PDA

View Full Version : How would you define weapon groups?

Etaew
08-25-2014, 02:19 AM
For instance, you could group weapons by their task:

- To break the armor from an enemy
- To burn down health
- To burn down shields
- To do area damage
- To do damage over time
- To splat people in PvP
- toforceyoutolevelbecauseofapursuit

I'd like to group weapons, and I don't feel the defined weapon types (SMGs/Assault Rifles) are good enough. How would you define weapon groups?

moof
08-25-2014, 02:42 AM
how would you define this monster weapon of mine?btw im busy getting chimera mods for it,simply because its an easy way to get tier 5 mods,already got the barrel

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/248x709q90/540/yVKEW3.jpg

Maixx
08-25-2014, 02:53 AM
I've always (any game) considered there to be 3 offensive categories + support.

- DPS (damage over time, boss killing)
- Burst (1 shot, 1 kill - pvp or common mobs)
- AOE (area effect, attacking large groups)

- Support (heals, crowd control ect, non damage)

SilverWF
08-25-2014, 02:59 AM
I don't feel the defined weapon types (SMGs/Assault Rifles) are good enough.

This is weapon types, but you are talking about weapon roles.

For me it's "Shotguns" and "Not shotguns" :)

WanWhiteWolf
08-25-2014, 03:55 AM
For this game I feel the items should be devided in:

1. Quest achievemnt - Melee and sniper the most powerfull
2. Volge sieges - DPS the most powerfull (SMG/ASSAULT/Shotguns)
3. Infestation Sieges - Explosives the most efficient (detonators + rockets)
4. Support & Trolling - BMG and infestors
5. Arkfalls - all types of weapons

In reality:

1. Quest achievemnt - People use whatever weapon is not maxed
2. Volge sieges - People use the latest blue/purple they got
3. Infestation - Same as volge sieges
4. Support & Trolling - There is no support. Trolling is done with detonators.
5. Arkfalls - Doesn't really matter since the rewards are almost the same for everyone

As for the nano effects:

Syp : only used to stay alive < 3000 ego
Bio : Should be on support but since there isn't any support the DPS guys take it
Electro : Should be on SMG/Assault riles.
Fire : Should be on shotguns
Rad : Snipers and maybe shotguns

This would be the most efficient/ideal way. In reality even a clan team uses whatever they have.

Snib
08-25-2014, 04:15 AM
^^ see, that's your opinion, I'd disagree with a lot of that if it mattered, which it doesn't.

@OP: Figure out why you want to group them differently and you'll know how to.

Blackwolfe
08-25-2014, 04:39 AM
Dunno how I'd define weapon groups. Still trying to find a weapon that is better or similar to my AR (the one from the Nolan season 1 mission chain). Upped it to orange and have been keeping the rating up to date, fully modded (though only with tier 3 mods, tier 4/5 are from faction lockboxes? Never seen one so far).

WanWhiteWolf
08-25-2014, 04:46 AM
Dunno how I'd define weapon groups. Still trying to find a weapon that is better or similar to my AR (the one from the Nolan season 1 mission chain). Upped it to orange and have been keeping the rating up to date, fully modded (though only with tier 3 mods, tier 4/5 are from faction lockboxes? Never seen one so far).

You can get T4 random mods with rep + keys + scrip. They are not cheap + there is randomness. I would just look for those who sell if I would be interested only in one particular type. I can sell you some if you don't find anyone who does.

T5 you can get only with cores and rep. Cores you get from special dailies (Chimera and Paradise) which requires you to have 5000+ ego or someone with 5000+ ego as a friend/party to start the mission. Not many people sell those since you need 1 week / mod.

moof
08-25-2014, 04:48 AM
For this game I feel the items should be devided in:

1. Quest achievemnt - Melee and sniper the most powerfull
2. Volge sieges - DPS the most powerfull (SMG/ASSAULT/Shotguns)
3. Infestation Sieges - Explosives the most efficient (detonators + rockets)
4. Support & Trolling - BMG and infestors
5. Arkfalls - all types of weapons

In reality:

1. Quest achievemnt - People use whatever weapon is not maxed
2. Volge sieges - People use the latest blue/purple they got
3. Infestation - Same as volge sieges
4. Support & Trolling - There is no support. Trolling is done with detonators.
5. Arkfalls - Doesn't really matter since the rewards are almost the same for everyone

As for the nano effects:

Syp : only used to stay alive < 3000 ego
Bio : Should be on support but since there isn't any support the DPS guys take it
Electro : Should be on SMG/Assault riles.
Fire : Should be on shotguns
Rad : Snipers and maybe shotguns

This would be the most efficient/ideal way. In reality even a clan team uses whatever they have.

you not counting for light machine guns with a tripped up fire rate,or perks for that matter,you see with the burst fire mod my main gun here fires in hops,1 bullet,1 bullet,then 2 at one time,as with an auto fire weapon like the saw,there is no time between bursts,also it has canonneer

Blackwolfe
08-25-2014, 04:56 AM
Ah, that explains it. Only at 2.5k ego so far. Expert co-ops unlock at 5k+?

WanWhiteWolf
08-25-2014, 04:58 AM
you not counting for light machine guns with a tripped up fire rate,or perks for that matter,you see with the burst fire mod my main gun here fires in hops,1 bullet,1 bullet,then 2 at one time,as with an auto fire weapon like the saw,there is no time between bursts,also it has canonneer

I am sorry to disappoint you but my blue rarity PULSER (at @ 4000 ego) has more damage per second than your gun. I imagine that most blue rarity pulsers at your level would do more damage than your machine gun. On top of that, you can run and shoot with a pulser with close to no bloom penalty, while your item requires aiming (e.g. not that mobile -> you are more vulnerable).

