PDA

View Full Version : <The Art of War>, A Cross Game Community Recruiting for Defiance!

Muffinman
02-02-2013, 06:34 PM

REGION: North America

What is The Art of War?
The Art of War is a cross gaming community originally founded in 2012 on Trion’s flagship game Rift. We are currently looking to expand our community to other games, including Tera, ArcheAge and obviously, defiance (and many more games to come)!

What does The Art of War offer?
• A casual community that likes to get stuff done, but in a casual atmosphere. We play to have fun, not as a job. We won’t force you to do anything you don’t want, and we don’t get angry at our members. A friendly, fun and respectful play environment
• A community in which each member matters, no one is a nameless member, and everyone's feedback matters
• A guild that is eager to see content but will not sacrifice fun in order to do it
• A frequently updated website
• A Mumble Server
• Contests for many of our games
• A casual yet superior focus on both PvP and PvE (we do both!)
• A great place to call home for defiance, and any other game you are looking to play!

<The Art of War> is looking for members who:
-Want to have fun regardless of what happens to be going on
-Realize that the strength of the team matters more than the strength of any single player
-Have a sense of humor and can enjoy the lighter side of literally anything
-Most of all, members who love gaming in general and enjoy sharing their other hobbies as well

What we are NOT:
-We are not a guild that pressures players into roles they are not comfortable with
-We are not a guild that forces players into set playtimes
-We are not a guild that puts up with drama and elitism
-We are not a guild that will help propel only 1 member to the top at the cost of helping the entire team

If this sounds like the guild for you, be sure to visit our site and put in an app at http://taowgaming.enjin.com/taowdefianceapplication (Almost everyone is accepted, this is just how you get entered into our website). I hope you all are just as excited for defiance as we are, and can't wait to hear from you!

Thanks!

Edit: We are currently only on PC

We are a North American guild that will be playing on the North American servers. We accept all countries though.

Muffinman
02-02-2013, 09:02 PM
We have MUFFINS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tcR19y7GPM

=)

JustinD92
02-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the community. Good luck with your guild success.

illMAtic
02-03-2013, 08:11 AM

What is The Art of War?
The Art of War is a cross gaming community originally founded in 2012 on Trion’s flagship game Rift. We are currently looking to expand our community to other games, including Tera, ArcheAge and obviously, defiance (and many more games to come)!

What does The Art of War offer?
• A casual community that likes to get stuff done, but in a casual atmosphere. We play to have fun, not as a job. We won’t force you to do anything you don’t want, and we don’t get angry at our members. A friendly, fun and respectful play environment
• A community in which each member matters, no one is a nameless member, and everyone's feedback matters
• A guild that is eager to see content but will not sacrifice fun in order to do it
• A frequently updated website
• A Ventrillo Server
• Contests for many of our games
• A casual yet superior focus on both PvP and PvE (we do both!)
• A great place to call home for defiance, and any other game you are looking to play!

<The Art of War> is looking for members who:
-Want to have fun regardless of what happens to be going on
-Realize that the strength of the team matters more than the strength of any single player
-Have a sense of humor and can enjoy the lighter side of literally anything
-Most of all, members who love gaming in general and enjoy sharing their other hobbies as well

What we are NOT:
-We are not a guild that pressures players into roles they are not comfortable with
-We are not a guild that forces players into set playtimes
-We are not a guild that puts up with drama and elitism
-We are not a guild that will help propel only 1 member to the top at the cost of helping the entire team

If this sounds like the guild for you, be sure to visit our site and put in an app at http://taowgaming.enjin.com/taowdefianceapplication (Almost everyone is accepted, this is just how you get entered into our website). I hope you all are just as excited for defiance as we are, and can't wait to hear from you!

Thanks!

Sounds good,but i'm guessing it's PC players only?

Muffinman
02-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Welcome to the community. Good luck with your guild success.

Thanks, can't wait for launch :D

Sounds good,but i'm guessing it's PC players only?

Ah yea, sorry man, I forgot to put that in there. Its updated now. I hope you find a good guild on console :(

Muffinman
02-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Can't wait for launch, already got my Collectors edition pre ordered =)

Muffinman
02-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Just had someone ask us what region we are going to be playing in.
We are a North American guild that will be playing on the North American servers. We accept all countries though.

