PDA

View Full Version : Shields

Lokkstwice
08-29-2014, 07:21 PM
If you have 2 shields and say 2039 capacity. My thinking is once you lose 2039you are down to one shield so that would be another 2039. However I have been put in a downed state without losing any shields. I don't understand this can anyone explain.

Drunk
08-29-2014, 07:32 PM
u can only have 1 shield per loadout and if ur a low level shields mean nothing if the threat level increases...... in essence ur dead if anything high level flatulates in ur general direction!

Lokkstwice
08-29-2014, 08:28 PM
What I meant by 2 shields is that in the shield itself it shows 2 shield symbols instead of one. So from what your saying is that I wont get double the capacity. Say the capacity is 2320 then I won't get 4640 before I start eating into my health bar. In other words the 2 shield symbols instead of one means nothing?

So say I do get hit by a real tough mob why won't he diminish my shield before my hit points. In other words when I revive why wouldn't my shield emblem be empty?

Chump Norris
08-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Those are armor plates they provide you with damage reduction. I think it was 10% reduction per plate but I could be wrong on the number.

Snib
08-29-2014, 08:44 PM
What I meant by 2 shields is that in the shield itself it shows 2 shield symbols instead of one. So from what your saying is that I wont get double the capacity. Say the capacity is 2320 then I won't get 4640 before I start eating into my health bar. In other words the 2 shield symbols instead of one means nothing?

So say I do get hit by a real tough mob why won't he diminish my shield before my hit points. In other words when I revive why wouldn't my shield emblem be empty?

As the poster above said, each armor icon adds 10% damage reduction. A mob will hit your shields first, but the armor plates usually only get destroyed when hit by specific nano effects, e.g. the biological nano from hellbugs. So you can well die with all your plates intact, but you can also lose all your plates with your shields still up. Those are separate mechanics.