PDA

View Full Version : castithan charge blade

silvercat
09-03-2014, 01:19 PM
is there another way of getting this sword other then buying the DLC? can someone trade this weapon?

bertonmai
09-03-2014, 01:25 PM
T4 lock boxes used to drop them. Don't think they do anymore. Swords are non-tradeable items.

If you want the sword bad enough, drop a dime and get the DLP.

Belle Starr
09-03-2014, 01:35 PM
I don't think u can get a sword at all without some DLC. U need the Thorn Liro vendor to buy the Casti sword, so u need that DLC. U need the 7th legion vendor to get to the 7th legion crate so need that DLC, and u need the chimera DLC to do the pursuit to get their sword. :p

The Thorn Liro, or first DLC, is the easiest because u can just buy the OJ version, although u need Thorn Liro rep that is easily earned in their arenas, and is the most powerful version of the charge blade. It took me forever to finally get the OJ version of the 7th legion sword after buying crate after crate after crate... :)

DrTogobban
09-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Can't confirm, but I believe there may be 3 DLC that allow you to wield a blade

Castithan Charge, reward or vendor purchase the items
7th legion - reward and lockboxes
Arktech Revolution - Pursuit

I think owning any of these 3 would allow you to wield a blade from that specific DLC, pretty sure that just having the CC DLC wouldn't allow you to wield a 7th legion sword and vice-versa.

BlackTalons
09-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Corporate espionage LockBox has been confirmed to drop it in the past (with a chance at a decent loadout synergy to boot).

Xaat Xuun
09-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Can't confirm, but I believe there may be 3 DLC that allow you to wield a blade

Castithan Charge, Mission reward or vendor purchase the items
7th legion - Incursion reward and lockboxes
Arktech Revolution - Pursuit

I think owning any of these 3 would allow you to wield a blade from that specific DLC, pretty sure that just having the CC DLC wouldn't allow you to wield a 7th legion sword and vice-versa.
just adding to make it clearer, since 7th don't have missions

7th Legion I might meant conflict, I think incursions are done before the last location, which I think is then called Conflict, correct me if I'm mistaken

Corporate espionage LockBox has been confirmed to drop it in the past (with a chance at a decent loadout synergy to boot).
the unfortunate part about getting one that way .. you'll still need the DLC to use 'em

bertonmai
09-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I don't think u can get a sword at all without some DLC. U need the Thorn Liro vendor to buy the Casti sword, so u need that DLC. U need the 7th legion vendor to get to the 7th legion crate so need that DLC, and u need the chimera DLC to do the pursuit to get their sword. :p

The Thorn Liro, or first DLC, is the easiest because u can just buy the OJ version, although u need Thorn Liro rep that is easily earned in their arenas, and is the most powerful version of the charge blade. It took me forever to finally get the OJ version of the 7th legion sword after buying crate after crate after crate... :)I got my oj casti blade from a t4 lock box during last yrs. extra life week. I did not own the DLP. I was able to use the sword. It is non-tradeable.

Subsequent patches may have changed this, but I do know for a fact that I was still pulling blue versions from t4's as late as a couple weeks ago.

DrTogobban
09-03-2014, 02:49 PM

7th Legion I might meant conflict, I think incursions are done before the last location, which I think is then called Conflict, correct me if I'm mistaken

the unfortunate part about getting one that way .. you'll still need the DLC to use 'em

siege. a conflict is a small open area, generally around a building or two with some set directives in addition to beating the baddies. most dailies for vbi/soleptor/top notch are conflict sites

BlackTalons
09-03-2014, 02:51 PM

Weapons from the Castithan Charge DLC do not require it for you to use them. That was the point of them being obtainable by non owners by being invited to Thorn Liro arenas. There have not been announced any plans to change this, the only thing that will change (not yet as far as I know) is the ability to purchase items from the Thorn Liro without the DLC. Players with a sword already in their posesion will still be able to use it. The rest of the DLC 1 weapons also drop randomly from normal combat.

Xaat Xuun
09-03-2014, 02:53 PM
I'll see if I can find it, but that is a change, just recently, or soon

BlackTalons
09-03-2014, 02:58 PM
I'll see if I can find it, but that is a change, just recently, or soon

• The Thorn Liro merchant no longer accepts transactions from ark hunters without the Castithan Charge Pack.
• Weapons on the Thron Liro Merchant now adjust to match the EGO rating of the ark hunter that purchases them.

From the now locked old PTS changes list. This has yet to show up on the 2.207 Patch notes, as Market pointed out here.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?173391-2.207-patch-questions

Also note that you can get charge blades from 7th Legion and Arktech Revolution DLC related activities (Amakuni Blade and Chimera Fang pursuit reward) requiring no previous purchase of DLC 1, they are still usable by owners.

Xaat Xuun
09-03-2014, 03:43 PM
was just going through all the patch notes and was going to post the same .. yeah . . looks like it's not been implemented on live , and only in PTS, which I cannot test if it really is that way ( in PTS ), since even my free account has all the DLC's in PTS

Awesome, so there is still a option for those that do not own the DLC, to obtain a Blade . . is still there

squidgod2000
09-03-2014, 06:23 PM
I gotten two from T4 lockboxes--one blue and one orange.

Athaysia
09-04-2014, 06:20 AM
Same here, I got one from a t4 lockbox as well and I don't have any DLC's at all.

DrTogobban
09-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Same here, I got one from a t4 lockbox as well and I don't have any DLC's at all.

but were you able to use them?

Snib
09-04-2014, 07:08 AM
but were you able to use them?

as was said before, all swords are usable by anyone. the "problem" is getting them, not using them.

Shienne
09-04-2014, 07:25 AM

There are charge blades with synergies on them now?

Xaat Xuun
09-04-2014, 12:36 PM
not sure if it has happened in live, but it has in PTS, before the patch that introduced the Corporate Espionage lock boxes to live
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171931-The-Way-of-Change-Synergy.-.-Question-for-Devs&p=1598859&viewfull=1#post1598859

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?171931-The-Way-of-Change-Synergy.-.-Question-for-Devs&p=1599334&viewfull=1#post1599334

most likely less boxes are being bought, then they were in PTS, so there is less reporting of such finds

BlackTalons
09-04-2014, 02:07 PM
The Windfall code reward is a T4 with the following description:

Contains 4 rare or better random weapons and shields. At least 1 item will be epic or legendary. Also contains 1 consumable item or up to 100 Arkforge. May contain a Charge Blade. May contain a bonus legendary jackpot item.

I can't check right now but this should fit all T4s in the game.

Rashere
09-04-2014, 02:15 PM
The Windfall code reward is a T4 with the following description:

I can't check right now but this should fit all T4s in the game.

I can confirm, it does. The T4s have a chance to drop a charge blade.

Rashere

DrTogobban
09-04-2014, 02:43 PM
I can confirm, it does. The T4s have a chance to drop a charge blade.

Rashere

Thanks Rashere. I was wondering if my thread regarding the legendary blade from the snake's bite II pursuit has been looked at?