Thanks =)

saeleth
02-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Bump for a great group!

Muffinman
02-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Still looking for more, come join us!

We have
http://bakingbites.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/chocomuffin1.jpg
:D

Muffinman
02-11-2013, 06:06 PM
In addition to our normal spots, we are currently in need of Officers to help run the defiance branch. If interested, please PM me on our website, or through this forum. Thanks =)

Muffinman
02-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Come join us!!!! :D

Muffinman
02-16-2013, 05:20 PM
Less then 2 months to go, get ready!! =)

Shifter
02-16-2013, 07:52 PM
some familiar names hmmm

FistofGod
02-17-2013, 04:52 PM
I can't use the site for the guild b/c I get the Add Game Character pop up window for Rift. The problem is I don't play Rift so I don't have character for that game. What do I do?

Muffinman
02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
I can't use the site for the guild b/c I get the Add Game Character pop up window for Rift. The problem is I don't play Rift so I don't have character for that game. What do I do?

Sorry for the late response, didn't notice you replied. You shouldn't have to add a character for anything on the site besides signing up for Rift events. You should be able to post on the forums and everything fine. What exactly are you trying to do on the site?

Thanks!

Muffinman
02-21-2013, 04:26 PM
some familiar names hmmm

Hmmm.. I think I remember you, what guild were you in when you were playing Rift?

Muffinman
02-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Just over a month till launch, get ready! =)

Muffinman
03-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Still looking for more =)

Solace
03-04-2013, 10:32 AM
I have applied, you will probably notice that I am in crescendo on enjin. It was a decent gaming group while it lasted but we have gone our separate ways with games and hardly any of them will be playing defiance. So I figured its time to find a group that will.

Muffinman
03-04-2013, 02:39 PM
I have applied, you will probably notice that I am in crescendo on enjin. It was a decent gaming group while it lasted but we have gone our separate ways with games and hardly any of them will be playing defiance. So I figured its time to find a group that will.

Awesome, thanks for joining us! =)

Muffinman
03-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Remember, we are PC only. Still getting people applying thinking we are an xbox or ps3 clan/guild :P

ThanosPrime
03-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Just joined up, looking forward to this!

Muffinman
03-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Just joined up, looking forward to this!

Awesome, welcome! :D

Kleptobrainiac
03-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Joined. Looking forward to running with you guys. :cool:

Muffinman
03-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Joined. Looking forward to running with you guys. :cool:

Awesome, can't wait to have you! =)

Muffinman
03-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Just over 3 weeks go go!!! =)

lutheran
03-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Will think about it sound good

Muffinman
03-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Will think about it sound good

Awesome! :)

Muffinman
03-12-2013, 03:45 PM
19 Days left!!!! O.O

Muffinman
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Who's ready for beta 3!?!

Kleptobrainiac
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Let the countdown begin!

SparklingNugs
03-13-2013, 07:15 PM
I'd like to charge Muffinman with treason & colluding with the enemy. He's got pockets in [RUS].

Physic
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Id like to second that charge. I would also like to add
- IRL ********** with his poor cat marbles
- various other conspiracies involving vaseline and a pack of pre smoked menthol cigarettes.

Muffinman
03-14-2013, 04:58 PM
I'd like to charge Muffinman with treason & colluding with the enemy. He's got pockets in [RUS].

Id like to second that charge. I would also like to add
- IRL ********** with his poor cat marbles
- various other conspiracies involving vaseline and a pack of pre smoked menthol cigarettes.

Shhhh!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m913lqiCLu1qkkp7y.gif

Muffinman
03-18-2013, 11:05 AM
2 weeks till launch, get ready!!!

Solace
03-18-2013, 07:03 PM
yo we should hook up in the beta weekend on the 22nd I will be named Solace and if that is taken I will go by the name Kialrien

xZerox
03-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Do you guys play on the East or West coast or both?

saeleth
03-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Bump for being almost to launch! We have begun to build a nice group of folks for Defiance and would love to have even more of you join up!