Yes, it's orange. It's a good weapon. But the class is not the best for max damage output. As reference I saw 2 or 3 Pulsers with 2000+ damage and 31 firerate & better crit multiplier. Yes, that's half of your damage but triple the firerate. Do the math.

moof
08-25-2014, 05:05 AM
I am sorry to disappoint you but my blue rarity PULSER (at @ 4000 ego) has more damage per second than your gun. I imagine that most blue rarity pulsers at your level would do more damage than your machine gun. On top of that, you can run and shoot with a pulser with close to no bloom penalty, while your item requires aiming (e.g. not that mobile -> you are more vulnerable).

Yes, it's orange. It's a good weapon. But the class is not the best for max damage output. As reference I saw 2 or 3 Pulsers with 2000+ damage and 31 firerate & better crit multiplier. Yes, that's half of your damage but triple the firerate. Do the math.

yes but your pulsar doesnt get 20k crits or even 40k with a dmg spike,did i also mention that your pulsar is very short range?i designed mine for versatility,which includes a tier 5 sustained power barrel

infact you know what?i dont want to argue with you,semantics is my weak point,if your on pc na we can meet up and compare,that would make more sense

ingame ign is GunDownGrace

maybe you can help me build a secondary weapon,ive been lookiing for one

Mosche
08-25-2014, 05:12 AM
I mostly differentiate between aoe-ish weapons and weapons that have high enough accuracy and crit rate to go for headshots.

Snib
08-25-2014, 05:20 AM
yes but your pulsar doesnt get 20k crits or even 40k with a dmg spike,

A pulser has the same default crit mult as your gun. Also a SAW without crit rolls is definitely not the weapon you want for crit shooting, there are so many better choices. A SAW is for crouching in a corner, holding down the left mouse button, leaving your other hand free to do whatever. :p

But yeah, you guys should compare your "guns" elsewhere. :D

moof
08-25-2014, 05:38 AM
A pulser has the same default crit mult as your gun. Also a SAW without crit rolls is definitely not the weapon you want for crit shooting, there are so many better choices. A SAW is for crouching in a corner, holding down the left mouse button, leaving your other hand free to do whatever. :p

But yeah, you guys should compare your "guns" elsewhere. :D

well im female,but if i understand your innuendo correctly,that makes sense as i dont have a "gun" to compare in the irl sense,why do you think i said i dont want to argue in the last bit of me post

WanWhiteWolf
08-25-2014, 05:51 AM
Ah, that explains it. Only at 2.5k ego so far. Expert co-ops unlock at 5k+?

Yes. But T5 comes only with 2 synergies. T4 mods are often more powerful when used with the right synergy / weapon.

well im female,but if i understand your innuendo correctly,that makes sense as i dont have a "gun" to compare in the irl sense,why do you think i said i dont want to argue in the last bit of me post

Makes sense. Your weapon is awesome.

In my attempt not-to hijack the thread: It's hard to categorize the items since as we speak since there are only a handful being used. From what I've seen 70% of the available items are almost never used (yes, I check peoples inventory and perk builds).

Snib
08-25-2014, 05:51 AM

E-peen is genderless, that's the wonderful thing. :D

And the rest is just a question of play style. My current favorite PVE gun is the Frontier Battle Rifle with burst mod and reload + on-reload perks. Is it the best gun there is? Probably not, but it's the gun I'm currently having the most fun with. That's all that counts, isn't it?

BlackTalons
08-25-2014, 05:56 AM

And then people ask why nerfs keep droping on them unanounced. Bloom for pulsars FTW!

I like to clasify weapons in range, mobility and crit capability.

Long range (40+ m):

- BASR (crit ++, mobility --)
- SASR (crit ++, mobility --)
- SAW (crit +, mobility --)
- High velocity rocket launcher (crit -, mobility +)

Medium range (40-20 m):

- LMG (crit +, mobility --)
- SAW (crit +, mobility -)
- AR (crit +, mobility -)
- Immunizer (crit -, mobility +)
- Detonators (crit-, mobility ++)
- RL (crit -, mobility +)

Short range (10-20 m):

- BMG (crit -, mobility ++)
- PS 30 slugger (crit ++, mobility +)
- SMG (crit +, mobility +)
- VOT SMG (crit +, mobility ++)
- Pistol with fall-off mods (crit ++, mobility --)
- Infectors (crit -, mobility +)
- Full-auto detonators (crit-, mobility ++)
- Grenade shotguns (crit-, mobility ++)

Indoors range (0-10 m):

- Combat shotguns (crit -, mobility ++)
- Pump shotguns (crit -, mobility +)
- Sawed off (crit -, mobility +)
- Pistol (crit ++, mobility +)
- Blast rifle (crit -, mobility ++)
- Swords (crit -, mobility +)

moof
08-25-2014, 06:15 AM
i tryed to film me doing a warmaster with my saw,but the lag was thw totally worst ive seen in my whole history here,im uploading the video of it now,including my crit out

Snib
08-25-2014, 06:22 AM
including my crit out

nerf incoming in 3...2... ;)

moof
08-25-2014, 06:34 AM
nerf incoming in 3...2... ;)

nerf?nerf of what? o.o