PDA

View Full Version : Sharing your PC game Experience via Twitch!

Beathrus
08-24-2014, 06:12 PM
So, I've been seeing people asking for Dev's to play the game. And I'm just curious.. why not do it on twitch? I mean, really do it on twitch. For like, 6 hours, someone get on twitch, don't play any music, and just play the game. Record every crash, every drop, etc and every experience. Then post links here so everyone can watch it?

Seth090
08-24-2014, 06:33 PM
http://youtu.be/rLmBX-mWOrI

mass arc fall from last night around 10:20 pm est

squidgod2000
08-24-2014, 06:43 PM
I've been streaming (or at least attempting to) for the past few days, but I quit as soon as I start critting out. Sometimes that means I'm streaming to a couple hours, but usually it's just a couple minutes.

Two months of this is inexcusable. Hartsman needs to get his head out of ArcheAge and remember that he's got three other games that could be funneling money into his company.

So, I've been seeing people asking for Dev's to play the game.

The previous community team used to play pretty often during the Friday livestreams and during ExtraLife (when they weren't playing LoL or DoTA or Hearthstone or something), but it wasn't exactly encouraging. They sucked bad. I seriously doubt that the devs--or anyone at Trion for that matter--has a legit 3k+ character.

It's not surprising, really. I mean, the last thing I'd want to do after a day at work is more work stuff, and it can be very hard for someone who works on a game to sit back and just play--they'll always be looking at it from a dev point of view.

I'm a firm believer that every MMO developer should employ someone whose only job is to play their game. Not test or do community outreach or something, just play. And they should be involved in the development process. Devs just never seem to know their games like players do. They know how the game is supposed to work, not how it actually works.

AirRhino
08-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Two months of this is inexcusable. Hartsman needs to get his head out of ArcheAge and remember that he's got three other games that could be funneling money into his company.

That is all they care about ATM. With Bless around the corner, they have no chance unless they focus %100 on it.

Sadly though, Destiny is also around the corner, and well that will replace this, and in a heartbeat. The only thing that saves them is Destiny PC side will take some time for release. But if they keep up with the same pattern over the last 2-3months, in wont matter how long they take.

Defiance is self imploding. They ignore the crashes, the lag, the hackers, loot problems etc.. etc.. etc... And in some cases even defend it. Only place this all leads to is another game shutdown.

squidgod2000
08-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Sadly though, Destiny is also around the corner, and well that will replace this, and in a heartbeat. The only thing that saves them is Destiny PC side will take some time for release. But if they keep up with the same pattern over the last 2-3 months, in wont matter how long they take.

Yep. Destiny is going to decimate the Defiance console population since it's the same genre, appeals to the same players and has immeasurably higher production values. As for PC players, a PC version still hasn't been confirmed afaik, and the whole March thing is just internet speculation.

Defiance is self imploding. They ignore the crashes, the lag, the hackers, loot problems etc.. etc.. etc...

They're not ignoring the problems--the problems that aren't of their own creation, at least--but they've been wholly ineffective at resolving them. Every week or two there's another patch or two that includes notes about fixing crashes and every week the crash problem gets worse. As for the hackers, they mostly stick to PvP, so hunting them down isn't a priority.