Muffinman
03-20-2013, 04:15 PM

We are not a Time Zone specific Guild. I live closer to the East Coast, but I know we have plenty of West Coast people. too =)

saeleth
03-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Bump back to the top!

saeleth
03-24-2013, 09:52 PM

Our goal is to have players from both time zones so we can accommodate everyone who wants to play :)

xZerox
03-25-2013, 12:12 AM
Our goal is to have players from both time zones so we can accommodate everyone who wants to play :)
I just didnt wanna join a clan that was primarily working on a different time zone. However you mission statement looks like what im looking for in game so I applied. though i think my name on enjin is Nureru (from warcraft). See ya on april 2nd in game.

Muffinman
03-31-2013, 06:13 PM
I just didnt wanna join a clan that was primarily working on a different time zone. However you mission statement looks like what im looking for in game so I applied. though i think my name on enjin is Nureru (from warcraft). See ya on april 2nd in game.

Cya then =)

Just over 24 hours GET READY!!! =)

Muffinman
04-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Under 12 hours!!!

http://memedepot.com/uploads/500/931_1249616182964.jpg

Muffinman
04-01-2013, 11:50 AM
9 Hours Left!!!

Pantero44
04-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I Just applied to the Guild. I HOPE that I will be accepted soon...:)

Kenzo Mikamura
04-02-2013, 04:01 AM
I have also sent in an app for the guild.

Muffinman
04-02-2013, 07:02 AM
Welcome aboard guys =)

Kenzo Mikamura
04-02-2013, 07:50 AM
Name ingame is Kenzo Mikamura

Muffinman
04-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Name ingame is Kenzo Mikamura

Welcome! =)

We run nightly Co-op missions and Shadow War/PvP, come join the fun! =)

Muffinman
04-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Had some great fun in shadow war tonight :)

Muffinman
04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Getting new members every day, join us! =)

Muffinman
04-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Can't wait for the show on Monday! =)

Muffinman
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm surprised, the show was actually pretty damn good! =)

Muffinman
04-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Whos ready for episode 2 tommrow?!? =)

Pantero44
04-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Was ready...saw it...and it STILL keeps getting better! More intriguing everyday both show and game....:)

Muffinman
04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Was ready...saw it...and it STILL keeps getting better! More intriguing everyday both show and game....:)

Yep, this is the one TV show in years, that I have actually watched consistently =)

Muffinman
04-27-2013, 05:42 AM
Episode 3 is looking pretty good =)

Muffinman
05-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Recruiting more Active players!

Muffinman
05-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Can't wait for the first DLC :P

Muffinman
05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Episode 4 tonight! =)

Muffinman
05-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Loved episode 4!

Recruiting for co-op, arkfalls and PvP =)

Sycarius
05-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Come on guys, Enjoy a Great movie and Game with us, I mean muffins are muffins can you resist the urge?!

Muffinman
05-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Come on guys, Enjoy a Great movie and Game with us, I mean muffins are muffins can you resist the urge?!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE_JzVvCaj-1OuwbhHIe8EuWLxQA66zwe1tTOWMqgoynnTRM-p

;)

Muffinman
05-09-2013, 04:04 PM
The First DLC is looking nice!!

ENTER THE CASTITHAN
(or imagine flashy name that evoke deep emotions)
You get this when you buy the DLC for $10:
– Access to play the Castithan Species
– Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
– Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
– Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
– A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
– A unique Castithan version of an outfit
– A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
– Access to New Pursuits
– New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements
You get this in the DLC for free:
– Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
– Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
– Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
– Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
– Join a friend into the Battle Arenas Game Mode
– Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
– Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
– Select a new voice for you character
– Multitude of game improvements from UI to content
You can buy these individually from the store:
– New Mods that tint the color of your Castithan Blade
– Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons
– More versions of the Raptor, the new 4 player truck of doomed compensation
– Character Customization changes: Appearance change, name change, or everything change

=)

enide
05-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Posted up an application on your site. I like muffins. Muffinmen... well that is to be determined.

-Khy

Muffinman
05-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Posted up an application on your site. I like muffins. Muffinmen... well that is to be determined.

-Khy

Welcome! =)

Blutkiefer
05-13-2013, 03:42 PM
The clan "The Blackhawks" LOOKS MORE GAMER
The clan "The Blackhawks" looking for common birds play
Hallihallo love or evil ark hunters!
As you probably already could you see from the title, we are looking for odd birds common daddeln of Defiance.
We are so far only a small "bunch" but hope that we can change that with your help!
We are a fun clan to Real Life goes on, Also we are starting smaller events such as a pair of races among us for fun and of course to the **** s money to win!
And many many other funny things.
But there are of course also Ark case, Together gone co-op missions PvP etc.
Sooooo we now come to the time we can offer you and what we look for in you

What we offer:
A sensible clan "climate"
Ts 3 a server
The opportunity with the world's best players to gamble (little joke on the edge, D)
We have not thought ... but when you say, "Hey you old sock it Währe cool if you would also make a Hp times" Then we will one probably it. Across a homepage translate into action

Now we come to the important stuff and times of life, namely, what we expect of you!

