PDA

View Full Version : wheres all the old timer of defince before f2p???

bigkevib
09-03-2014, 06:05 PM
been looking on the game and forum for any name i knew before f2p. i see hardly anyone that was on before f2p all the join date shows after f2p so what happer???? is it because they missed the game up with lock timer on the warmaster?? was that the last straw??:confused::confused::confused:

Bonehead
09-03-2014, 06:07 PM
You must not be looking very hard.

Bentu
09-03-2014, 06:08 PM
You called?

CRIXDA
09-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Day 1 Arkhunter in attendance.
I played the Beta when it opened.
I used to be a "Trionista" or a "White Knight" but I have tarnished and faded and fallen.
Now I am a dweller of the shadows, a Dawn Patrol prowler of the territories who cries for what this could have been - but I am still here as many of us still are.

bigkevib
09-03-2014, 06:11 PM
you one of the few on the ps3 there no one for the pass three days on the game over 2000EGO that ive ran into. and ive set just watching the text looking for a name i know and nothing

bigkevib
09-03-2014, 06:14 PM
crixda you would not be a juggalo would you if so whoop whoop

JadedSinn
09-03-2014, 06:39 PM
do not let join dates fool you in the forum. alot of us are day one arkhunters hideing in the shadows of the unknown refuesing to be seen by others for who we are.

well im not a day one but i am a vet. i came into the game shortly before DLC 2 was released.

we all have our reasons for disappearing. some the game. some new games. some just dont want to be seen or hurd :) we are out there. we are watching. and we are silent

bigkevib
09-03-2014, 06:42 PM
do not let join dates fool you in the forum. alot of us are day one arkhunters hideing in the shadows of the unknown refuesing to be seen by others for who we are.

well im not a day one but i am a vet. i came into the game shortly before DLC 2 was released.

we all have our reasons for disappearing. some the game. some new games. some just dont want to be seen or hurd :) we are out there. we are watching. and we are silent
its just on the ps3 it hard to get a expert co-op map going if all the vets stay in hiding

JadedSinn
09-03-2014, 06:48 PM
id think that all the vets on console are diping out due to stability problums on them. o.o alot of the ones i knew where consol users iv also noticed had disappeared from the forums. i think thay moved on.

if your in a clan why not ask them to run it with you ? if not.. i dont know what to say.

? im sorry ? good luck in your hunt for consol users on PS3 that are vets. you might find one some where.

DrTogobban
09-03-2014, 06:51 PM

indeed it is true

MadDogTremor
09-03-2014, 06:51 PM
< Hellbug destroyer since June 2013

Smiit
09-03-2014, 06:52 PM
JadedSinn nailed it. I refused to join the forums until March. Why? I dont know lol. But either way the more time I spend here the more I regret joining.

bigkevib
09-03-2014, 07:03 PM
looks to be everyone jump to the pc might need to try that???

JadedSinn
09-03-2014, 07:22 PM
looks to be everyone jump to the pc might need to try that???

not realy the PC vet numbers are low but due to the F2P modual in place there are alot of people that play day to day over on PC NA alot more on PC EU and not that many that are over ego 3000 iv met a few that where high ego like me and you in there or near 5k and up but most that are on are all low ego. between 100 - 3k the most i see of vets each day are all clan mates that have stuch around though hell and high waters and razer rain. but even then there mostly sticking to PVP and dont do PVE anymore. you can still get a good EX run from time to time if you ask them . it also dosent hurt to just drag along a buch of low ego players and carry them if your egos high enough. this helps out to.

try anounceing in zone chat that u need people for an Exspert run. or are looking for someone to run one with you. you might find a few people . thats what most people do when thay cant find someone to group up with.

also theres no real way to transfer from consol to PC not that i know of. and it might take talking to a GM though PM on here to figure out how it might be done.

Xaat Xuun
09-03-2014, 07:30 PM
I watched season 1

Maverick Panda
09-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm on ps3 almost daily but you probably won't run into me since I've been jumping from friend to friend trying to find those darn Control Grid minor arkfalls.

DrTogobban
09-03-2014, 07:40 PM
< Hellbug destroyer since June 2013

Daredevil?

Iceberg
09-03-2014, 07:42 PM
I'm still here, I know, it hurts for me too.

Holy Bahamut3
09-03-2014, 07:43 PM
We're around... Kinda...

