PDA

View Full Version : Defiance wont let me play on xbox.

i Hexify
09-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi so i recently bought the game, and it tells me there is a 10GB requirement, so i bought a 16GB usb. After instaling the game first off around 5003MB i started downloading all the patches which took a long time. After the usb filled up from the initial download and all the patches it tells me i have to install the game again around 4500MB, i dont have that space on the usb anymore so i cant play, anyone know why its telling me i have to download/install the game again. Please help

i Hexify
09-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Bump please help

i Hexify
09-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Please ? help :/

N3gativeCr33p
09-05-2014, 12:57 PM
FWIW... I've heard that there should be closer to 20GB (or more) of free space on your storage device, just to be safe.

EBOLA
09-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Hiya. I think you are still short on space. My Defiance stuff takes up about 20 GB. Try a bigger hard drive? GOOD LUCK.

i Hexify
09-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Oh my.. really :/ ?

3rdpig
09-05-2014, 01:21 PM
I'm not an Xbox expert, but typically on the PC when something say it needs a certain amount of space, that means how much it takes once it's installed. But before that can happen it needs space for the download and temp folders it unzips the downloaded archive to. And that can be just as much as the installation. Sometimes even more if it needs the patches available during the initial install

My personal rule of thumb is to have 3x the install size available. And I wouldn't even consider it without at least 2x.

3rdpig
09-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Sorry, double post.

i Hexify
09-05-2014, 01:32 PM
So i should go buy a 32GB usb instead.. wasted my money on this 16gb :/

CRIXDA
09-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Hey Hex,
Have you consiidered getting like an external harddrive, like one of those 1TB or 2TB dealios and hooking that bad boy up?
You could possibly get some in the 500 GB range cheap now. My 120 GB HDD is decent but I would love for memory to never be an issue - it pisses me off sometimes. Just curious.

nathanpbutler
09-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Patches add to the size of the game over and over again.

For PS3, using a disc-based copy of the game, the game data after all of the patches so far is around 8 GB. If you are using a digital copy of the game, that's 8 GB on top of the original install of the game, assuming that the patch sizes are comparable between the two different consoles.

cross2987
12-25-2014, 10:44 PM
I can not play the game now i played it for a while but now when i press start at main menu goes Downloading Patch Notes an will not download does nothen then when i wait a while says Failed To Download Versions. Patch Aborted. If you can help please right back thanks

brokenshield
12-26-2014, 05:04 AM
Let's get the easiest one out of the way first. Have you tried clearing your cache. I've only had to do this once, so for me , my issues tend to lay elswhere.

richardkrainium
12-26-2014, 05:58 AM
i had to use a 60gb hard drive due to the empty 20 gb i was using not having enough space. funny thing is that once it was installed and working, i checked how much space it was using and it was only 8.8 gb.....odd where did the other 6gb go that the game/patches required me have

brokenshield
12-26-2014, 06:42 AM
Never looked at the size until just now. Installed game takes up 5.3 GB, with patch data taking up a total of 8.2x GB. It is kind of odd to need more than a 20 GB HD if it barely takes over half that on the drive.

Temp files maybe?

stefb42
12-26-2014, 06:48 AM
Obsolete patches don't get deleted so you can end up with a lot of gb worth of obsolete patches, deleting all patches and downloading again gives the latest patch with all info that's required from older patches, sometimes when you just keep patching the game the latest patch will conflict with an older one making the game unplayable or unpatchable,

If you used to have space but don't anymore delete all patches and repatch (sometimes its better just to delete everything defiance and reinstall the lot) this will free up space by getting rid of the obsolete stuff

If your game wont patch same thing, delete everything to get rid of the corruption and reinstall and everything should be fine

JadedSinn
12-26-2014, 06:48 AM
Never looked at the size until just now. Installed game takes up 5.3 GB, with patch data taking up a total of 8.2x GB. It is kind of odd to need more than a 20 GB HD if it barely takes over half that on the drive.

Temp files maybe?

thats strange i was allways under the asumption that you needed 15 gigs of hard drive space to even download this game.. hmmmm strange that its only 8.2 for you.

stefb42
12-26-2014, 06:58 AM
thats strange i was allways under the asumption that you needed 15 gigs of hard drive space to even download this game.. hmmmm strange that its only 8.2 for you.

8.2 for me too but I like to keep my patches clean and always get rid of the old ones

richardkrainium
12-26-2014, 07:04 AM
might have something to do with server side stuff. only thing i can think of as to why its doing that. makes ya dl everything like a normal game then deletes the stuff ya dont need cause its already on servers

brokenshield
12-26-2014, 07:19 AM
Well, again the game itself is only taking 5.3 GB. That is from disk not f2p. Never even thought to look at any of this as I honestly have few major problems with how the game runs. Might consider deleting the patches and starting fresh , then again if it ain't broke, don't fix it. lol.

OT, any update from OP?

Edit* I decided to delete the old updates. However I have one that refuses to delete. Anyone familiar with a way around this issue with XBox?

Edit take two* Nvm. After trying several things. I finally removed the disk and it allowed me to delete it. Strange, but whatever works.