PDA

View Full Version : Is Scoring System Working as Intended?

TremerChrist
09-01-2014, 12:38 AM
I know it was nerfed to Oblivion, but it doesn't seem to be right. I see my opportunist points reach 2k to 3k while the mono is down, but my total score doesn't raise but a fraction of that. Is this the way its intended or is it clitched. There are other times that I can empty a couple clips into an enemy and not get any points. Thought it was lag, but my score never catches up. I just randomly start getting points again. I know there is a max on teamwork points, which is weird since teamwork is encouraged, but it shows as maxed.

Snib
09-01-2014, 02:22 AM
There are other times that I can empty a couple clips into an enemy and not get any points.

If you are solo shooting an enemy while others are around then you get no score for damage, only for kill. If, however, you are damaging an enemy that others are shooting or have damaged within the last x seconds (not sure how long) your score flies, no matter if anything dies.

That's why if you play for score you want to be as inefficient as possible by spreading the love (you still get bonus XP for kill shots so steal kills where you can).

Oh and they forgot to nerf the bonus you get for reviving someone so follow some new players around, train some mobs onto them to get them killed and keep reviving them.

No idea whether any of that is working as intended but I think we can all agree that it's terribad.

Blackwolfe
09-01-2014, 03:35 AM
You can rack up alot of points for healing people with a bgm as well. Which is what I do when I realise that there is no way in heck that warmaster is going down. (and I'm late to the party, so no score for pre-events)

Bonehead
09-01-2014, 03:45 AM
Is Scoring System Working as Intended?

I believe they think it is.

Tornad0s
09-02-2014, 08:31 AM
I believe they think it is.
It's very bad if so. Do any of them play his own game? I guess no.

Personally i want play with dps weapons but not with infector or bmg. I feel too that all score system is broken...