that my friends were on it. it was sad to see them disappear one after another (myself included).

thankfully, ive reconnected with many of them on another title in the last week, and its been great to log into the psn every night.

Bonehead
08-24-2014, 04:02 PM
I don't have the enthusiasm that I had before. This is my favorite game and there isn't anything like it - it is sad that it has been abused this way but it is what it is. The Dawn Patrol will be here until the servers are turned off - helping out and having fun along the way.
Thanks.

Welcome home Crix.
There is a lot of freedom in resignation.

Raxx
08-24-2014, 04:38 PM
I feel your pain, in fact I got perma banned for a topic just like this one I had to make a new account because well I like the community. My clan on ps3 feels the same way we still ride around the bay and will do so until the server shuts down. I know we have already decided to move the clan to Destiny.

BJWyler
08-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Welcome home Crix.
There is a lot of freedom in resignation.

Indeed. I have given up hope of completing the Grid III pursuit since I can't get enough people to join in on Arkbreaks and emergencies to kick them up to TL 10 for some Ark Grid beat downs. I still see more people when I log into the original Guild Wars, and that was killed off, practically speaking, by ArenaNet two years ago.

Smiit
08-24-2014, 05:29 PM
I keep playing for the same reasons. My friends and my clan are the only reason I play this game still. If not for them I would have stopped playing a long time ago lol.

Haifisch
08-25-2014, 11:02 PM
Hell, I think my entire clan quit the game at around the same time.

We all just got bored of the "DLCs" and extreme lag / bugs. It's a shame too, because I had millions of scrip on the PCNA server. and scrip on that one is worth like 10x it is on Xbox

CRIXDA
08-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Brutal.
I hate that, homie. The sad thing about it is, "Der Kompany" isn't doing JACK SH!T (In my opinion) to try and get anyone to stay. Everything seems aimed at running us out of here and it is like the known universe is aware of it, no attempt to hide it. We have to pay money to get customer support, pay to get arkforge or upgrades and soon I just bet we will have to pay for air to breathe.
Why is this even like this? It is a sick joke.
Every clan is being gutted and every player disenfranchised.
Screw F2P, by the time it comes to xbl there won't be a soul around to show any noobs the ropes because it will truly be a virtual wilderness and the cute little catchphrase that we throw around all of the time will be true as someone throws the "OFF" switch on the Deflatulance servers - "WORKING AS INTENDED."

Kyosji
08-26-2014, 06:57 AM
Brutal.
I hate that, homie. The sad thing about it is, "Der Kompany" isn't doing JACK SH!T (In my opinion) to try and get anyone to stay. Everything seems aimed at running us out of here and it is like the known universe is aware of it, no attempt to hide it. We have to pay money to get customer support, pay to get arkforge or upgrades and soon I just bet we will have to pay for air to breathe.

Screw F2P, by the time it comes to xbl there won't be a soul around to show any noobs the ropes because it will truly be a virtual wilderness and the cute little catchphrase that we throw around all of the time will be true as someone throws the "OFF" switch on the Deflatulance servers - "WORKING AS INTENDED."

But... but... but.. grenades.

MsDudette
08-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Hey CRIXDA. How ya doin? I am just totally taken with this game. It is amazing, truly amazing. Most likely because I haven't maxed everything out yet. Sometimes does seem tedious when you are the only one in the incursion til the final stage. But I am not discouraged. See you in the bay area. HAVE FUN

moof
08-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Hello Arkhunters.
Thanks for your time, and I also thank you for your ever-shrinking attention span with the game that we all enjoy here.
I don't want to complain overmuch, just make a few personal statements and observations and hopefully you folks will add in or contribute however you wish.
I still love to play and I am getting over my malaise. (No, that isn't the spread that you put on your sandwich - look it up if you aren't familiar, okay?) I am not really angry anymore, or just so numb to the entire thing. A friend of mine has recently returned to Defiance (he lost his copy and I purchased him another and mailed it to him. My 7th donation) and we have been playing and enjoying the time together. He asked me : "where in the hell is everyone? When I left to take a break, there were people all over the place. Now there is nothing! You can barely find anyone to do expert Co-Ops!" I explained the ordeal to him and how "Der Kompany" is trying to make refugees of us all and basically run us all out of the servers by making the entire experience unbearable. Well, I am starting to play more and enjoy myself because he is having fun - Misery loves company.
I also wanted to thank Alpha from The Browncoats on XBL NA for some good commerce and company this weekend, we have a good relationship with The Browncoats and cultivating good relationships with good people also helps bring a little fun back into a dreary experience.

