PDA

View Full Version : Why Boosts?

Estarriol
08-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Apologies if this is a dumb new player question (feel free to add it to the dumb new player question thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172997-What-is-the-funniest-thing-you-ve-heard-from-a-noo...new-player) if it qualifies) but I was wondering why one would get a patron pass or boosts in general.

It seems like the content scales to your current ego rating, so once you get a decent amount of perks (at around 1000 ego) wouldn't you want to just level more slowly in order to get the most usage and lifespan out of your weapons before they get too outdated for *your* ego rating?

With the exception of a few co-op missions, it seems like there is no content you can't do regardless of what your current ego rating is. When I got my friend to try out Defiance the very first thing I took him to was a Volge incursion in San Francisco. He was running around with like 20 or 30 Ego rating and managed to place in the top 10.

SilverWF
08-29-2014, 10:45 AM
With the exception of a few co-op missions, it seems like there is no content you can't do regardless of what your current ego rating is. When I got my friend to try out Defiance the very first thing I took him to was a Volge incursion in San Francisco. He was running around with like 20 or 30 Ego rating and managed to place in the top 10.

Only if there was 10 players

SF - area not for noobs. Noobs can bring increasing Threat Level and explosive weapons and nothing useful

drake
08-29-2014, 11:02 AM
there are only a few boost worth it and the rep and scrip are always good. need money and rep to get more weapons and stuff easier

Bonehead
08-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Why Boosts?

So Trion can get money out of the game.