PDA

View Full Version : Dueling could do with some balancing too...

crazyged
08-31-2014, 02:07 AM
So I decided to go for my dueling wins...

Being of utmost suckiness at Defiance pvp, I was expecting it to be a bit of a grind.

A fellow clanny kindly offered to duel me and I accepted.

Now, I'm close to 5700 and they were only 600 or so, but I thought they would be buffed up to compensate.
The duel starts, I barely blip my trigger and they're down. I think my weapon is too OP, so I find the crappiest thing in my inventory and fire wildly to give them a chance. I've got a Respark equipped and it keeps on recharging before they can get close to wearing it down. I felt so guilty, I eventually unequipped my shield altogether and played dumb so they could get some kills in.

Now I'm struggling to get my 100 duels, because there are hardly any high egos around and I haven't got the heart to challenge the lower guys!

It's not easy being a finely tuned killing machine, you know! (Even though I secretly know I'm actually really bad at this sort of thing!)

Atticus Batman
08-31-2014, 02:42 AM
So I decided to go for my dueling wins...

Being of utmost suckiness at Defiance pvp, I was expecting it to be a bit of a grind.

A fellow clanny kindly offered to duel me and I accepted.

Now, I'm close to 5700 and they were only 600 or so, but I thought they would be buffed up to compensate.
The duel starts, I barely blip my trigger and they're down. I think my weapon is too OP, so I find the crappiest thing in my inventory and fire wildly to give them a chance. I've got a Respark equipped and it keeps on recharging before they can get close to wearing it down. I felt so guilty, I eventually unequipped my shield altogether and played dumb so they could get some kills in.

Now I'm struggling to get my 100 duels, because there are hardly any high egos around and I haven't got the heart to challenge the lower guys!

It's not easy being a finely tuned killing machine, you know! (Even though I secretly know I'm actually really bad at this sort of thing!)

Yes the dueling is VERY onesided when facing weaker opponents. A clanmate and I did our duels together. We just used them as a way to test our weapons and builds. Fortunetly for us (well for me anyway since he was around 2k ego higher), it was before the threat levels were added.

Kanah
08-31-2014, 03:30 AM
It's probably the most unfulfillingly grindy pursuit in the game. At least with the 50 hour one you can just afk.

crazyged
08-31-2014, 04:35 AM
Woohoo, just finished it!

Found someone willing enough to grind through 75 duels and we spent the next hour blowing ourselves up!

Fun times...