In closing,
Thanks.

to the end my freind...let us be defiant to the bugs and crashes, (a cheesy pun i know)

also,my char is 5491 ego or so atm,if you need help for those ark lvl grid,and i happen to be on (my ign is GunDownGrace) i should be able to help you,as i can usually bump the threat lvl up by +5

sly wolf
08-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Now in the past I have been known as a bit of a critic where this game is concerned and I have heard many people say 9/9/2014 will be the day defiance dies..... I think not, consider this everyone, Wants THAT game and the hype is super high and all those who have not pre ordered it will finds themselves in for along wait now if trion plays their cards right and gets the game working well they could clean up on people wanting to play a game similar to Destiny and then if trion plays their cards right again people will keep playing defiance long after the hype has faded away cos lets face it defiance got past gta v online and a lot of people me included did't think they could do it so who knows this could be the making of defiance I hope so but just on the off chance I have destiny on pre order :)

Donk
08-26-2014, 11:45 AM
All things considered I got my monies worth out of this game and I do plan to be here in some form when the lights go out, Dawn Patrol departs to another pasture OR both. Not willing to get reinvested in another group defiance and do not have a game of interest to move too yet.

Savage Hero
08-26-2014, 11:53 AM
Hell, I think my entire clan quit the game at around the same time.

We all just got bored of the "DLCs" and extreme lag / bugs. It's a shame too, because I had millions of scrip on the PCNA server. and scrip on that one is worth like 10x it is on Xbox

I think my clan quit too, i see the members I'm friends with playing others games so that's a clear sign they've either given up or are waiting for any kind of positive change (which probably won't come unless Trion wipes the crud from their eyes and see what they've done to this game, again probably won't happen). I find myself playing less or not at all like everyone else, I came back from a break back in late April-early May and strove to get better and in three months I have. Didn't sink money into the bit store just bought the DLCs except for the Castithan Charge, kind of sad to see a bad company destroy a game with potential like this so frivolously. I'm going to keep watch and see what happens to Defiance's (bleak) future because on the horizon I see Destiny.

dramaQkarri
08-26-2014, 11:57 AM
...all those who have not pre ordered it will finds themselves in for a long wait...

??

it's available as a digital version from the online store so really no wait? Unless you mean super-long download times on launch day and even a few days after.

As far as IT killing Defiance, maybe but maybe not. Trion is killing Defiance, IMHO, and no one else. And yes Trion COULD fix it and have this great game in a niche no one else has a game for yet - especially on consoles.

I know a lot of people are saying Destiny is small, only 20 levels blah blah blah but there is a WHOLE lot more behind those initial 20 levels that we will have to do to have advantages over players that are behind us in progress. I really think it can and will last us for years.

MahChew
08-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Meh, Defiance wont die.

they just have to revert it back to how it was a few month ago, that would suit me.

Defiance is a Gold mine if run properly. It has So much potential. Srs.

Shadow Andreas
08-26-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm still around CRIXDA.....just been a busy couple weeks with IRL stuff. On mostly in my early mornings....and a few times over the last week I have missed you by 20 minutes or so. Hope to see you running and gunning soon brother!

Quebra Regra
08-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Brutal.

My reason for not playing is two fold... Firstly the changes made by TRION are offensive. Secondly the way in which TRIOn has treated it's loyal customer base is offensive.

I will not bother patching again. I don't support TRION, and I will remember their name long into the future.

That said DAWN PATROL should be great. Defiance is dead, but Destiny is about to start and there are plenty of other games to play.

Embargo on TRION!

moof
08-26-2014, 01:09 PM
nah,its "die keine liebe company"

Solario32
08-26-2014, 01:17 PM
I log in 5 mins every day to get rewards, Defiant few, and Tarr dailies. RIP Defiance.

