PDA

View Full Version : My conclusion

Shadoow_Ninja
09-06-2014, 08:10 AM
My conclusion:

After 15 months, I prefer just to take stock of my DEFIANCE experience.
I think we can all agree - veterans of the First Hour, players already have their backs to the returns DEFIANCE and the new F2P- players - the DEFIANCE a game has incredible potential.

What made ​​me personally on DEFIANCE attention was the concept of the game and series not two different media and thus play in two different worlds or times, the special should both influence each other. So the series the game and the game should in turn influence the series. Should be able to take the WE THE PLAYERS, influence on this world (game & series).
This goal was not achieved until today, so you could say that this experiment has failed.
If it was more like the series took effect on the game, but never the other way around.

The second aspect of grabbed me was this Wild West atmosphere.
It is an Outlaw (Ark hunters) in a completely new world in which only the law of the jungle applies and every day is a fight for survival.
Good conditions for a gripping story - but do not exist today.
The Main Story, is indeed OK, but not really gripping and after you have defeated NIM there is no mission, which continues the story makes sense.
It is just boring.

The want are interested in DEFIANCE, the world, the players, the community and take care of these developers, I have not felt to some extent in the last 15 months.
Since the first day (April 2013) the PS3 ran - the server never stable.
Problem the players have reported since that day (invincible enemy, invisible enemy, invincible opponent, disappearing vehicles, server crashes, Disconects not functioning voice chat, freezes, etc.) have still not been resolved to this day.
With each new patch coming more bugs, lags and problems to without having the existing ones were fixed.
Then a patch for the patch is carved out, which then maybe 1 - 2 solves problems, but 5 new adds.
Some weeks orders are not be felt - Kronkhit bunker is not really playable for more than 4 months.

The DLC were always loveless us senseless, some of them already limited to fraud.
Since the 4th DLC there is no German language edition more - although I and thousands of other PAYING customers who have paid for it,
So it is with the episode missions, both not even the subtitle does - I wonder if she's published since 1 MONTH.
Information is not passed on to the German community and if they do, only from other users.

The "gigantic territorial expansion" of the us was raved months long, is just twice as big as SF and extremely unkind and bugged.

Wishes of the community are simply ignored it and then things will be introduced that no one wanted or it is made to always sounded heavy successes; whether in relation to the looting of rare weapons, scrips or Key's.

What is planned for the future to questions you get in response only:
"It distinguished big changes on the horizon." - That is promised us since 1 YEAR, but was kept nothing.

As I said, DEFIANCE has potential, but that's all it has.
By inability of TRION this game will surely be soon carried to the grave.

Trion's larger and most serious error that the reason according to content and is to this day this game so going to the dogs is that the the entire development team - so ALL creative minds who worked on this project, is dedicated for it and their ideas brought in - were released shortly after the release of DEFIANCE; so the people were only responsible who had no idea of the program / ​​programming, and he associated CODES and have.

By switching to F2P and reducing the drop rate of weapons, Key's and Arche keys money is now trying somehow to squeeze out of the players.
But with such a WASTE, that will probably have no chance of success.

Many veterans with because I'm in the Bay Area, began long gone - out of frustration and disappointment - a few are still there and will probably remain so until the bitter end; already collected F2P players - which initially were so excited as I a year ago - to complain and turn DEFIANCE also back on.

The last episode of the 2nd season of the series, has the game dealt another death blow - in the series are all hierarchs destroy in Earth orbit, so there is no more arks ie Since the series affects the game, there are in the game and no more cases and thus the ark ark hunters have become useless (of course, only whom is TRION as before holds the LORE SERIES).

The 09.09.2014 is soon around the corner, and I'm on this day even more players leave DEFIANCE be forever sure.

It's too bad about this game, but the guilt that has come there as it has come wearing alone TRION.

Of course there are so many who defend tenaciously DEFIANCE and say the TRION already fixed is the DEFIANCE is saved, etc.
I do not begrudge these their hopes and dreams, and I wish them that they are right, but the last 15 MONTHS have shown me that's lost all hope for DEFIANCE.

Remember this game honors it and let it die in peace.

And to all PS3 / PS4 / XboX 360 / XboX One owner: Come to DESTINY and become guardians.

Marshal Law
09-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Can I have your stuff??

Copperpot
09-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Well said Ninja. I think you summarize the feelings of many Defiance players. Here is a link to a group of us that are going to be playing Destiny too.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/143322

sericks
09-06-2014, 12:26 PM
I paid a lot of money in defiance and I will be tag teaming it and destiny until trion servers catch fire. I will get my moneys worth.

