PDA

View Full Version : How often does the jackpot weapon change ??

ii gh0st
08-26-2014, 09:18 AM
Exactly what the titles says. Does anyone know ?

Extreme Rugburn
08-26-2014, 09:24 AM
I dont think Trick or Scapes actually mentioned an exact time frame in the livestream and only made reference to switching it periodically. I could be wrong, its been over a week since I watched the livestream and it was almost an hour long.

squidgod2000
08-26-2014, 09:26 AM
It changes whenever people start complaining on the forums that it hasn't been changed in a while and, in doing so, remind the devs that this exists and they have to change it manually.

Kyosji
08-26-2014, 10:46 AM
I think they also mentioned that their shouldn't be DLC locked weapons in them anymore.

Rashere
08-26-2014, 12:58 PM
The jackpot weapon is a bit of an experiment so we haven't decided how often to change it up yet. That time frame will be based off player interest. It needs to be long enough so interested players have a shot at it, but not so long that everyone gets bored with it. I'm expecting that will be in the few weeks to a month range, but we'll see.

Rashere

GooberStomper
08-26-2014, 01:17 PM
idea
have random jackpot list of wanted weapons instead of 1 a month an let us trade em.

Do this by making them "crated" or sealed which is to say you can see stats but ego is not applied until it is equipped/un-created

This way if i get a weapon i dont like I can trade with low ego player and it will match his ego upon equip/un-crating it and vise versa

Bonehead
08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
The jackpot weapon is a bit of an experiment so we haven't decided how often to change it up yet. That time frame will be based off player interest. It needs to be long enough so interested players have a shot at it, but not so long that everyone gets bored with it. I'm expecting that will be in the few weeks to a month range, but we'll see.

Rashere

Thanks for the info Rash.

moof
08-26-2014, 01:19 PM

Rashere

is there anyway at soem point that maybe we could get enemy weapons?like variants of standard weps that use slightly different stats and the enemy weapon models?

like vot pulser using the weapon model from the dark matter enforcer pulser with slightly different stats than the vot pulser

Atticus Batman
08-26-2014, 03:36 PM
idea
have random jackpot list of wanted weapons instead of 1 a month an let us trade em.

Do this by making them "crated" or sealed which is to say you can see stats but ego is not applied until it is equipped/un-created

This way if i get a weapon i dont like I can trade with low ego player and it will match his ego upon equip/un-crating it and vise versa

SOunds like a good idea, but I doubt they can do that on their crappy prototype game engine.