PDA

View Full Version : Defiance enhancement: Main city + real economy and marketplace

Arctic
09-02-2014, 09:24 AM
So I have been playing Defiance since it went F2P ... after a week I bought all S1 DLCs since game is rly fun when it comes to mayhem as there are all those main quests and plenty-full of random events as well as big events.

Now after playing for few weeks I'm srsly finding several things this game lacks and is also pretty much basic content in any and every good MMO game

Fistly a city ...

Well I have come across several fast travel locations out there ... that's cute, it rly is ... but why the hell is there no major city we can gather in and have all major structures at ... and please ... don't tell me it is due to fact Earth got devastated by aliens -.-

What I and most likely many other players would welcome in this game:

- storage (warehouse) where you could keep things for later use ... sucks a lot to have limited inventory.
// I'll buy retail to enhance my game with more storage and stuff but still that's not the point ^^

- Capital city where we could gather and organize stuff

- Clan houses where we could gather once we have a f-in clan :)

- Arena house so we won't have to travel into middle of nowhere ... srsly no point since we can fast travel so why not place it all under one roof

- Crafting house ... oh yes, ... and ability to craft .. srsly why can't we craft stuff since it's like basic of basics in any and every game. C'mon you can't be serious to keep this game at lvl of pay or cry.

- Shops specific with stuff ... shields, weapons, accessories to make us look cool, cloathing, armors, cars ... even jumbo-f-ing-jets if you would like that but so far we are pretty much made to run around for few useless green stuffs

- Small PvP arena with 5K ego to enter thingie ... srsly I doubt any dev played the game so far cause otherwise shadow war and competitive PvP wouldn't be 5,9K or ****. Tried it y-day again and yes ... higher the EGO better shield and weapons you get so when you run around with 2K ego and some terminator is against you you can hardly scratch him.

- anything else is for other to decide :)

Market and real economy:

- We do need some auction or market system ... I have sold many purple and orange stuff to vendors for sh***y prices since otherwise they can be only turned into salvage ... you want us to get that 1KK scrib? Give us a chance then ...

- as for economy ... this game is not giving you any reason you should get money since there is nothing you can do with them ... hell I got all my good gear from doing incursions and arkfall events all the time

That said it would be good you start making content that matters ... like you can purchase special outfit for 200K scrib that will look very good or special EGO supportive weapons and so on and so on ... don't wanna ruin idea of marketplace? Give them sticker non-treadable as in any other game -.-

PS: Your dev team is made of random guys from subway station in middle of nowhere or at least it seems that way so far since game looks pretty much same to me as when it came out ... glad I didn't buy it back then cause this is what I would get :)

PSS: Silicon valley update is useless time you spent behind your computers while making content as it is full of useless quests, random driving in middle of nowhere through some Alpha-based nothingness and random thoughts from some drug addicted somebody ^^

Wanna see difference of real update with new location? ... good, check out when Aion got Assault on Balaurea or when World of Warcraft got Lich King :)

EDIT:

If ppl start posting hate pots or stuff I don't rly care for I rly won't care :)
So all you high and mighty ppl can go and post them where ever... actually you can show them to your mom :D

PS: Some guy was troubled I have insulted EverQuest ... oh yes I do :) ... since we are now talking about next-gen MMO cross RPG/3PS so ... yeah EverQuest is a bit oooooooooof the way in here :)

DrTogobban
09-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Crafting house ... oh yes, ... and ability to craft .. srsly why can't we craft stuff since it's like basic of basics in any and every game. C'mon you can't be serious to keep this game at lvl of pay or cry.

There's crafting in Borderlands?

storage (warehouse) where you could keep things for later use ... sucks a lot to have limited inventory.

Like what? Without crafting what would you store? weapons you've completely out-leveled?

- Capital city where we could gather and organize stuff

- Clan houses where we could gather once we have a f-in cla

because lag.

- We do need some auction or market system ... I have sold many purple and orange stuff to vendors for sh***y prices since otherwise they can be only turned into salvage ... you want us to get that 1KK scrib? Give us a chance then ...

- as for economy ... this game is not giving you any reason you should get money since there is nothing you can do with them ... hell I got all my good gear from doing incursions and arkfall events all the time

your second point cancels your first. you got your good gear from doing events, that's where the devs want you to get it, or from lockboxes. there won't be a player market for the same reason they reduced ark forge.

