PDA

View Full Version : Choose Your Bonus Week!

Scapes
09-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Ark hunters,

We've got a week-long boost starting next week and we're inviting you to choose which one! While we'll be boosting XP rates by 100% from Friday, September 12 to Monday, September 15 for the newer recruits among you, we're also holding a bonus of the community's choosing from the list below starting Wednesday, September 10 until Wednesday September 17.

50% Faction Reputation Bonus
100% Salvage Bonus
25% Score Bonus
100% Scrip Bonus
50% XP Bonus and 50% Weapon Skill Bonus

Let us know in the poll attached to this thread!

Maixx
09-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Salvage & Scrip easy enough to get.

Xp & weapon skill are worthless to high ego characters.

1st choice (my vote) - score, good for everyone and helps with the AF/Key grind.
2nd choice would have been rep. but limited return based on amount of reputation events a player has access to (dailies/weekly events + exceptions)

PhantasieTrion
09-04-2014, 09:21 PM
but limited return based on amount of reputation events a player has access to (dailies/weekly events + exceptions)

Hi Maixx

This was, partly, the reasoning behind running the event from Wednesday to Wednesday (and let people know in advance) - the opportunity to run two weeklies with the bonus applied.

Market
09-04-2014, 09:42 PM
This is an awesome idea! I love the plan to start and end on a Wednesday, especially if Reputation stays at the top of the voting!

Oh, and I'm saying this completely tongue-in-cheek, so please don't slap me for it...

Scapes needs a time-out... Polls are against the forum rules! ;)

Chump Norris
09-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Polls are not allowed. Reported!

No but really this is cool of you guys to give us a choice.

Edit: Market me beat on the forum rules lol.

Nefarious
09-04-2014, 09:46 PM
This is very cool.

Obviously Higher Level Players want Rep boost for Rep faction mods/weapons. Don't need scrip and no longer need to level up so much.

100% scrip bonus? Now that is real good. I don't think ppl know that with 100% scrip bonus that the scrip amounts you pick up are 100-140 range from TL 5 enemies and more for anything above. Be making 5K stacks within minutes. Everyone would be rich. An over looked option.

25% score boost is real good also. Higher score = more Ark Forge. Every bit counts.

Low level players should be voting on 50% XP Bonus and 50% Weapon Skill Bonus like crazy. You will pretty much level up every 2 Major Ark Fall events to put that into perspective.

Im going to hold out on my vote to see where this leads.

Xaat Xuun
09-04-2014, 09:54 PM

BAH hahahahaha
really when I went to look at new post and saw the title of the thread before seeing who posted it, I was thinking . . 'oh someone is going to be in Trouble'

then I saw the poster name, and then came . . 'oh guess not'

tough choice between just 2 . . I did a coin flip . . in my head ,. . . not for realzies

N3gativeCr33p
09-04-2014, 09:55 PM
25% score bonus for me, pleaseandthankyou.

Market
09-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Edit: Market me beat on the forum rules lol.

Something to be said for great minds, sir. ;)

PhantasieTrion
09-04-2014, 10:01 PM

Looks like I may have to have a little chat with Scapes in the morning and give him a time out!

JK - We discussed it in advance and figured a poll was a good idea to see what people want for something like this (I have my bets as to what it will be :) ).

If people like the idea, we can do things like this for future events.

Maixx
09-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Hi Maixx

This was, partly, the reasoning behind running the event from Wednesday to Wednesday (and let people know in advance) - the opportunity to run two weeklies with the bonus applied.

Good to know! Less opposed to this individual boost now.

But i'm still opposed to the Xp & weapon skill as these bonuses do not benefit everyone (higher ego) like the other bonuses.
Just an opinion but i think you need to do the bonuses that provide a benefit to all. Let the F2P/lower E guys buy their xp bonuses like we had to do.
Xp is also far easier to aquire now even w/o boosts.

