PDA

View Full Version : Old player coming back, what to expect ?

Funkyplum
08-31-2014, 03:00 PM
Hello everyone,
I have finished all quests when the game came out and then stooped playing. Something is drawing me back to play cause there were lot of DLC`s after original game but looking on forums and comments of some ppl I ask myself is it wort it to play and what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

Griffix8
08-31-2014, 03:36 PM
Its going to be very different from when you left (depending on when you left). I'd suggest looking through here (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=195) to refresh yourself. Its a guide for returning players.

It hasn't been updated in a few months so some things may not be true anymore. The biggest one is possibly the rewards from events and things about lockboxes. A patch came out some time ago where they reduced the keys/Arkforge/etc as rewards from events while increasing the cost of the lockboxes (by 5x if I remember correctly).
Also, weapons tend to be in a state called "Encrypted", this means you cannot upgrade this weapon's rarity (and possibly a few other things, someone can correct me). Lastly there is a new landmass, Silicon Valley.

The Worldspace may not be quite as populated as you remember it to be....

Atticus Batman
08-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Hello everyone,
I have finished all quests when the game came out and then stooped playing. Something is drawing me back to play cause there were lot of DLC`s after original game but looking on forums and comments of some ppl I ask myself is it wort it to play and what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

Only you can decide if it is worth you coming back. That said, if you left because it got stale, then you will have that problem again in about a week or two, since you will run through most if not all the newer content by then. Check this link for things you may not have seen yet.

http://www.defiancedata.com/returning.php

Funkyplum
08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the respond so quickly. I left the game 15 days after the launch cause I did all the quests, UI was horrible, joining clans and communication was also horrible but i had a blast while going trough the story. Did all the Quests except the racing ones with the cars/bikes etc. Also I play on EU servers and most of active ppl i see on forum are from US.

Atticus Batman
08-31-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the respond so quickly. I left the game 15 days after the launch cause I did all the quests, UI was horrible, joining clans and communication was also horrible but i had a blast while going trough the story. Did all the Quests except the racing ones with the cars/bikes etc. Also I play on EU servers and most of active ppl i see on forum are from US.

There are plenty of active players on Eu as well. If you are looking for help and planing to stick around awhile, I am sure some of them would even volunteer to help, if they are on the same platform as you.

crazyged
09-01-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm on PC-EU.

Look me up - we're looking for clannies!

Player name: Sachek

Spiltmilk
09-02-2014, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the "Returning Players" link, that helped me catch up quick. I saw Defiance on Steam as F2P and decided to come back. Ran into a new player who was doing a Season 2 mission as her first mission... was asking me for help but I couldn't figure out how she managed to pass the Monolith into San Francisco. Did not know Devs took it out.

I was a bit bummed at the size of the population this past weekend (I'm on PC-NA) even though its F2P now.

Funkyplum
09-02-2014, 01:30 AM
I guess Original game is free but DLC`s are not. So maybe we need to have DLC`s to be able to go to San Fran? Dont know as you I just got back after like 2 years :D

Griffix8
09-02-2014, 01:35 AM
I guess Original game is free but DLC`s are not. So maybe we need to have DLC`s to be able to go to San Fran? Dont know as you I just got back after like 2 years :D
I would rather just have the Monolith gate guardian rather than pay 10 bucks to go to San Fran....

Atticus Batman
09-02-2014, 01:57 AM

anybody can go to San Fran. The only thing Dlcs allow you to do is start arenas and use dlc gear. Heck, without dlc you can even do the arenas, if a dlc owner invites you in. 99% of each Dlc was given to the whole community for free. The paid portion as I said is really just using the Dlc gear and being able to do the arenas by yourself.

Funkyplum
09-02-2014, 09:51 AM
anybody can go to San Fran. The only thing Dlcs allow you to do is start arenas and use dlc gear. Heck, without dlc you can even do the arenas, if a dlc owner invites you in. 99% of each Dlc was given to the whole community for free. The paid portion as I said is really just using the Dlc gear and being able to do the arenas by yourself.
Thanks a lot... tanananananananana..BATMAN !!! :D