Ed_Hazard
09-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Yup, been playing since beta. Have endured all the trials and let downs, but still holding out hope. I know how sad that sounds.

KeevanSixx
09-03-2014, 08:00 PM
"Pale Wars Ronin" since day 1 live. I skipped the beta....didn't want to spoil the "surprise" (guess the joke was on me). @Jaded: ego lvl is not a true measure of time spent in game. I was around 1k ego for well over a year due to extremely casual play, and only in the last couple of months have I reached beyond the 2k mark....I'm in no hurries to play.

but yeah....we're still here, skulking around, cappin' headshots, scrappin' loot, all mad max style.....

Ruinne
09-03-2014, 08:01 PM
We're all here 'cuz we're not all there.

Festival
09-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Still here, still enjoy the game, despite the frustrations. I've been raging mad more than once at some of the horrible decisions the dev team has made, but on the other hand, the game has some terrific aspects (and I really enjoy the show).

wartitan
09-03-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm still a forum stalker and show watcher, but I will be taking up the helm of the Guardian on my Xbox One come 9/9....the game is already installed on my hard drive.

In the meantime I picked up Warframe, free on Xbox One. Will hold me over for the next couple of days...

Belle Starr
09-03-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm still here and been in the game since July 2013 because I love the game! :)

I never got on the forums until my gaming computer got sick last December, so the only way I could get my Defiance fix was going on the forums with my work computer. I only started to get on and contribute to the forums regularly when the lags and disconnects started to get so bad this summer. Sadly, I'mon the forums more than I'm in the game these days... :(

Bonehead
09-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Sadly, I'mon the forums more than I'm in the game these days... :(

That's the natural evolution of a defiance player.

B4Ugo
09-03-2014, 08:42 PM
My M8s and I are on every day! I do the daily co-ops as many times as I can for the forge!! P S N and gamer tag are in my sig I'm on PS3 so hit me up and we will run some with you anytime!

Maixx
09-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Another "Pale War Ronin"
PS3
Played daily - Beta to launch day of 7th
Too much BS

Returned in July, my attitude now...
I invest nothing in this game (including more $$$), the second it becomes frustrating or the 12 year old noob storm of F2P gets on my nerves, the disk gets pulled and something else gets put in. I really don't care what Trion does anymore, the day i find something better (Destiny maybe) I won't be back.

It's just a game....

Leummas
09-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Well hi there sonny! Back in my day, they use to call this game Defiance Alpha. You might wanna check your eyesight a little, 'cause ther'a few "old timers" still around. Keep a stiff uppa lip, the true Arkhunta's still stickin' aroun'.

Griffix8
09-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Not day one but I've been playing since 2013 as well as a bunch of these other guys

OrpheusXI
09-03-2014, 10:05 PM
I didn't lie when I said I quit, I haven't logged in for almost a month now. Played since Beta, I don't think I'll ever play again, I actually think this game will be shut down this time next year. My friends say a lot of ps3 users quit, very few high egos online anymore and lots more said they are complete done on 9/9.

BarGod
09-03-2014, 10:13 PM
You ranng?

taco man 67
09-03-2014, 10:26 PM
we're around. I jump in every few days to see if they have given us a reason to play. but the key/forge payouts are still a joke

crazyged
09-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Yup, also a late joiner on the forums...

Chump Norris
09-03-2014, 10:56 PM
I log in do the expert coop of the day and try to get enough keys for a T4 Box.

Arsenic_Touch
09-03-2014, 11:09 PM
On Firefall and ESO. We still have a presence in game but even the most die hard of players have moved on. I only pop on here time to time to see what else got screwed up. Haven't been disappointed yet.

Atticus Batman
09-04-2014, 04:56 AM
Op this right here is your answer

I log in do the expert coop of the day and try to get enough keys for a T4 Box.

Most vets only do the expert co-ops if they are a daily or weekly contract. Then they do whatever daily weeklies the feel like after that, maybe kill a few random things or do an arena or 2 then log back out. I haven't been able to get it to work since the most recent patch. I am currently trying again, but may give up for the night and try again in a day or 2.

drackiller
09-04-2014, 05:06 AM
This was a Call to Arms lol, we are still here. And i`ll only stop being here in the forum if/when i`m banned and in the game till the servers shut down, but nowadays and like many others just to see how low can the game get and not because we want it.

squidgod2000
09-04-2014, 05:30 AM
i see hardly anyone that was on before f2p all the join date shows after f2p so what happer????

