PDA

View Full Version : Weapon EXP?

JerZey CJ
04-03-2013, 06:02 PM
How do you reset it and why does the maxed out exp of one weapon carry over to another weapon, how else am I supposed to level up that Weapon category?

russell733
04-03-2013, 06:04 PM
By using a new weapon, its not like you wont get a bunch dropping while your levelling one up

Bill Franolich
04-03-2013, 06:06 PM
It goes by weapon class, not by weapon

JerZey CJ
04-03-2013, 06:09 PM
By using a new weapon, its not like you wont get a bunch dropping while your levelling one up
But I switched to a new weapon, and the little EXP bar under the weapon picture is still maxed out.

Kane
04-03-2013, 06:11 PM
It goes by weapon class, not by weapon

it goes by both, once you have maxed a weapon xp you no longer advance in that weapon class unless you change weapon of the same type

as an ex, if u have a rifle named xvb and you have max exp with that, you need and can change to another rifle named xvb with different ego req or different rarity rating and you can progress further in that category

Valethar
04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
But I switched to a new weapon, and the little EXP bar under the weapon picture is still maxed out.

You may be confusing the two.

Weapon XP is shown on the weapon itself, above the damage stats.
Skill XP is what you're seeing in the UI when you're running around shooting at things.

They do not advance at the same rate, simply because switching from one AR to another will continue to advance the skill (assuming the weapon is not at max level) but he weapon XP only applies to the one you're shooting at the time.

Weapon XP does not carry over to another weapon of the same type. If you max out an assault rifle, and switch it for a new one you've never used before, that weapon will begin to accrue XP as you kill things.

Both the weapon and the skill will show a level up notice as you're killing things, which may be part of the confusion. The bar under the weapon on the main UI will only advance as long as you're using a weapon still capable of earning XP. This is why that bar looks 'maxed out' when you switched to a new weapon. It's close to leveling up the skill itself, not the weapon's XP, and should show a level up notice when it does, and then clear the bar and start over again.

nijraw
04-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Whats the point of weapon level, will it make that particular weapon better if it is maxxed out? I know about weapon level type but I fail to understand what's the point of weapon level for 1 weapon, is there a perk?

Kane
04-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Whats the point of weapon level, will it make that particular weapon better if it is maxxed out? I know about weapon level type but I fail to understand what's the point of weapon level for 1 weapon, is there a perk?

it gives an extra random trait to the weapon.