What we expect:
A certain spiritual maturity ...
Enjoy the game
and the Währe it already for the moment

So now talked enough, you have interest, you want to be an eagle, then come to us and let us go together to hunt.
Just write in the forum

The Mfg. your clan "The Blackhawks"

Der Clan "The Black Hawks" sucht vögel zum gemeinsamen spielen :)
Halli hallo Liebe oder auch Böse Archenjäger!!!
Wie ihr sicherlich schon aus den Titel entnehmen konntet suchen wir schräge Vögel zum gemeinsamen daddeln von Defiance.
Wir sind bisher nur ein kleiner "Haufen" aber hoffen das wir dies ändern können mit eurer Hilfe!!!
Wir sind ein Fun Clan dem das Reallife vorgeht, Desweiteren werden wir kleinere Events Starten wie z.B. ein Paar Rennen unter uns aus Spaß und um Natürlich das ****e Geld zu Gewinnen!!!
Und noch viele viele andere Lustige dinge.
Aber es werden natürlich auch Archenfalls zusamm gegangen Ko-op Missionen PvP usw.
Sooooo kommen wir nun mal zu den was wir euch bieten können und was wir uns von euch erhoffen

Was bieten wir:
Ein Vernünftiges Clan "Klima"
Ein Ts 3 Server
Die Möglichkeit mit den Weltbesten Spielern zu Zocken (kleiner Witz am Rande ;D)
Über eine Hompage haben wir uns noch keine Gedanken gemacht...aber wenn ihr sagt "Hey du alte Socke es währe cool wenn du auch mal eine Hp machen würdest" Dann werden wir es vllt. in die Tat umsetzen

Nun kommen wir mal zu den wichtigen dingen des Lebens nämlich was wir von euch erwarten!!!

Was erwarten wir:
Eine gewisse Geistige Reife...
Spaß am Spiel
und das währe es schon für den moment

So nun genug gequatscht, ihr habt interesse, ihr wollt ein Adler werden, dann kommt zu uns und lasst uns gemeinsam auf Jagd gehn.
Schreibt einfach hier im Forum

Mfg eure Der Clan "The Black Hawks"

Muffinman
05-16-2013, 07:11 PM
The clan "The Blackhawks" LOOKS MORE GAMER
The clan "The Blackhawks" looking for common birds play
Hallihallo love or evil ark hunters!
As you probably already could you see from the title, we are looking for odd birds common daddeln of Defiance.
We are so far only a small "bunch" but hope that we can change that with your help!
We are a fun clan to Real Life goes on, Also we are starting smaller events such as a pair of races among us for fun and of course to the **** s money to win!
And many many other funny things.
But there are of course also Ark case, Together gone co-op missions PvP etc.
Sooooo we now come to the time we can offer you and what we look for in you

What we offer:
A sensible clan "climate"
Ts 3 a server
The opportunity with the world's best players to gamble (little joke on the edge, D)
We have not thought ... but when you say, "Hey you old sock it Währe cool if you would also make a Hp times" Then we will one probably it. Across a homepage translate into action

Now we come to the important stuff and times of life, namely, what we expect of you!

What we expect:
A certain spiritual maturity ...
Enjoy the game
and the Währe it already for the moment

So now talked enough, you have interest, you want to be an eagle, then come to us and let us go together to hunt.
Just write in the forum

The Mfg. your clan "The Blackhawks"