Coyote Clive
09-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Yeah Arctic it's like you are imagining this as an RPG. What would you craft? There's no character class differentiation. Every toon has all perks and all powers available to them eventually.

Arctic
09-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Great point Coyote ... actually there is plentyfull to craft in MMOs ... depends on devs whcich stuff it will be ... 10+ years of MMos for me bro ^^

@ TOGO-something ... learn stuff about MMOs then you are approved to type me back :) however I will respond ...
- this is not f-ing picture base borderlands ^^
- yeah we would craft weapons and s**t ... check out any other "real" MMO ... guess not, you are an a**hole :)
- learn basic stuff about connection and stuff ... unlike you I have a diploma cause of that ^^
- ... yeah you rly are an a**hole .. go suck a dev or something ... same stuff I recommended after dropping Aion online after several years of playing and then it went F2P and pretty much went to graveyard :)

DrTogobban
09-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Great point Coyote ... actually there is plentyfull to craft in MMOs ... depends on devs whcich stuff it will be ... 10+ years of MMos for me bro ^^

@ TOGO-something ... learn stuff about MMOs then you are approved to type me back :) however I will respond ...
- this is not f-ing picture base borderlands ^^
- yeah we would craft weapons and s**t ... check out any other "real" MMO ... guess not, you are an a**hole :)
- learn basic stuff about connection and stuff ... unlike you I have a diploma cause of that ^^
- ... yeah you rly are an a**hole .. go suck a dev or something ... same stuff I recommended after dropping Aion online after several years of playing and then it went F2P and pretty much went to graveyard :)

ROFL. If you knew anything about the MMO genre, you would understand that there's a difference between an MMO and an MMORPG. As Coyote stated above, you are seeing this game as an RPG. My experience with MMO's pretty much go back to the launch of Everquest almost 14 years ago, I've played most for several years, and that's not counting the MUDs that existed before the internet as we know it today.

can you please explain "picture base borderlands"? I do not understand what this means.

What would you craft in this game? There is no need for crafting, because we don't really have any slots to put items like that in.

"Learn basic stuff about connection and stuff"... Umm, yeah, great example of your knowledge. That's nice that you have a diploma. Defiance already suffers from lag and connection issues. Adding a communal area would only compound the problems they are currently experiencing. I'm not employed by them to fix it.

I don't understand why you feel the need to personally attack and insult me, but that's pretty harsh and uncalled for.

Piers
09-02-2014, 02:57 PM
Arctic, i'm going to say this as simple as I can manage:

TRION already stated that they don't want to put a main town, an auction house, clan bases, or anything of the sort. And they don't listen to suggestions too much (Almost never) So good luck with all that.

Welcome to Defiance.

DrTogobban
09-02-2014, 03:01 PM
Arctic, i'm going to say this as simple as I can manage:

TRION already stated that they don't want to put a main town, an auction house, clan bases, or anything of the sort. And they don't listen to suggestions too much (Almost never) So good luck with all that.

Welcome to Defiance.

exactly. if they had any interest in creating any of those things, they'd have been implemented long ago. be nice to see some sort of crafted ark batteries though

hardy83
09-02-2014, 06:14 PM
They never said that they don't want to do a social hub or an AH, but that if they do want to do it, it's so far down their list of priorities that it may as well be never.

Irregardless, a social hub will do nothing if the game doesn't support it, and this games social features are pathetic. Aside from only recently fixing chat...barely, the is no real emote system...I think 4 or 5.
And with there being no AH, what are you going to do in a social hub with no social activities going on. lol
I mean our characters can't even sit down to RP some alcohol drinking, and trying to make a dance party would be the most pathetic dance party you would ever see in an MMO.
It would be an expansion effort to just get to the bare MINIMUM of what most MMOs offer in terms of social features.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if this game had an AH, a hub and more social features, but I mean, look out long it took to get the landmass that we did get?
Don't hold your breath is all I'm saying.

Covington
09-02-2014, 06:17 PM
I think Arctic is the reasons they haven't shut down the servers. New people who come in and go crazy buying the DLC that aren't worth it are the target audience. Now they have your money I am afraid you are now in the same boat as the rest of us who paid.

DrTogobban
09-02-2014, 06:19 PM
I'd highly doubt an AH is even being considered. it goes against the "long fulfilling chase" mentality lol

Tyrannos
09-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!