PDA

View Full Version : Disruptor - Where To Find?

Chryste
09-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Hey guys,

I started playing Defiance a couple of days ago (via a friend who played the PS3 version and decided to switch to PC so we could play together). My ego level is around 350-380 at the moment (though, my e-peen level is somewhere in the millions).

At some point during my adventures, I received a purple "Disruptor". I called it "Barber's Blade, shaver of neckbeards". This thing had basically become my bread and butter in most encounters due to the burst fire and insane accuracy (my bolt action/shotgun combination wasn't cutting it in these huge arkfalls and sieges--though I still use and love them as my solo/mission loadout).

Anyways, I was cleaning out my inventory and breaking/salvaging items I didn't need and accidentally salvaged my prized fedora slayer. I searched all of the storefronts that I had fast travel access to and could not find a replacement.

Any idea where a simple gentlesir might find one? I'm hoping there's a specific mission line I can complete or town I can visit to get myself a new one, rather than banking on luck that one drops. I'd really like to get my hands on another purple one.

Thus far, I've completed a handful of arkfalls and sieges and have not yet seen even a white one drop.

Annouke
09-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Depends on the look of the Disruptor. There is 2 models well 3 if you count volge. Anyways, you can find them off enemies randomly, volge type from volge seige, or from Chimera (5k ego @ headlands). Rep vender at The Crater has also. You do get 1 from I believe the 3 or 4 to last main mission line in San Fran (green chimera model [ black/grey color])

Etaew
09-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Disruptor: (green reward from a side mission) http://www.defiancedata.com/weapons.php?m=219
VOT Disruptor: (drops and lockboxes) http://www.defiancedata.com/weapons.php?m=85
Votan Disruptor: (soleptor vendor and crate) http://www.defiancedata.com/weapons.php?m=135

drackiller
09-04-2014, 05:27 AM
I scrap them all ;)

crazyged
09-04-2014, 05:29 AM
Last time I used one of those was when I was around 600 Ego - loved that weapon...

...until I realised it was pretty rubbish!

Chryste
09-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the information, guys! I'll definitely go pick one up this evening.

I hope I don't come to that same realization as I had such a blast with it. I tend to come out on top (or 2/3) in sieges and such with it and my grenade lobber (though I mostly used the disruptor)... and that's when there seem to be high, high ego level players in the match because I get buffed to ego level 2-4k.

Telemachus
09-04-2014, 08:18 AM
May want to try a Thunder with a + 3 burst mode in it.

Seizan
09-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Collect Soleptor Reputation and try your luck at getting the Votan Disruptor from Soleptor Faction Boxes.

Chryste
09-04-2014, 09:58 AM
May want to try a Thunder with a + 3 burst mode in it.

I haven't yet seen a weapon entitled "Thunder" but I will see if I can't research where to find one! Thanks.

Chryste
09-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Collect Soleptor Reputation and try your luck at getting the Votan Disruptor from Soleptor Faction Boxes.

Thanks! I am unsure yet how reputation works but I'll do some research.

Are there any sites\wikis that are well-known and widely used for Defiance? Someone above posted a "Defiance Data" site but, honestly, it seems quite bare.

Seizan
09-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks! I am unsure yet how reputation works but I'll do some research.

Are there any sites\wikis that are well-known and widely used for Defiance? Someone above posted a "Defiance Data" site but, honestly, it seems quite bare.

Think of Reputation as credit/currency required to purchase weapons/boxes/titles from Faction Vendors (VBI, Top Notch Toolworks, Soleptor Enterprise, Echelon, 7th Legion, Paradise Faction, Chimera, Thorn Liro, Tarr, Defiant Few).

You earn reputation by completing specific tasks, often in the form of daily and weekly contracts for each of the aforementioned factions. These contracts include but are not limited to Conflict Sites (indicated on the map by a circular icon featuring the faction logo), co-operative maps, incursions, defeating certain enemies, etc.

The Faction-specific Lockboxes usually cost 100 Reputation.

Location of the faction vendors:
VBI Vendor @ Shondu's
Top Notch Vendor @ Top Notch Toolworks
Soleptor Vendor @ The Crater
7th Legion Vendor @ Over Pass
Echelon Vendor @ Muir
Paradise Vendor @ Iron Demon
Chimera Vendor @ Headlands Transit
Thorn Liro Vendor @ Diablo Lighthouse
Defiant Few Vendor @ Coit Tower
Tarr Family Vendor @ The Fork

Telemachus
09-06-2014, 05:30 AM
I haven't yet seen a weapon entitled "Thunder" but I will see if I can't research where to find one! Thanks.

http://www.defiancedata.com/weapons.php?m=84

it's like a SAW though with a greater mag size and a lower damage but a higher rate of fire. It's an automatic firing weapon so with a 3 round burst mod it is high dps. It has a good range unlike smg's though it's best used through aim type mode instead of hip fire.

Etaew
09-06-2014, 06:03 AM
Someone above posted a "Defiance Data" site but, honestly, it seems quite bare.

Ouch, there is plenty of content and data there. Although sometimes I need encouragement to improve the presentation.

I maintain 132 distinct pages which tie into 100 db tables for a total of 223k rows. Mostly by hand.

If there is something you are looking for which you are finding difficult to locate or doesn't contain enough information, let me know and I'll work on it.

Formulized
09-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Disruptors can be pretty deadly and definitely fun (post buff).

I have 80+ Legendary ones.