PDA

View Full Version : One weird thing about Defiance that bugs me...

Ubai
09-07-2014, 09:40 AM
OK, two things, really. First off, hats off to the devs for making pistols a kind of medium-range sniper weapon. I LURV this so much. Running around like Clint Eastwood with a bigass pistola aiming for just the right spot is my favorite thing in the whole game. Sure, I'll occasionally switch to some other weapon and hose things down with the FOTM3000, but pistols are still my favorite.

Here is what bugs me though. Apparently there is only one good pistol in the game, and since everything in the game is random, I have yet to find one, so I've been using the same "OK" pistol forever. I'm not saying I want to be able to buy an orange or purple uber pistol from a vendor, but would it be so terrible to have a shop somewhere where I could buy an ordinary version of said pistol?

Better yet, improve other pistols so that I am not constantly wasting time looking for the Leetmaster 8000 or whatever. I don't know if this is true of other weapons, but the whole Diablo style loot thing really only works if you have at least a reasonable chance of getting a weapon you want to use.

OK, I just thought of a third thing: I want to have a pistol in each hand! I know it isn't realistic, I actually tried this once IRL. Maybe if you had a matched set of .22 target pistols and you practiced a lot you might be able to manage this, but reloading is a PITA and you'd still be better off just using one. All that being said, two gun mojo is cool. Devs, why u no cool?

In short I would play Defiance more if you gave me more good pistols. :P

nathanpbutler
09-07-2014, 10:21 AM
There are two good pistols in the game, though one is based on the other. If you are having trouble getting a Wolfhound, consider getting the Gunslinger Trials DLC, so you can play those arenas and use VBI rep to buy Gunslinger Cache boxes at the VBI Vendor. Sooner or later, you'll end up with a Wildcat, the Gunslinger suped-up version of a Wolfhound with built-in Overcharge chance.

Ubai
09-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the tip!

MustangP51
09-07-2014, 02:07 PM
OK, two things, really. First off, hats off to the devs for making pistols a kind of medium-range sniper weapon. I LURV this so much. Running around like Clint Eastwood with a bigass pistola aiming for just the right spot is my favorite thing in the whole game. Sure, I'll occasionally switch to some other weapon and hose things down with the FOTM3000, but pistols are still my favorite.

Here is what bugs me though. Apparently there is only one good pistol in the game, and since everything in the game is random, I have yet to find one, so I've been using the same "OK" pistol forever. I'm not saying I want to be able to buy an orange or purple uber pistol from a vendor, but would it be so terrible to have a shop somewhere where I could buy an ordinary version of said pistol?

Better yet, improve other pistols so that I am not constantly wasting time looking for the Leetmaster 8000 or whatever. I don't know if this is true of other weapons, but the whole Diablo style loot thing really only works if you have at least a reasonable chance of getting a weapon you want to use.

OK, I just thought of a third thing: I want to have a pistol in each hand! I know it isn't realistic, I actually tried this once IRL. Maybe if you had a matched set of .22 target pistols and you practiced a lot you might be able to manage this, but reloading is a PITA and you'd still be better off just using one. All that being said, two gun mojo is cool. Devs, why u no cool?

In short I would play Defiance more if you gave me more good pistols. :P

Which system are u on and screen name, I have 2 oj wolfhounds one ego lv 2550 and 2nd is 4700ish

SirServed
09-07-2014, 02:20 PM
There are two good pistols in the game, though one is based on the other. If you are having trouble getting a Wolfhound, consider getting the Gunslinger Trials DLC, so you can play those arenas and use VBI rep to buy Gunslinger Cache boxes at the VBI Vendor. Sooner or later, you'll end up with a Wildcat, the Gunslinger suped-up version of a Wolfhound with built-in Overcharge chance.
Unless you are strictly looking for critical hits, the Quickshot Blaster is one of the highest dps weapons in the game with the top spot being solely reserved for the Cannoneer synergy model. The non-DLC variant is the VOT Blaster.

Ubai
09-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks very much for the information! I thought I tired a VOT blaster a long time ago and was underwhelmed, but I'll give it another try.

@Mustangp51: Thank you for the offer but I only play with what I loot myself or buy from vendors in game, I find it makes things more fun for me. :)

Snib
09-07-2014, 04:14 PM
VOT Blaster is pretty awesome, I got an orange one with rad nano from the free T4 box last week. It's currently my anti-Volge weapon. However, when I mastered it and it had +6% crit when crouched I was shouting at it: "why can't you be a Wolfhound now?". Because I'll certainly never crouch with that thing, it's basically a pistol sized SMG with twice the damage.

SirServed
09-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Best rolls for a Hound should be 15% hip fire crit mult, 15% damage from behind, and 10% crit.