PDA

View Full Version : Account link question

Hellowutsup5
09-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Alright so I read you can't crossplay with pc/console
But to clarify, If I start playing Defiance on PS3 and link my account, can I or can I not download the PC version and play my character made on the PS3, on the PC?

If no, what is the point of linking accounts?

Griffix8
09-02-2014, 01:56 PM
If you play on PS3 you cannot transfer your character or anything they own to PC. Just like you can't play your NA character on an EU server, its a different section and there is no crossing between any of the platforms.

The "linking account" is to apply codes like the Episode codes or (during season 1) the 120 codes so that you can get extra goodies like a Patron Pass (the 120 codes gave you inventory slots, xp, a runner, etc). You link your account to your platform account so that you can receive the rewards.

Atticus Batman
09-02-2014, 03:50 PM
{snip}

The "linking account" is to apply codes like the Episode codes or (during season 1) the 120 codes so that you can get extra goodies like a Patron Pass (the 120 codes gave you inventory slots, xp, a runner, etc). You link your account to your platform account so that you can receive the rewards.

You also need to link your account if you ever want customer support, because the can only view your game account if it is linked to your Trion account.

Hellowutsup5
09-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Alright that clears up, thanks both.