CRIXDA
08-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Ms, Dudette - it is good to see you and I am glad that you are enthralled with the game, I hope that you continue to have fun.
Drama, you are correct in saying that "Der Kompany" is the main one to kill this game. There isn't anything like it as it has a niche of it's own.
Shadow, I am glad that You are around and I count on you, brother. We'll hook it up soon!
Moof, I am a high EGO character too and I run up the TL everywhere that I go also - if you are on xbl na add me, my gamertag is the same as my user name here.
And Donko - I am beyond glad to have you and "The Chainsaw" around these days to run with, since Quebra and Griff and all of these knuckleheads have kicked us to the curb. ( j/k )
By the way - can anyone recommend a good lotion for "curb-burn"? Lol

DSW
08-26-2014, 01:56 PM
Meh, Defiance wont die.

they just have to revert it back to how it was a few month ago, that would suit me.

Defiance is a Gold mine if run properly. It has So much potential. Srs.

two things that could kill Defi - poor management and old console limitations. i think defiance would feel much better if trion at least will drop console support at all.
sorry guys, but x360/ps3 consoles are too limited for now and just dragging down development because of constant need to look if that would fit in that small amout of RAM (remember SV patch, adding it to main map?)

dropping support for consoles should allow devs to focus on bug fixing and game expansion as well as doing things like raising viewing distance and adding weather effects

dramaQkarri
08-26-2014, 02:48 PM
two things that could kill Defi - poor management and old console limitations. i think defiance would feel much better if trion at least will drop console support at all.
sorry guys, but x360/ps3 consoles are too limited for now and just dragging down development because of constant need to look if that would fit in that small amout of RAM (remember SV patch, adding it to main map?)

dropping support for consoles should allow devs to focus on bug fixing and game expansion as well as doing things like raising viewing distance and adding weather effects

Nice try but you forgot about ArcheAge. You also forgot about the crippling lag even PC is having these days. That has ZERO to do with consoles and everything to do with coding and servers.
They won't drop consoles without having plans to end the game completely - even for the MASTER RACE.

Atticus Batman
08-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Ms, Dudette - it is good to see you and I am glad that you are enthralled with the game, I hope that you continue to have fun.
Drama, you are correct in saying that "Der Kompany" is the main one to kill this game. There isn't anything like it as it has a niche of it's own.
Shadow, I am glad that You are around and I count on you, brother. We'll hook it up soon!
Moof, I am a high EGO character too and I run up the TL everywhere that I go also - if you are on xbl na add me, my gamertag is the same as my user name here.
And Donko - I am beyond glad to have you and "The Chainsaw" around these days to run with, since Quebra and Griff and all of these knuckleheads have kicked us to the curb. ( j/k )
By the way - can anyone recommend a good lotion for "curb-burn"? Lol

I'm still around. Just haven't been logging in until right after the nightly restarts, since that tends to be the only time lag isn't a problem since the last couple patches. I did miss you by like 5 minutes a few days back but Donk and a couple others kept me company.

Belle Starr
08-26-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm still in Defiance, just not as much as I used to be! I still love the game , the world, my clan, my in-game friends, but I'm tired of the lags and disconnects that don't seem to get much better :(

I now have a three strike rule: If I lag or disconnect on Defiance three times in a half hour, I'm out of there! Unfortunately, that happens a lot! :(

So I then go to Firefall, where a lot of my in-game friends and clan mates have fled. But it still isn't Defiance *sigh* :(

N3gativeCr33p
08-26-2014, 04:42 PM

http://i.imgur.com/PRrvyeP.gif

Oh... and be sure to enjoy that low pop phase, master race.

Odessa
08-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Now in the past I have been known as a bit of a critic where this game is concerned and I have heard many people say 9/9/2014 will be the day defiance dies..... I think not, consider this everyone, Wants THAT game and the hype is super high and all those who have not pre ordered it will finds themselves in for along wait now if trion plays their cards right and gets the game working well they could clean up on people wanting to play a game similar to Destiny and then if trion plays their cards right again people will keep playing defiance long after the hype has faded away cos lets face it defiance got past gta v online and a lot of people me included did't think they could do it so who knows this could be the making of defiance I hope so but just on the off chance I have destiny on pre order :)

I honestly don't think anyone thinks one game will be responsible for Defiance's demise. I tend to look past those comments, understanding the anger and frustration in the sentiments, but knowing it's directed towards the changes and not the game. I would have never placed GTA5 in the same category as Defiance. Nor would I place Destiny in it. No matter how I feel about the changes and the current state of the game, it was a blast beforehand and my sadness is directed towards seeing how much people who are just joining will miss out on, as well as the frustration at the lack of progression my characters had based on the limited resources. And the Warmaster, of course.