AllGamer
09-04-2014, 10:48 PM
while i voted for 100% scripts bonus

i originally also wanted to vote for 50% Faction Reputation Bonus, as it's the hardest thing to get in game, since no new missions are created until all the old ones are gone from the world map

yet, sometimes the Faction you want to work for, they don't even offer any mission until the next day (or something like that, at least that's how it feels)

Ideally in the world map there should be at least 1 mission from each for the Factions, instead of all 10 missions from the same faction, or perhaps 8 from one, and only 2 from another, while zero for all other factions.

internaut
09-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Rep is good

skepticck
09-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Nice idea, 50% faction rep for me pls :D

JadedSinn
09-05-2014, 12:38 AM
rep isent allways a good thing. im siting on huge stacks of it and im ego 5k (( finaly broke 5 k tonight woot me after a year of playing )) anyway. the best item on this list over all is the scrip boost. just like nef said with a 100% scrip boost and it ALLWAYS droping and being on the gorund and every where. within a few hours we could see people buying that nitorius box of doomage that cost 1,000,000 scrip that means it would also boost the ammount of people that get to see whats inside.

over all scrip is better then rep due to alot of rep venders (( atleast for me )) not selling anything i realy want nore need. everything i get is inside of lock boxes. and seeing as scrip is a little harder to come by now aday. i feel scrip would be the best idea to go with. where as rep is easyer to acumulate if people truly want it or need it .

MsDudette
09-05-2014, 12:53 AM
REP for me, to reach highest level in factions. Have scrip, ego, weapons, etc.

Menov
09-05-2014, 02:31 AM
REP+1 but 100% scrip bonus does sound good.

TriGlav 2000
09-05-2014, 03:12 AM
Definetly Score boost for more arkforge.

Atticus Batman
09-05-2014, 03:36 AM
while i voted for 100% scripts bonus

i originally also wanted to vote for 50% Faction Reputation Bonus, as it's the hardest thing to get in game, since no new missions are created until all the old ones are gone from the world map

yet, sometimes the Faction you want to work for, they don't even offer any mission until the next day (or something like that, at least that's how it feels)

Ideally in the world map there should be at least 1 mission from each for the Factions, instead of all 10 missions from the same faction, or perhaps 8 from one, and only 2 from another, while zero for all other factions.

Each faction always has a daily, and a weekly. To see what they are bring up the menu and go to the contracts. Not all are on the map, because some are co-ops or killing so many of a certain enemy type, and things like that. There are never 10 missions (contracts) for one faction on the map.

Lubber
09-05-2014, 03:39 AM
The arkforge gain from most of events is so low, that I don't see how 25% Score Bonus would help. I mean 6 arkforge instead of 5 is not so great change. It would also be strange when everyone get high score after event. You should also remember of score cap for events! 200K, as I recall.
So my vote for rep. bonus, but 100% Scrip Bonus would also be helpful when T4 lockboxes are fixed.

PS. Speaking of scrip - I do not see many people running collecting scrips after events - looks like everyone is reach already.

yue
09-05-2014, 04:02 AM
I vote for loot bonuses to be restored . This will take care of a few things . If ppl wanted a scrip bonus well sell the stuff . Salvage well same idea . Also with giving us non encryption purples back maybe we can get a good drop and roll the dice on something . Which means 500 less forge . Which means buying more forge which means trion gets more money . Literally everyone wins

Dartaan
09-05-2014, 04:22 AM
Rep,wood be good

Fuzzy
09-05-2014, 04:43 AM
That is a pretty neat idea! Really looking forward to it.
But a tough choice :D Almost couldn't decide on what to choose :)

Blackwolfe
09-05-2014, 05:28 AM
I voted xp and skill simply because I only just recently hit 3k ego and want alot more faster :) But yeah, faction rep wouldnt hurt either.

