PDA

View Full Version : Need help in combat

VictorZhao
08-31-2014, 10:03 PM
im a newbie , still don't know how some funtion and ingame system works. thought im a newbie but im already met some enemies are stronger than me , their shield are totally badass, like i can't break them with my weapons .
and important thing is i usually get myself killed, when there are no other players around how can i call for help ? so that i have to keep extracting , but i dont have much resources left to pay the fee .
i would appreciate for any answer that could help. thanks :)

Seizan
08-31-2014, 10:10 PM
Thanks to an update Trion implemented in the not so distant past, this game has become very "unfriendly" to new players. The difficulty scaling system makes it rather impossible for low ego players to survive during large scale public events.

My advise would be to do as much solo missions and contracts as possible to get your ego up first. Also look around for an active clan to join so that you'll have the option to group up with higher ego players who can help you out in sticky situations.

Maixx
08-31-2014, 10:33 PM
Above info is good, but if you want to to participate in dynamic events try -

Some are going to dislike this advice, as bmg's cause more lag, but another option is heals, you get points for heals & draw very little agro. You can also tap the damage trigger to tag enemies, but if your first to hit an enemy you will pull threat and that could be bad.
Watch for downed players, reviving another also gives a good kick in points.

Use cover to recover shields & watch your surrounding, don't get caught in the open.
On heavies (Viscera ect..) watch your threat/agro, let the higher ego establish some agro first.

LegendaryU2K
08-31-2014, 10:46 PM
Level up more, find new guns, it will get easy in the early part of the map. :)

Thanks to an update Trion implemented in the not so distant past, this game has become very "unfriendly" to new players.
It seems that way, but its really not. When i first played this game, it was hard. I'm like it takes like 6 shots to killed an enemy. However once playing more and playing it, leveling up , etc its a breeze now. So really it may seem unfriendly but its really not. Just a good challenge and good AI. Or the perfect AI.

Griffix8
08-31-2014, 11:39 PM
Just a good challenge and good AI. Or the perfect AI.
The AI is far from perfect...As for a good challenge, that depends on who you ask. The Threat Leveling can make things tedious as well as difficult due to the enemies becoming bullet sponges and being a low character (especially if you are new to the game) it makes it unnecessarily hard.

At the OP. Here is a few things that might help you:
1. Threat Level - Threat levels essentially boost enemies and players up Ego levels depending on the Ego Rating of people nearby. The more people and the higher the Egos the higher the Threat and thus the harder the enemies. As more players enter an event area that supports difficulty scaling the Threat Level will increase, making enemies more numerous and difficult.

2. Armor Plating - When you look above a player/enemy's head you will see a yellow shield, there may be up to 3 and some will be filled in and some may just be a yellow border. Those are armor plates. For every armor plate you see that character ignores 10% of whatever hits them. Bio (and I believe Incendiary) is suggested to take these plates down. If you don't it makes them that much tougher.

3. Critical Hits - Critical hits do extra damage to a target, find the weakspot and hit it as much as possible. These are generally headshots or hitting bright orange colored spots on an enemy. Weapons that do Critical Damage multiplier means that every time you hit a Crit Spot then you do the base damage of your weapon times the multiplier (high crit damaging weapons like an Assassin/Double Crit Wolfhound are very good).

4. Nano Effects - Weapons come with Nano effects, these are Incendiary, Biological, Syphon, Electrical and Radioactive. Each nano does something different.
-Incendiary lights enemies on fire for extra damage and they have a chance to panic.
-Biological takes down Armor platings well and has a chance of "poop shoes" meaning the enemy will have large globs of goop on their feet to make them slow.
-Syphon is essentially a vampire, you take small amounts of health from the target when you hit them.
-Electrical shocks enemies for extra damage and has a chance of electrocuting them (similar to making them panic with fire). And -Radioactive weakens targets while also bypassing part of their Armor Plating (this and bio are popular nanos).

I'd suggest reading through this page: New Player Guide (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=196)

Beathrus
09-01-2014, 12:11 AM
im a newbie , still don't know how some funtion and ingame system works. thought im a newbie but im already met some enemies are stronger than me , their shield are totally badass, like i can't break them with my weapons .
and important thing is i usually get myself killed, when there are no other players around how can i call for help ? so that i have to keep extracting , but i dont have much resources left to pay the fee .
i would appreciate for any answer that could help. thanks :)

If you tell us what platform you are on, PS3/PC/Xbox, someone might be able to help you. It might also help you find a clan faster! My only word of advice is though, Look for Plague Synthesizers. They are events with infected, one happens at Kenns farm. Just look at your map for 'em. Usually there is a place you can hide, up high or something and shoot down into the enemies if you can get a grenade launcher or some form of explosive you can level your ego up pretty fast with those events. Same with BMG's. Pretty much any weapon that does group/area damage.

SilverWF
09-01-2014, 12:58 AM
1st of all: TURN ON damage numbers in general settings tab.
2nd: just do not use Syphon, Electro or Fire nano weapons while you are newbie. Instead of that use Bio or Rad, or even without any nano.