I've been preparing to play ArcheAge, quit after a month and come back here to ***** about how much Defiance sucks.

Etaew
09-04-2014, 05:34 AM
is it because they missed the game up with lock timer on the warmaster?? was that the last straw??:confused::confused::confused:
Older players continue to play, although certainly in my case not for very long anymore due to having reached what I consider to be a brick wall ending progression for my character.

crazyged
09-04-2014, 05:38 AM
I'm still deciding whether I want to do pvp to get that max level...

Defiance ain't like the old Quake and Unreal Tournament I used to play - I suck pretty bad at it!

Sliverbaer
09-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Older players continue to play, although certainly in my case not for very long anymore due to having reached what I consider to be a brick wall ending progression for my character.

Yeah, I started some PVP for more EGO pursuits. <sarcasm> Boy is that fun....</sarcasm>

Nothing like getting into the Cerberus and get right back out because it took 2 hits and blows up. Or waiting for Waterfront to queue up and end up on a team 2 vs 4. Good times.

crazyged
09-04-2014, 05:47 AM
Yeah, I started some PVP for more EGO pursuits. <sarcasm> Boy is that fun....</sarcasm>

Nothing like getting into the Cerberus and get right back out because it took 2 hits and blows up. Or waiting for Waterfront to queue up and end up on a team 2 vs 4. Good times.

I'm hoping it gets bad lag when I play, so I can shoot anything frozen in place...

Yes, I have no pride...

Dartaan
09-04-2014, 05:56 AM
Still playing just not as much. everything has been nerfed too much! I'll play less in 5 days.

MadDogTremor
09-04-2014, 06:06 AM
Daredevil?
Nah, just addicted, lol.

MasterThor
09-04-2014, 06:13 AM

Some have been banned from the forums and had to sneak back in. I won't name names, but I see you.

ChewyG2007
09-04-2014, 06:53 AM

Day one player here also. Have all the DLC's with the season pass & then some. Haven't even reached EGO 5000 yet (currently my EGO lvl is 3000+), and with DESTINY out on Tuesday, I don't know if I ever will. I TRY playing Defiance once a week, if that anymore, but I still come to read these awesome forums for my daily amusement. I just rarely post, like today:)

hardy83
09-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Whaaaaaat!?
I can't hear ya sonny! I'm too busy complaining about my arthritis and late social insurance checks.
Oh deary me. My hip fell out of place again.

I can't shoot hellbugs like I use to.....Oh my.

DrTogobban
09-04-2014, 07:02 AM
Nah, just addicted, lol.

Was referring to the title we got from the launch issues

Belle Starr
09-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Whaaaaaat!?
I can't hear ya sonny! I'm too busy complaining about my arthritis and late social insurance checks.
Oh deary me. My hip fell out of place again.

I can't shoot hellbugs like I use to.....Oh my.

LOL! :D

Whyyyy!?

I can't hear ya Defiance player! I'm too busy complaining about my lags and early disconnects! Oh deary me. My hip gun fell out of place again.

I can't shoot Trion like I used to... Oh my.

Loserface
09-04-2014, 07:19 AM
I kinda count.

Snib
09-04-2014, 07:46 AM
I'm still deciding whether I want to do pvp to get that max level...

Defiance ain't like the old Quake and Unreal Tournament I used to play - I suck pretty bad at it!

Get a sniper and a shotty, only minimal skill required. You'll have finished most pursuits after about 2h, after that it's 48h of afk'ing (or running PVE while in shadow war) to get that last pursuit that needs 50h in PVP.

drackiller
09-04-2014, 07:49 AM
Get a sniper and a shotty, only minimal skill required. You'll have finished most pursuits after about 2h, after that it's 48h of afk'ing (or running PVE while in shadow war) to get that last pursuit that needs 50h in PVP.

Not worth the trouble to me.

Snib
09-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Not worth the trouble to me.

Wasn't talking to you. But the shadow war thing is a no effort way for 2 free keys every couple of minutes regardless.

Iceberg
09-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Wasn't talking to you. But the shadow war thing is a no effort way for 2 free keys every couple of minutes regardless.

Going AFK and racking up the 50 hours is also a nice bonus.

Blackwolfe
09-04-2014, 08:33 AM
*raises hand*

Played alpha (vailanna) and beta (blackwolfe) then played up until just before the casti dlc released. But back in the game since 2-3 weeks.