Most friends have moved on for all the same reasons stated. After spending so much of my life in one game, it's actually refreshing to be able to finish up games and get back into ones I put aside. Whatever reasons outside of profit (and there's nothing wrong with that) that had so many sweeping changes ushered in without as much as a nod to understanding the effects it would have on most players, it managed to motivate gamers to go out and seek fun elsewhere. While some think it's a bad thing, I think enjoying different games and continuing friendships beyond one title is healthy. I am happy to say all friends and clansmates are still intact on my friends list. :)

By the way, Destiny isn't out of stock, if that's what you meant by the wait.

My reason for not playing is two fold... Firstly the changes made by TRION are offensive. Secondly the way in which TRIOn has treated it's loyal customer base is offensive.

I will not bother patching again. I don't support TRION, and I will remember their name long into the future.

That said DAWN PATROL should be great. Defiance is dead, but Destiny is about to start and there are plenty of other games to play.

Embargo on TRION!

*slowly nods* You've been very kind to me, QR. I am glad to still have you on my Friends List and I hope to dance with you at the Tower in a few weeks. :D

SirServed
08-26-2014, 04:45 PM
CRIXDA's wall of text crits you for your attention span. You skip to the end.

Bentu
08-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Defiance is too good a game to die or even crawl off weeping into the wilderness. IMO Destiny will be a bloody good game and I plan to play a hell of a lot of it.
As far as I'm aware Defiance is still the only open world mmo on xbox and when it does eventually go F2P I feel that we'll see an influx of people who will need our guidance/advice.
Can't wait for extra life and practicing daily for another 30 hour stint.

Long live Defiance. :cool:

DSW
08-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Nice try but you forgot about ArcheAge. You also forgot about the crippling lag even PC is having these days. That has ZERO to do with consoles and everything to do with coding and servers.
They won't drop consoles without having plans to end the game completely - even for the MASTER RACE.

yup, i know that this lag is the only thing that strictly server-related. also what about archeage?

http://i.imgur.com/PRrvyeP.gif

Oh... and be sure to enjoy that low pop phase, master race.
I don't care about that MASTER RACE or PC vs console holywars.
if consoles weren't that tight on resources (or just be upgradeable at least for RAM size) then it won't be of much problem, i think.
also remember what devs said about patch certification process that limits their ability to patch client-side asap. and that that process can sometimes introduce new bugs.

Bonehead
08-26-2014, 06:09 PM
that that process can sometimes introduce new bugs.

New bugs?

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/NBGjUYG_zps4f93511a.png

3rdpig
08-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Defiance is too good a game to die or even crawl off weeping into the wilderness. IMO Destiny will be a bloody good game and I plan to play a hell of a lot of it.
As far as I'm aware Defiance is still the only open world mmo on xbox and when it does eventually go F2P I feel that we'll see an influx of people who will need our guidance/advice.
Can't wait for extra life and practicing daily for another 30 hour stint.

Long live Defiance. :cool:

If F2P happens on the consoles like it did on PC you will get an influx of new players. Then they'll be gone in a week or two once they see how terrible the game plays now. Lag, teleporting enemies, constant disconnects, despawning vehicle every 100 meters, TL and difficulty all over the map, endless stream of crap from lockboxes, etc, etc.

PC-NA is a veritable ghost town and no amount of balance or ark codes will change that. And if the show gets canceled that advertising will be gone and the stream of new players will dry up.

Wraieth
08-26-2014, 07:00 PM
If F2P happens on the consoles like it did on PC you will get an influx of new players. Then they'll be gone in a week or two once they see how terrible the game plays now. Lag, teleporting enemies, constant disconnects, despawning vehicle every 100 meters, TL and difficulty all over the map, endless stream of crap from lockboxes, etc, etc.

PC-NA is a veritable ghost town and no amount of balance or ark codes will change that. And if the show gets canceled that advertising will be gone and the stream of new players will dry up.

I totaly agree with you. And i honestly think they will never get the lag fixed right. There is simply to much going on within to small an area for the engine to handle it.

Sure its open world but the entire map is just barely and i mean barely bigger than most mmo's single zones. And smaller than alot i have seen. They should have opened a larger portion of the map along time ago.