Telemachus
09-07-2014, 04:51 AM
"The last episode of the 2nd season of the series, has the game dealt another death blow - in the series are all hierarchs destroy in Earth orbit, so there is no more arks ie Since the series affects the game, there are in the game and no more cases and thus the ark ark hunters have become useless (of course, only whom is TRION as before holds the LORE SERIES).

They have shields in the game , never noticed one used in the show , it's possible to deviate from the shows lore alittle. Surely they will continue to have tons of arkfalls and Volge falling out of the sky ingame.

superstorm
09-07-2014, 05:05 AM
Should be able to take the WE THE PLAYERS, influence on this world (game & series).
This goal was not achieved until today, so you could say that this experiment has failed.
How should we influence the show? I think this is impossible because the game has 6 different worlds (2 consoles, pc, na/eu). If you choose xbox na (for example), it would be unfair to players of other worlds.

Shadoow_Ninja
09-07-2014, 08:44 AM
The plot of the game - not matter whether on PS3, Xbox 360 or PC - but plays in the same reality, the same world; the World of Defiance in the TV series plays - that's why there was the episode Missione and crossover missions; otherwise it would not even have been possible.
Read again the commercials for DEFIANCE last year, and the reports in the Game Magazines and on the websites to DEFIANCE.
With what was advertised, what was promised.
Which it was so that we beworden - ALL PLAYERS TOGETHER - can influence the reality / world of DEFIANCE.
But such events or approaches there has never been, thus I have been - and countless other players - made ​​false promises.

@Marshal Law
1. I play on PS3 and if ud not play on PS3 you can not get my stuff.
2. Is / was my Chara on the EU server - that can not Chara from a server take to a another
( from NA to EU)
3. Am I already use EGO Level 5521, if you have not at least the same level you can not use my stuff
4. I have my Chara already deleted.

oasis387
09-08-2014, 12:06 AM
Well said Ninja. I think you summarize the feelings of many Defiance players. Here is a link to a group of us that are going to be playing Destiny too.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/143322

I will be enjoying the heck outta some destiny as well. Any fans of the way defiance used to be hit me up on the 360... GT: oasis387

Hope everyone finds enjoyment out of the new games coming... And RIP defiance...

WestonDebraddos
09-08-2014, 02:25 AM
I don't think the producers of Defiance the show ever intended for Defiance the game to ever have a large influence over the direction or story line of the show. The game is more of an avenue for fans to feel like they are participating in events that take place on the show or like in the case of the I'rath flu... the show was all about the delivery of the antiviral from AngleArk while game side it was about finding that cure and ensuring the delivery of the cure to Defiance. The game also offers fans the ability to learn more about the Defiance universe that would not be possible to air due to the time constraints of a television show.

Integrating things from the game into the show in a major way as you propose would be almost impossible given the time constraints of production. Screen plays for shows are written at least a year in advance because budgeting, planning, building, contracting, permitting, and negotiation all depend on those screen plays and that process takes more man hours than most people realize. The amount of discretion the producers and writers have on any one episode are very small so when there is a cross over from the game to the series it is most likely no more than a one liner or small mention.

As to some of the other points the OP made: The Ark belt wraps around the globe like the rings of Saturn, only a small section of the Ark belt was destroyed over North America so there are still plenty of Arks left to fall. The new teraforming of New York, Brazil and other areas now opens up some new possibilities for new creatures and even more alien landscapes and I can think of 20 possible story arks in the short time it took to write this sentence base on this alone.

Defiance the game has lots of room to grow. The F2P aspect is nothing to balk at, its the way all games are going as it is the only survivable model out there for any non AAA title and quite honestly it is much more lucrative to be a F2P game with micro-transactions. Even in the AAA world most will start off sub based and then will all ultimately convert to a transaction model... its inevitable. Look for Destiny to follow suit in 6mo to a year. I had hopes for Destiny many moons ago but as they didn't do a PC port I wont touch it... consoles are for platformers IMO or at least that's all I'll ever use em for.

GL in your new pursuit, but if you follow the show.. bets are you will drop back in for season 3. :)

Rand1701
09-08-2014, 06:34 AM
Hey Bud, thanks for saying everything I wanted to say, but, was too pissed to write it.

Go find your Destiny!

N3gativeCr33p
09-08-2014, 06:41 AM
... it is much more lucrative to be a F2P game with micro-transactions.

Unfortunately, The Company never received this part of the memo.