In alpha my char looked like my avatar. Accidentally claimed the char recustomization from the casti dlc so I decided to remake my alpha char.

bigkevib
09-04-2014, 08:55 AM
I didn't lie when I said I quit, I haven't logged in for almost a month now. Played since Beta, I don't think I'll ever play again, I actually think this game will be shut down this time next year. My friends say a lot of ps3 users quit, very few high egos online anymore and lots more said they are complete done on 9/9. that what im seeing on ps3 all high ego player are gone from the game

TASHINKA
09-04-2014, 09:06 AM
its just on the ps3 it hard to get a expert co-op map going if all the vets stay in hidingI have noticed the same thing, shoot me a friend request & I will run co ops w/you. Some vets are still around but many have gone.

Johnny Ops
09-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Day one player, though due to extreme casual playing I was in the 1-2k's forever til last few months got into pursuit chasing and now 33**ego, on ps na in game name Johnny Ops if ya wanna rip anything sometime, though my game time is limited now due to a new babeh :) but I try to be on twice a week at least

Tyreethetruth
09-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Played beta then got the game in august of 2013. I'm still around on ps3 NA

Thearl
09-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Daredevil here -

Becasue Grenades - dropped to just trying to do weaklies (or weekly's if you prefer)
Because F2P - dropped to weekend logs only
Because last couple of updates destroyed server stability - Went back to WoT

drake
09-04-2014, 09:38 AM
been playing from july last year. do dailies and weeklies but no longer doin co-op maps done them to death. i will help launch but quickly leave. think that is how alot of 5k ego players are.

Overtkill21
09-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Not many of us Daredevils in game any more on PS3.

While I know there are many reasons for this, I believe "meh" sums it nicely.

bertonmai
09-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Been a PS3na daily player since July 2013. Used to log average 5-7 hours a day. Now lucky to stay on more than an hour.

Until new things are introduced, I don't see much reason for playing. I have all the gear I need/want. 98% of my clan have gone to other games. I see a few ppl on now and then, but only for fleeting moments.

ulquiorra72
09-04-2014, 11:15 AM
We're still here just in fewer numbers

Midori Oku
09-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Day one and beta player here!

crazyged
09-04-2014, 11:52 AM
We're still here just in fewer numbers

Yup, there are times when I feel as if I've stumbled into I Am Legend...

Belle Starr
09-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Yup, there are times when I feel as if I've stumbled into I Am Legend...

I just found out that the guy who got me into my clan left. I go on these days, and don't find any clan members on, when it used to be always 6-12 clan members on no matter what time I logged on. If I do find clan members, they are new members who just want me to get them in coops they don't have high enough egos to get in or to tell them where a DR is, not to chat at all. I always login to clan chat with a jaunty "Hi y'all!" - no one answers anymore! :(

I'm not a legend - I'm just alone *tearing up* :(

MasterThor
09-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Most vets are bored. There is nothing new to keep them playing and Trion keeps making crappy decisions (i.e. grenades, encryption, cutting payouts by 75%, etc.). Sure, they have a new wonder dev trying to fix all that crap, but it's too little too late for most. Plus they refuse to bring it to the current gen consoles where is could run much better, they refuse listen to reason and they have a history of blaming the players for "playing it wrong" or shaming them for being "lock keepers". Any one of the many major issues could be overlooked but when you put them all together, it's just not worth the hassle anymore.

crazyged
09-04-2014, 10:36 PM
I just found out that the guy who got me into my clan left. I go on these days, and don't find any clan members on, when it used to be always 6-12 clan members on no matter what time I logged on. If I do find clan members, they are new members who just want me to get them in coops they don't have high enough egos to get in or to tell them where a DR is, not to chat at all. I always login to clan chat with a jaunty "Hi y'all!" - no one answers anymore! :(

I'm not a legend - I'm just alone *tearing up* :(

Got the same problem. All the regular clannies have pretty much faded into history... apart from one that pops on occasionally, I'm the only one left over 5k. Sniff...

drackiller
09-05-2014, 01:07 AM
Day one and beta player here!

Did it ever evolved from that stage!?

N3gativeCr33p
09-05-2014, 05:35 AM
I'm a before F2P Defiance old timer. Still waiting on that F2P to happen on Xbox 360, though. I like free stuff as much as the next guy who paid full price for the game a long, long time ago.