The fact they had to instance SV is just further proof of that.

Atticus Batman
08-26-2014, 07:02 PM
I totaly agree with you. And i honestly think they will never get the lag fixed right. There is simply to much going on within to small an area for the engine to handle it.

Sure its open world but the entire map is just barely and i mean barely bigger than most mmo's single zones. And smaller than alot i have seen. They should have opened a larger portion of the map along time ago.

The fact they had to instance SV is just further proof of that.

Sv was only instanced for about a week. It is no longer instanced.

Wraieth
08-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Sv was only instanced for about a week. It is no longer instanced. Well then props to trion for actualy fixing something thats a start atleast. But i still feel the same way i think its got alot to do with how small the map realy is and all the things that is going on.

I mean you cant move 10 feet without some kind of encounter alert arkfall or the 30 ither things going on.

Wraieth
08-26-2014, 07:14 PM
Also tho i have stoped playing since not long after they switched to arc. As every single time i try to log in it has to redownload arc. Not update it completly redownload it install and all. That is annoying as hell.

Atticus Batman
08-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Also tho i have stoped playing since not long after they switched to arc. As every single time i try to log in it has to redownload arc. Not update it completly redownload it install and all. That is annoying as hell.

To stop the patch loop I had to uninstall everything, including the game, and reinstall it all, as if it was launch day. It sucked but it worked.

Copperpot
08-26-2014, 08:31 PM

Only good part about F2P on PS3 is I get kills in PVP without owning a zagger, boomer, or whatever the **** everyone uses to insta-kill.

ArkHunter Z
08-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Only good part about F2P on PS3 is I get kills in PVP without owning a zagger, boomer, or whatever the **** everyone uses to insta-kill.

I approve of this message. +1

Bonehead
08-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Kinda feel this way about the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrOQC-zEog

drackiller
08-27-2014, 12:55 AM

Great music Bone, makes me feel nostalgic in a good way :)

08-27-2014, 12:56 AM
makes me feel nostalgic in a good way :)

Playing Defiance makes you nostalgic too?

drackiller
08-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Playing Defiance makes you nostalgic too?

Nope, just the music Bonehead linked, music from the good old days.

Bentu
08-27-2014, 02:32 AM
Nope, just the music Bonehead linked, music from the good old days.

Bonehead linked to some music? BOO there it is.

_FrOQC-zEog

Chocolatelover67
08-27-2014, 02:51 AM
I'm still in Defiance, just not as much as I used to be! I still love the game , the world, my clan, my in-game friends, but I'm tired of the lags and disconnects that don't seem to get much better :(

I now have a three strike rule: If I lag or disconnect on Defiance three times in a half hour, I'm out of there! Unfortunately, that happens a lot! :(

So I then go to Firefall, where a lot of my in-game friends and clan mates have fled. But it still isn't Defiance *sigh* :(

Hey I saw you at The Crater the other night..... Would love to play with you and do some dailies / co op, what not....

It is sad to see people leaving...

N3gativeCr33p
08-27-2014, 05:50 AM

Reminds me of this one time the paramedics took me out of the house on a stretcher and to the hospital... this song was stuck in my head the entire time.

Good times! (Love this song.)

I mean you cant move 10 feet without some kind of encounter alert arkfall or the 30 ither things going on.

And the new problem in Sillycon Valley seems to be Major Arkfalls "overwriting" Control Grid minors... saw that happen for the second time yesterday afternoon when I got home from work. Making an already thankless grind an even worse grind... if there is such a thing.

Bentu
08-27-2014, 06:10 AM
And the new problem in Sillycon Valley seems to be Major Arkfalls "overwriting" Control Grid minors... saw that happen for the second time yesterday afternoon when I got home from work. Making an already thankless grind an even worse grind... if there is such a thing.

Not just those, I've had Cyborg and Raider Conversions halfway done only to disappear when a major pops.

N3gativeCr33p
08-27-2014, 06:47 AM
Not just those, I've had Cyborg and Raider Conversions halfway done only to disappear when a major pops.

I had no idea it was happening to emergencies, too... I've been looking for my last (6) Raider Conversions in the old sections of the map, then I'm completely done with that BS pursuit.

dramaQkarri
08-27-2014, 07:44 AM
yup, i know that this lag is the only thing that strictly server-related. also what about archeage?