Der Clan "The Black Hawks" sucht vögel zum gemeinsamen spielen :)
Halli hallo Liebe oder auch Böse Archenjäger!!!
Wie ihr sicherlich schon aus den Titel entnehmen konntet suchen wir schräge Vögel zum gemeinsamen daddeln von Defiance.
Wir sind bisher nur ein kleiner "Haufen" aber hoffen das wir dies ändern können mit eurer Hilfe!!!
Wir sind ein Fun Clan dem das Reallife vorgeht, Desweiteren werden wir kleinere Events Starten wie z.B. ein Paar Rennen unter uns aus Spaß und um Natürlich das ****e Geld zu Gewinnen!!!
Und noch viele viele andere Lustige dinge.
Aber es werden natürlich auch Archenfalls zusamm gegangen Ko-op Missionen PvP usw.
Sooooo kommen wir nun mal zu den was wir euch bieten können und was wir uns von euch erhoffen

Was bieten wir:
Ein Vernünftiges Clan "Klima"
Ein Ts 3 Server
Die Möglichkeit mit den Weltbesten Spielern zu Zocken (kleiner Witz am Rande ;D)
Über eine Hompage haben wir uns noch keine Gedanken gemacht...aber wenn ihr sagt "Hey du alte Socke es währe cool wenn du auch mal eine Hp machen würdest" Dann werden wir es vllt. in die Tat umsetzen

Nun kommen wir mal zu den wichtigen dingen des Lebens nämlich was wir von euch erwarten!!!

Was erwarten wir:
Eine gewisse Geistige Reife...
Spaß am Spiel
und das währe es schon für den moment

So nun genug gequatscht, ihr habt interesse, ihr wollt ein Adler werden, dann kommt zu uns und lasst uns gemeinsam auf Jagd gehn.
Schreibt einfach hier im Forum

Mfg eure Der Clan "The Black Hawks"

Uhhhh... Thanks for the bump I guess?... :P

Reland Gil
05-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Just put my application in. Hope to hear from you soon!

Muffinman
05-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Just put my application in. Hope to hear from you soon!

Accepted, welcome to the clan!:cool:

Muffinman
05-20-2013, 03:07 PM
I like muffins

Muffinman
05-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Join us if you like muffins! (or even if you don't :P) =)

Ghideon
05-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Just applied to your clan, hope I get to meet you guys in-game soon!

Muffinman
05-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Just applied to your clan, hope I get to meet you guys in-game soon!

Welcome! =)

Muffinman
05-30-2013, 09:56 PM
Getting ready for the first DLC!

Muffinman
06-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Absolutely loving sieges!

Muffinman
06-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Mmmm, loving zombies =)

Muffinman
06-14-2013, 10:06 AM
If you missed it, heres an interview with Nolan from the show and some footage of the new DLC!

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/c/2416743

Muffinman
06-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Episode 9 tomorrow! =)

Muffinman
07-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Still recruiting. We now have over 55 members in the clan, help us reach 100!! =)

Muffinman
07-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Gearing up for the first DLC coming out this month. Come Joins Us!!! =)

Muffinman
07-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Just had some fun running around as a Clan doing Arkfalls and Shadow Wars. Come Join us!!!

Randro
07-15-2013, 11:16 PM
I would like to join, My in game name is Randro. I also registered on the sites as well.

Muffinman
07-16-2013, 02:41 PM
I would like to join, My in game name is Randro. I also registered on the sites as well.

Awesome, welcome to the clan! =)

Muffinman
07-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Recruiting for DLC 1! Come join us!!

Muffinman
08-14-2013, 03:05 PM
The DLC Releases next week! CAN'T WAIT!! =)

Astartex
08-14-2013, 03:39 PM
hello guys, i would like to join you and i applied in your website, but i have some little trouble with microphone so i can't use it always, that's why i want to know if it's obligate to use mumble or not (sry for the faults :) ).
my in-game name is: Astartexe
see you in game.
good game & enjoy

Edit01: i don't think i can join you :'( cuz i play on EU servers :(

Muffinman
08-16-2013, 02:30 PM
hello guys, i would like to join you and i applied in your website, but i have some little trouble with microphone so i can't use it always, that's why i want to know if it's obligate to use mumble or not (sry for the faults :) ).
my in-game name is: Astartexe
see you in game.
good game & enjoy

Edit01: i don't think i can join you :'( cuz i play on EU servers :(

Sorry about the mix up, I put our region more clearly near the top :/

Muffinman
08-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Just had a blast with the new Dark Matter arkfall.

Still recruiting!

Foxdale
08-22-2013, 12:22 AM
hello
i would like to join. i registered on the site.

IGN: Emily Foxdale

update: sorry i found one