SirServed
09-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Griffix neglected to mention the downsides to all the nano effects:

Incendiary = +50% damage to health, -50% damage to shields
Electrical = +50% damage to shields, -50% damage to health
Syphon = -25% damage done, -25% damage to shields
Biological = +125% damage to armor plates, -25% damage to shields
Radiation = Ignores 2.5 armor plates, -25% damage to shields

Griffix8
09-01-2014, 01:08 AM
1st of all: TURN ON damage numbers in general settings tab.
2nd: just do not use Syphon, Electro or Fire nano weapons while you are newbie. Instead of that use Bio or Rad, or even without any nano.
To clarify, Syphon and Electrical tend to be the weakest nanos. Fire is ok but Bio and Rad will be better. No nano (often referred to as lead) has higher base damage than a weapon with a nano.

Griffix neglected to mention the downsides to all the nano effects:

Incendiary = +50% damage to health, -50% damage to shields
Electrical = +50% damage to shields, -50% damage to health
Syphon = -25% damage done, -25% damage to shields
Biological = +125% damage to armor plates, -25% damage to shields
Radiation = Ignores 2.5 armor plates, -25% damage to shields
Thank you. I didn't post it cause I didn't know the numerical stats.

SirServed
09-01-2014, 01:12 AM
I wish there was some convenient way to teach all players about this stuff. It would make the game less difficult for those that simply don't know.

SilverWF
09-01-2014, 01:14 AM
To clarify, Syphon and Electrical tend to be the weakest nanos. Fire is ok but Bio and Rad will be better. No nano (often referred to as lead) has higher base damage than a weapon with a nano.

I've posted my short post just to avoid this really hard to understanding things for newbie.

But if you wish...
http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=15

VictorZhao
09-01-2014, 06:47 AM
thank alot guys for all the advices
and i found out that i really need some handy weapons , so where can i get some. not just weapons , the shield too , seem like nowhere to be selling shield. as i point my gun to a player it appear 2 or 3 shield icons , are they using mutiple shields as the same time or they upgraded their shield ?

vorxdargo
09-01-2014, 06:55 AM
OP i've been a fire user ever since i started. if your looking for a elemental base style you'll need to go into it fully. the same element on everything, guns, armor, nades, everything. this will help you learn the weak points of that element in almost an instant.
but as a new player i highly recommend SMGs to start with, not as much recoil but still a high fire rate. also try to find a "automatic Pistol" its a two shot burst style weapon you can switch to for a quick one-two when your SMG mag is empty.
rather then taking time to reload just quickly switch and use the pistol while you try to duck for cover.

PunMasterGeneral
09-01-2014, 11:52 AM
To get more armor plates, you need a better shield. As you get a higher EGO rating, shields will start to come with them. When you look at the shield in your inventory, it will show how many plates it has. As far as shielded enemies, you shouldn't be facing them until the 99ers, and you don't sound like you've been playing long enough to reach them. Did you by any chance accidentally accept the Season 2 mission at the E-Rep camp that takes you to San Fransisco? I had a friend who did that and ran into problems with Dark Matter, which might be what's happening to you. If that is the case, I recommend that you go back to Mt Tam and do the story and side missions there to get some gear and XP. Mutants make for much easier prey than Dark Matter when you're starting out.

vorxdargo
09-01-2014, 12:02 PM
To get more armor plates, you need a better shield. As you get a higher EGO rating, shields will start to come with them. When you look at the shield in your inventory, it will show how many plates it has. As far as shielded enemies, you shouldn't be facing them until the 99ers, and you don't sound like you've been playing long enough to reach them. Did you by any chance accidentally accept the Season 2 mission at the E-Rep camp that takes you to San Fransisco? I had a friend who did that and ran into problems with Dark Matter, which might be what's happening to you. If that is the case, I recommend that you go back to Mt Tam and do the story and side missions there to get some gear and XP. Mutants make for much easier prey than Dark Matter when you're starting out.

a new player shouldn't be in San Fran yet. you have to do the mission to destroy the huge machine first and you need to progress fairly into the story to do this.

PunMasterGeneral
09-01-2014, 03:41 PM
a new player shouldn't be in San Fran yet. you have to do the mission to destroy the huge machine first and you need to progress fairly into the story to do this.

I know. But there's a mission you can accept in the E-Rep camp, the first Season 2 mission, that will have you go there, and picking it up before you're ready seems to be a common mistake. And you can go to San Fransisco before you destroy the machine; you just won't have any missions there. By the time I got to that mission, I had been all over San Fransisco.

VictorZhao
09-02-2014, 12:21 AM
I know. But there's a mission you can accept in the E-Rep camp, the first Season 2 mission, that will have you go there, and picking it up before you're ready seems to be a common mistake. And you can go to San Fransisco before you destroy the machine; you just won't have any missions there. By the time I got to that mission, I had been all over San Fransisco.
Yeah thanks man, i didn't notice that san fransisco is too much for me to handle . I thought i just need to follow the main mission so i came to SF . So now i had to go back to the very first place and start leveling up huh ? :)) thanks for the shield problem and this san fransisco thing too

BarGod
09-02-2014, 12:58 AM
As a noob enemies don't focus on you at all. get an smg spray & pray becauseyou get points for evey enemy you hit. assist teamwork etc if you happen to catch a higher ego between reloads you might even get the ' killing blow' points