Oh I meant that the limited resources of Der Kompany are tied up with the ArcheAge launch.

And the lag is both server AND coding/client issue, I think. Either way it's their issue.

dramaQkarri
08-27-2014, 07:46 AM
I had no idea it was happening to emergencies, too... I've been looking for my last (6) Raider Conversions in the old sections of the map, then I'm completely done with that BS pursuit.

It also overwrites Warmaster...my friend put down 4 spikes one day in SV, we were almost done with the outside and a stupid major hellbug arkfall popped in and overwrote the whole thing. We fled in disgust.

TBH I don't even know why he put the spikes down, I guess just for something to do.

N3gativeCr33p
08-27-2014, 08:11 AM
It also overwrites Warmaster...my friend put down 4 spikes one day in SV, we were almost done with the outside and a stupid major hellbug arkfall popped in and overwrote the whole thing. We fled in disgust.

TBH I don't even know why he put the spikes down, I guess just for something to do.

Yeah, that sucks... I can't even remember the last time that I bothered to drop a spike, let alone if it was a major or a minor that I placed it.

EL OH EL? ;)

Copperpot
08-27-2014, 08:18 AM
Yeah, that sucks... I can't even remember the last time that I bothered to drop a spike, let alone if it was a major or a minor that I placed it.

EL OH EL? ;)

Crazy. Warmaster used to be fun.

Bentu
08-27-2014, 08:20 AM

EL OH EL? ;)

I sometimes put down 4 and leave, if someone turns up at least they get some use out of them.

Kyosji
08-27-2014, 08:21 AM
http://mcphedranbadside.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/old-men-muppets.jpg

Warmaster was never fun.

Bentu
08-27-2014, 09:17 AM
http://mcphedranbadside.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/old-men-muppets.jpg

Warmaster was never fun.

I disagree but we're all entitled to our opinions. Incidentally which one is you :D

N3gativeCr33p
08-27-2014, 09:20 AM
I sometimes put down 4 and leave, if someone turns up at least they get some use out of them.

Yeah, I used to do that too... when I was feeling charitable.

Incidentally which one is you :D

I'm the one on the left. LOL ;)

http://media.giphy.com/media/reJOGQ43nNeGk/giphy.gif

Bentu
08-27-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm the one on the left. LOL ;)

http://media.giphy.com/media/reJOGQ43nNeGk/giphy.gif

I pictured you with more hair.

N3gativeCr33p
08-27-2014, 09:57 AM
I pictured you with more hair.

Unfortunately, no... I shave my head on the regular. I pretty much look exactly like my XBL avatar. :)

Quebra Regra
08-27-2014, 11:28 AM
I honestly don't think anyone thinks one game will be responsible for Defiance's demise. I tend to look past those comments, understanding the anger and frustration in the sentiments, but knowing it's directed towards the changes and not the game. I would have never placed GTA5 in the same category as Defiance. Nor would I place Destiny in it. No matter how I feel about the changes and the current state of the game, it was a blast beforehand and my sadness is directed towards seeing how much people who are just joining will miss out on, as well as the frustration at the lack of progression my characters had based on the limited resources. And the Warmaster, of course.

Most friends have moved on for all the same reasons stated. After spending so much of my life in one game, it's actually refreshing to be able to finish up games and get back into ones I put aside. Whatever reasons outside of profit (and there's nothing wrong with that) that had so many sweeping changes ushered in without as much as a nod to understanding the effects it would have on most players, it managed to motivate gamers to go out and seek fun elsewhere. While some think it's a bad thing, I think enjoying different games and continuing friendships beyond one title is healthy. I am happy to say all friends and clansmates are still intact on my friends list. :)

By the way, Destiny isn't out of stock, if that's what you meant by the wait.

*slowly nods* You've been very kind to me, QR. I am glad to still have you on my Friends List and I hope to dance with you at the Tower in a few weeks. :D

I'll definitely look for you at the tower, and if you see me on other games you are playing please throw me an invite. I'm really not crying over DEFI at this point, we had our fun while it lasted.

TRION made it's choices, I have made mine.