Combo Breaker
09-05-2014, 06:28 AM
I vote for loot bonuses to be restored . This will take care of a few things . If ppl wanted a scrip bonus well sell the stuff . Salvage well same idea . Also with giving us non encryption purples back maybe we can get a good drop and roll the dice on something . Which means 500 less forge . Which means buying more forge which means trion gets more money . Literally everyone wins

I agree with this. Since loot boost is no longer available for purchase, it would be nice to have it as a "bonus" for a week.

moof
09-05-2014, 07:12 AM
i say faction rep,thas the only one i find usefull

PiccolaRivolta
09-05-2014, 07:21 AM
I hope it's gonna be 50% Rep boost. And in a time zone when you have weekly contracts undone... so with the Patron pass you can get 17 and 85 rep respectively from daily and weekly contracts.

A score booster would be good too ... But 25% is barely noticeable in keys/arkforge obtained. Probably 1-2 more of each.

7.000+ arkforge unused, better win mr. Rep+ :)

dreadi
09-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Rep is good for me.....i might actually do some echelon lol

sericks
09-05-2014, 09:14 AM
I say scrip boost rep boost wouldn't be as helpful.

N3gativeCr33p
09-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Looks to me like "50% Faction Reputation" is running away and hiding with this one...

drake
09-05-2014, 09:37 AM
rep is good. i dont know why anyone would keep rep when box could drop ark shield. plus might get sweet guns you can sell.

squidgod2000
09-05-2014, 10:24 AM
We've got a week-long boost starting next week and we're inviting you to choose which one! While we'll be boosting XP rates by 100% from Friday, September 12 to Monday, September 15 for the newer recruits among you, we're also holding a bonus of the community's choosing from the list below starting Wednesday, September 10 until Wednesday September 17.

...Do you not want people to play ArcheAge or something?

Jasper Townsend
09-05-2014, 10:55 AM
First choice: SCORE!
Second choice: Rep

Nefarious
09-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Looks like Rep is going to take it.

Which is not bad because there is also a chance to get 20 AF from Rep weapons cache's.

Samantha_Caine
09-05-2014, 01:48 PM
My choice would be Reputation too since Chimaera only has one daylie (and 7th Legion 1daylie, 2 weeklys... maybe wrong coding for the the second weekly to be for Chimaera instead of 2 for 7th Legion !? :-) ) and is my last faction (so far for now) to get finished

Piers
09-05-2014, 01:59 PM
I vote for the 100% Scrip boost. Also, when is xbox getting F2P?!

SymbolicGamer
09-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Come on guys. We need more votes for the 100% Salvage Bonus. We can still win this thing.

Matty Matt
09-05-2014, 03:40 PM
rep got my vote \o/

Degan
09-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Went with rep!

PhantasieTrion
09-05-2014, 04:57 PM
Hi Everyone

I don't want to sway the outcome, however I do want to test this out first on our Public Test Servers.

So, given our preliminary Gallup Poll results, we are enabling a "50% Reputation Boost" and "100% Experience Boost" starting in an hour or so (I will post patch notes) on the Public Test Servers.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2q2ep3s.jpg

Check out this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119798-How-to-Access-the-Defiance-Public-Test-Server) for details on how to access PTS.
Check out this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?167724-PTS-Bonuses-Character-Copy) for how to get extra bonuses on PTS to help you out.

It's setup to run until next Wednesday on PTS.

--Phantasie

Keule81
09-05-2014, 08:44 PM
50% Faction Reputation Bonus sounds Perfect 4 me^^

cmpowell
09-05-2014, 08:46 PM
...Do you not want people to play ArcheAge or something?

Destiny releases tuesday

MadDogTremor
09-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Destiny releases tuesday
Not for PC

:cool::(

JadedSinn
09-05-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi Everyone

I don't want to sway the outcome, however I do want to test this out first on our Public Test Servers.

So, given our preliminary Gallup Poll results, we are enabling a "50% Reputation Boost" and "100% Experience Boost" starting in an hour or so (I will post patch notes) on the Public Test Servers.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2q2ep3s.jpg

Check out this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?119798-How-to-Access-the-Defiance-Public-Test-Server) for details on how to access PTS.
Check out this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?167724-PTS-Bonuses-Character-Copy) for how to get extra bonuses on PTS to help you out.

It's setup to run until next Wednesday on PTS.

