PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Connectivity Issues on 9/3

Scapes
09-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Following last night's ISP maintenance, our overnight team has confirmed a DDoS that is currently aimed at Trion's services. We're actively working with our ISP partners and the authorities on both mitigating its effects and ensuring this group gets caught.

Our live games are up. While the attack persists, there may be some effects on network stability and some website unavailability. You also may need to use the Resend Code option for our login security if the email doesn't reach you at first.

We'll keep you informed as the situation evolves.

Sonic7870
09-04-2014, 11:45 AM
has there been any signs of our accounts being compromised?

What I don't to do is send support ticket regarding lost character while still having locked loadouts, support team said they were looking into a fix

Scapes
09-04-2014, 12:03 PM
has there been any signs of our accounts being compromised?

No, this is not a security-related issue.

Lawnmandammitt
09-04-2014, 12:04 PM
I feel this should be stickied.....for a day or two at least

Holy Bahamut3
09-04-2014, 12:07 PM
I was wondering why I had difficulty logging in to the forums today.

BC001
09-04-2014, 05:16 PM
I wondered if the patch was making things unstable since I kept getting dumped yesterday and had a lot of trouble getting back on. A DDoS attack would certainly explain it.

It might be the account hackers showing their displeasure at the added layer of security, which is a good thing really since if they are frustrated enough to DDoS they are not getting in anymore. Kind of like someone kicking a vending machine after failing to shake and fish something out of it.

Chump Norris
09-04-2014, 06:15 PM
So some no lifers clogging the servers wasted time on my patron pass :(