CRIXDA
08-27-2014, 11:51 AM
CRIXDA's wall of text crits you for your attention span. You skip to the end.
Er????
Sorry there, Sir/ Ma'am. I speak several languages but "confused jibberish" isn't one of them, I regretfully say to you.
Or maybe you will understand this better:
"Didn't I You. !!!! Bad my. Understand dip****tery posted that in post sorry am I the. That "

SirServed
08-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Er????
Sorry there, Sir/ Ma'am. I speak several languages but "confused jibberish" isn't one of them, I regretfully say to you.
Or maybe you will understand this better:
"Didn't I You. !!!! Bad my. Understand dip****tery posted that in post sorry am I the. That "
Here, let me help you with that: wall of text (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wall%20of%20text).

CRIXDA
08-27-2014, 01:29 PM
That is good, SirServed. Funny.
Let me help you with this:
SirServed : not worth my time anymore.
Nice troll.

dramaQkarri
08-27-2014, 02:50 PM
That is good, SirServed. Funny.
Let me help you with this:
SirServed : not worth my time anymore.
Nice troll.

Trust me you are no wall of text maker, Crixda. You are a creative writer of metaphor. Metaphors confuse some people.

Bonehead
08-27-2014, 03:11 PM
Trust me you are no wall of text maker, Crixda. You are a creative writer of metaphor. Metaphors confuse some people.

http://thisisgraeme.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/metaphor-simile.jpg

http://marketingforhippies.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/metaphor-cartoon.gif

Copperpot
08-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Maybe you'll have to start each thread with, "Metaphorically speaking..." from now on. That will tell trolls to move along to other threads in which they can sew their misery.

Belle Starr
08-27-2014, 05:54 PM
I think the whole point of the thread has been lost in name calling and snarky attempts at humor :mad:

CRIXDA is speaking from the heart about his disappointment, frustration, and yes, sadness of where our beloved game of Defiance has gone. It's like a teddy bear I had as a child that I found in the attic years later. It was torn, dirty, an eye missing because of years of neglect and misuse, and it made me feel sad, but also happy when I though about the fun times we had together. :)

Defiance is in a similar state as that teddy Bear, but only after a year. I don't think any amount of repair will bring it back to what it once was to veterans like CRIXDA and me, but at least we have fond memories of our fun in the game. And that's what we should dwell on when remembering the game. :)

dramaQkarri
08-27-2014, 05:59 PM
I think the whole point of the thread has been lost in name calling and snarky attempts at humor :mad:

CRIXDA is speaking from the heart about his disappointment, frustration, and yes, sadness of where our beloved game of Defiance has gone. It's like a teddy bear I had as a child that I found in the attic years later. It was torn, dirty, an eye missing because of years of neglect and misuse, and it made me feel sad, but also happy when I though about the fun times we had together. :)

Defiance is in a similar state as that teddy Bear, but only after a year. I don't think any amount of repair will bring it back to what it once was to veterans like CRIXDA and me, but at least we have fond memories of our fun in the game. And that's what we should dwell on when remembering the game. :)

You are correct on all that.

But you speak in simile, NO ONE can metaphor like our beloved CRIXDA!

See I speak in simile too. It's like I just don't get it.

Belle Starr
08-27-2014, 06:02 PM
You are correct on all that.

But you speak in simile, NO ONE can metaphor like our beloved CRIXDA!

See I speak in simile too. It's like I just don't get it.

I'm simile to that remark! Simile... similar... get it...never mind :(

dramaQkarri
08-27-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm simile to that remark! Simile... similar... get it...never mind :(

LOL i got it ;)

Belle Starr
08-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Now I'm just being punny :)

OMG, I'm doing what I just said others were doing! I'm getting away from the spirit of the thread! Sorry CRIXDA :(

CRIXDA
08-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Don't even worry about that, Belle.
Sometimes people aren't happy unless they make someone else UNhappy, so folks like that can kiss my @$$ and I will just keep doing me.
You keep on doing you, you are great the way that you are - you are here to forward the game and so are Bonez, Drama, Outtatouch Batman, Amack, Negative Creep, Copperpot, Smitty and a host of others.
Even though these forums have become a "B!TCHBOARD" for a lot of folks who just want to let off some steam about "my inventory vanished" or "I got no scrip" or "the Warmaster is a total turd now", there is still a lot of good conversation going on and some good reading.
(Sorry for my 'wall of text' here, punk-whiner troll b!tches - but there is a point)
People are creative and want the game to succeed.
If you don't, don't read my posts or come to the forums, don't whine and play the game or gripe, don't turn your tablet on or log in for the expressed purpose to piss someone off - just ask your mom to drive you to the arcade so you can "rule @$$" at Tetris or Battlezone or whatever "hipster" game you are good at.
Enjoy your slurpie and go away, leave this to us.