--Phantasie

i dont know phantasie . the rep and XP boost is useless to alot of higher ego players that dont have all the DLCs :: cough like me cough :: even on pts where i have them the XP is still useless once you max out the XP levels and cant go any higher. :: cough like me cough :: i think the one that would work out best sadly even if its not the top voted realy is the scrip boost. 100% scrip to me is more usefull then rep any day. but thats just my thoughts :) adn iv allready cast my vote :D come on scrip bost you can catch up to the other ones come on scrip boost

Midori Oku
09-05-2014, 10:51 PM
I choose the score boost. :P

superstorm
09-06-2014, 05:21 AM
It's a shame you all choose reputation. Score boost much more valuable, even 25%, but I understand that 50>25 for you...

squidgod2000
09-06-2014, 05:24 AM
It's a shame you all choose reputation. Score boost much more valuable, even 25%, but I understand that 50>25 for you...

lolno. Rep boost is far more valuable, since it's time-gated.

Antavius
09-06-2014, 06:09 AM
For me it's a toss up between faction and score. Each has it's own benefits. Score really helps with collecting arkforge and may even allow some players to complete arenas/hotshots/rampages. Faction (especially chimera) lets you get to those lockboxes a bit more quickly which newer better gear is always nice. It would be nice to see a boost to arkforge and ceruleum core drop rates.

superstorm
09-06-2014, 06:34 AM
lolno. Rep boost is far more valuable, since it's time-gated.
I am very slow and not 5k yet, so score boost is a no-brainer for me. But even after 5k score should be preferable. Reputation will not give you arkforges and fragments.

superstorm
09-06-2014, 06:44 AM
I think results of this poll would be different if it was run in game. Most voters here are veterans (5k+).

JadedSinn
09-06-2014, 02:52 PM
I think results of this poll would be different if it was run in game. Most voters here are veterans (5k+).

not all the vets here voted for the rep . a few (( me )) voted for the scrip. but we will have to wait and see so fare. 100+ votes for useless rep :: sigh:: im 5 k and have no uses for this rep. its kind of sad... i think next time it should be scrip :)

Atticus Batman
09-06-2014, 04:25 PM
not all the vets here voted for the rep . a few (( me )) voted for the scrip. but we will have to wait and see so fare. 100+ votes for useless rep :: sigh:: im 5 k and have no uses for this rep. its kind of sad... i think next time it should be scrip :)

I also voted for scrip. If I cared about rep, then I would actually do the faction crap more often. However, even though I no longer gain Xp, I am fine with that being run at the same time as something voted on by VETS. The xp boost is for the newer players. So I am glad they are letting us vets get something too. It is however dumb to have 50% XP Bonus and 50% Weapon Skill Bonus listed as a voteable choice, since we are definitely already getting an xp boost during this event.

moof
09-06-2014, 06:10 PM

>.> im 5511 ego with my char and rep currency is very usefull,im trying to finish the ego evolution 6 pursuit,i also like some of the faction weps,plus chimera currency can be traded in for arkforge

(also according to the forum join date,i joined before you ,also i voted for rep :D)

cmpowell
09-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Not for PC

:cool::(

but it's still why they're doing this :)

cmpowell
09-06-2014, 11:43 PM
I am very slow and not 5k yet, so score boost is a no-brainer for me. But even after 5k score should be preferable. Reputation will not give you arkforges and fragments.

you can get AF in faction lockboxes

moof
09-07-2014, 08:44 AM
you can get AF in faction lockboxes

you can trade in chimera rep currency at the vendor for arkforge

KILLSHOT707
09-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Here's a fun fact...less than 200 people have replied. Take notice about your changes and how people are going elsewhere. Fix the points ,threat level for low ego people, the warmaster, key cost, gun nerf's for PVP only, forage drop and for god sake the server.