KeevanSixx
08-27-2014, 08:53 PM
I still play, half-heartedly mind you...I'm mostly hanging out at iron demon to collect the crates ,defiant, and tarr dailies; and leveling my weapon skill on the emergencies that spawn there. the magic is mostly gone for me....I just pop in to kill some time and see who's still around.

I still wish they would give the game that TLC touch and polish, instead of having us chase waterfalls...

N3gativeCr33p
08-27-2014, 08:56 PM
I still wish they would give the game that TLC touch and polish, instead of having us chase waterfalls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WEtxJ4-sh4

CRIXDA
08-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Didn't Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopes set fire to Andre "Bad Moon" Rison's house?
(She is the "L" in TLC and a total whack-job). They needed a "waterfall" to put his damn housefire out!

N3gativeCr33p
08-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Didn't Lisa "Left-Eye" Lopes set fire to Andre "Bad Moon" Rison's house?
(She is the "L" in TLC and a total whack-job). They needed a "waterfall" to put his damn housefire out!

Yes she did.

RIP Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes

CRIXDA
08-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Ahhhhh.

We, the Kings of "Useless Trivia".
We have derailed the thread enough, almighty Lord of Hate.

Amack
08-27-2014, 09:13 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2qrzhmu.png

Sorry buddy, couldn't help myself.

I am glad your spirits have improved!
Don't lose the faith.

CRIXDA
08-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Amack,
That is AWESOME!!!
HA HA HA HA!!!!

Thank you for that. As I am over here quietly typing away at the little keyboard of my phone, my lovely wife gently snoring away next to me - knowing that I will have to be up in about 5 hours for another ponderous day in the shop.....
I FCUKING LOVE THAT!

drackiller
08-28-2014, 12:23 AM
Don't even worry about that, Belle.
Sometimes people aren't happy unless they make someone else UNhappy, so folks like that can kiss my @$$ and I will just keep doing me.
You keep on doing you, you are great the way that you are - you are here to forward the game and so are Bonez, Drama, Outtatouch Batman, Amack, Negative Creep, Copperpot, Smitty and a host of others.
Even though these forums have become a "B!TCHBOARD" for a lot of folks who just want to let off some steam about "my inventory vanished" or "I got no scrip" or "the Warmaster is a total turd now", there is still a lot of good conversation going on and some good reading.
(Sorry for my 'wall of text' here, punk-whiner troll b!tches - but there is a point)
People are creative and want the game to succeed.
If you don't, don't read my posts or come to the forums, don't whine and play the game or gripe, don't turn your tablet on or log in for the expressed purpose to piss someone off - just ask your mom to drive you to the arcade so you can "rule @$$" at Tetris or Battlezone or whatever "hipster" game you are good at.
Enjoy your slurpie and go away, leave this to us.

I like to read what you post CRIXDA, if i agree or not that is another question.
I agree with most, if not all that you write, because i understand the swing moods.

But i`m mad at you bro, you forgot to mention my name there :( Kidding ;)

Bonehead
08-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Sorry buddy, couldn't help myself.

I am glad your spirits have improved!
Don't lose the faith.

That was pretty awesome Mack.

CRIXDA
08-28-2014, 06:44 AM
Argee of not, Drac - there is always mutual respect between us. Sadly, that is what these chump buster smart@$$ punks never learn.

Yeah....I can't do much about the mood swings.

drackiller
08-28-2014, 07:30 AM
Argee of not, Drac - there is always mutual respect between us. Sadly, that is what these chump buster smart@$$ punks never learn.

And i feel sorry for you not having a PS3 or me an XboX...
People don`t understand the concept of not agreeing with each other and still, get along with each other.

Bonehead
08-28-2014, 04:21 PM

Roll with 'em Crix. Roll on!

Belle Starr
08-28-2014, 05:53 PM

I run from dark depression to giddy delight when it comes to the Defiance game! Come to think of it, if I don't take my blue pill, I run that way as to RL too! :)