TTOWNZ DIRTIEST
09-07-2014, 09:19 AM
here's a fun fact...less than 200 people have replied. Take notice about your changes and how people are going elsewhere. Fix the points ,threat level for low ego people, the warmaster, key cost, gun nerf's for pvp only, forage drop and for god sake the server. amen amen amen.....and with monday midnite release of destiny, you better hurry up and get your shatako together~~~~

moof
09-07-2014, 10:31 AM
amen amen amen.....and with monday midnite release of destiny, you better hurry up and get your shatako together~~~~

for console,its another year till pc

Chump Norris
09-07-2014, 09:05 PM
I cant wait to see what happens when Destiny finally comes out.

I remember back when GTAO was going to kill Defiance lol.

Wasnt there also Final Fantasy Online that was going to kill it?

Atticus Batman
09-07-2014, 10:14 PM
I cant wait to see what happens when Destiny finally comes out.

I remember back when GTAO was going to kill Defiance lol.

Wasnt there also Final Fantasy Online that was going to kill it?

You forgot atleast one! Wasn't it Diablo 3?

Chump Norris
09-07-2014, 10:21 PM
You forgot atleast one! Wasn't it Diablo 3?

Wow I cant believe I left Diablo 3 off the list lol.

Donk
09-08-2014, 08:30 AM
Rep Please

SilverWF
09-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Score bonus: because more keycodes and arkforges

M1ST3RG
09-08-2014, 09:20 AM
My EX stopped counting at 52xx. Hows about the ability to replay story missions for EGO?

M1ST3RG
09-08-2014, 09:35 AM
My EX stopped counting at 52xx. Hows about the ability to replay story missions for EGO?

F-ing 4:20 somewhere isnt it? TRION - how about showing some support for for the home team and hosting your severs somewhere other than Africa. America has fast severs and could use the jobs.

SilverWF
09-08-2014, 10:43 AM
How the hell your post relevant to this thread?

Escyos
09-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Yay, faction bonus is winning (does the faction bonus include caereleum cores?)

superstorm
09-09-2014, 02:00 AM
you can trade in chimera rep currency at the vendor for arkforge
This is very limited. With score boost you can earn arkforges and fragments all the time.

DEATHBRINGER210
09-10-2014, 12:00 PM
arkforge boost is what we need

DEATHBRINGER210
09-10-2014, 12:01 PM
i thought polls werent allowed ?

PhantasieTrion
09-10-2014, 12:23 PM
I everyone - this bonus week/weekend is now live! Thanks for your feedback!

I was going to lock this thread, but since I still see input from people I'll leave it open as we want to hear your feedback for future events like this!

--Phantasie

BC001
09-10-2014, 01:06 PM
i thought polls werent allowed ?

I think that means no add-hoc user created polls. In certain narrow situations like this where it is just a quick way of finding preference for a set list of options polling is useful, but most of the polls you find people making in forums are far less useful than full comments on the issue (if they even have anything to do with the purpose of the forum at all, which a lot of user created polls do not).

DEATHBRINGER210
09-10-2014, 01:09 PM
no polls of anykind

Martmax
09-10-2014, 01:14 PM
50% Faction Reputation Bonus

Ryker Vorton
09-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Double arkforge rewards would be really nice, it's hard to keep weapons and shield upgraded with current rates

hype
09-11-2014, 10:48 AM
not seeing the 50% Faction Reputation Bonus at my end (ps3 eu) 0_o

strider367
09-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Yes this is for everyone PC and consoles, in fact I'm getting more than 50%...

Gulliver GHOSTS
09-11-2014, 10:20 PM
50% Faction Reputation Bonus for me thanks :)

PhantasieTrion
10-11-2014, 11:14 AM
arkforge boost is what we need

Double arkforge rewards would be really nice, it's hard to keep weapons and shield upgraded with current rates

Multiple people have asked for this, so we are adding it with Aftermath - a bonus Arkforge event. It is active on PTS right now - go try it out.

As a bonus, we also included everyone with Patron Pass will get an additional 10% bonus.

http://i60.tinypic.com/30mn8g4.jpg

DEATHBRINGER210
10-11-2014, 11:16 AM
ark forge weekend