PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Community: Staying connected.

Rousel
02-03-2013, 04:08 AM
Hello there community!

So following a topic on the forums it came about the idea of making a specific forum for Roleplay when it comes to Defiance, our understanding of the races, the atmosphere and a whole load of other things and to that notion, i've made a Forum.. now it's my first forum and is web hosted for free, it's nothing fancy, but it -is- the start of a idea, a image for the roleplaying community to have a unofficial home for Roleplay.

http://defiancerp.forumotion.co.uk/

This is the link to the website, feel free to have a look and add some in-put.

Rousel
02-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Well, we got our first user then my self, now to start snow balling! *Picks up a shovel and starts throwing snow onto it.*

Rousel
02-03-2013, 08:48 AM
And we have a chat box! Along with a section for the Clans and a section for the wiki! So it's all pulling together.

Psychrome
02-03-2013, 11:21 AM
as one of the first members there i have to say the site is coming along quite nicely and will definitely have a great place to share and RP together I reccommend people to check it out and register and enjoy the fun!!

Kaoslion
02-03-2013, 11:27 AM
I was wondering will the access to Voip or hearing each others voices for Roleplaying. Change RPing for any of you?

Rousel
02-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Sorry for this, but I'm going to bump.. soo.. bump!

Belmthemus
02-03-2013, 01:31 PM
I was wondering will the access to Voip or hearing each others voices for Roleplaying. Change RPing for any of you?

Yeah I suppose it'll mean any characters I play will be Scotsmen :-P

Rousel
02-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Yeah I suppose it'll mean any characters I play will be Scotsmen :-P

Exactly the reason I'm against Mic based Roleplay, unless we all start using voice mods.. .. . .DIBS ON BANE!

Rousel
02-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Bump. <.< -Shameless look.-

Rousel
02-04-2013, 12:49 AM
So I'll be working on the forum today, but that's after work, GMT 8:30 am - 1pm, a 20 minute bus ride and then I'll start adding content, I think the first content to add will be the start of a Roleplaying story.

Rousel
02-04-2013, 08:31 AM
Looking forward to see what the game will bring in terms of members!

gothicshark
02-04-2013, 08:06 PM

depends on a lot of factors.

gothicshark
02-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Exactly the reason I'm against Mic based Roleplay, unless we all start using voice mods.. .. . .DIBS ON BANE!

If I could find one that worked good.

Rousel
02-05-2013, 03:25 AM
If I could find one that worked good.

Well, on a broader sense I'm again microphone RP, accents and the likes become a barrier between the community, say if they only know how to speak english a little, but can type it really well.

So instead, I'd much prefer it simply being text driven.

On a side note, I've been in touch with Defiance Central, a good bunch, we was talking about getting a link to my forum up there.

http://defiancerp.forumotion.co.uk/

http://defiance-central.com

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 04:12 AM
I'd be interested in getting RP involved. But might I suggest if you're not too into the forum yet, try Enjin. You can have a free site over there with forums, rosters, and more. I'd be more than happy to spin you up on how to admin the site having a couple of my own. It also has a large player network and the largest RP community for TOR.

Rousel
02-05-2013, 04:20 AM
I'd be interested in getting RP involved. But might I suggest if you're not too into the forum yet, try Enjin. You can have a free site over there with forums, rosters, and more. I'd be more than happy to spin you up on how to admin the site having a couple of my own. It also has a large player network and the largest RP community for TOR.

Oh, sounds good, just one questions or issue as such:

I am not a coder or a scripter and the system I use has a very consumer based interface, does Enjin have the same kind of system?

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 04:45 AM

I am not a coder or a scripter and the system I use has a very consumer based interface, does Enjin have the same kind of system?

Enjin is a complete content management system. You don't need to code, or do anything other than set the modules (info blocks) to show up to certain groups. Here's an example:

http://www.24th-meu.com

We chose a paid package because it gives us so much more flexibility (in terms of number of modules, user tags, and a custom url). The free one still offers a lot. If you're willing to drop a couple dollars, you get more access.

I was the lead admin for a War Z RP website through Enjin there. But unfortunately the game went sideways and RP functionality was put on the backburner. Left us hanging so I closed the site down.

But Enjin is pretty decent for almost any project.

Jenbuu
02-05-2013, 04:46 AM

enjin have a really easy interface to use , they also have a ingame client which helps keeping people connected.
its not that hard to set up and it looks good, for an example take a look at http://solace-gaming.enjin.com/

SteelPaladin
02-05-2013, 04:50 AM
yeah, im curious how the chat will work on consoles though.

Laughter
02-05-2013, 05:33 AM

I totally agree. I <3 enjin. This is not a hate on your current forum but I am willing to bet if you switch to enjin you will find many people interested in joining.

Other gaming communities use enjin and they are always successful.

You could always check them out just to get a taste:

http://www.swtor-rp.com/
http://www.tsw-rp.com/
http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/

That's just naming a few. I run a enjin site and would be more than happy to help you out if you decide you do want to switch.

Rousel
02-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Hello there thread,

So, I've been looking at the Enjin and you know what? Before I was like a pile of embers in terms of making the Forum, then I look at all that is potential with this Enjin system and boy, have I got a breeze down my spine that is setting the embers into flames for such a community based on Roleplay and what Enjin can do to that system, as of when the in-game interface effects Defiance, we can have whole finger-tip access to the Roleplaying community, from being able to find the latest hot-spots to finding Lore for our Roleplay for when we're put on the spot, a whole list of things is capable.

Now in terms of some of the features of Enjin, I'm yet to work out how it is going to work, such as the recruitment system, but I'm sure some theory crafting and we can work out a awesome way to include that.

So yeah, I'm really Hopeful for DefianceRP - The Home for Defiance Roleplay.V02!

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 08:06 AM
It really is a feature filled CMS. I wasn't impressed with it when I looked at it a long time ago. Someone showed me a site they made and frankly it looked trashy. But when I sat down with it, I found so MUCH potential. With my example I linked earlier, you can see we have multiple rosters, tags for all sorts of levels of access, and more.

It really is a great game or community site system. I registered on the link you sent me as J. Shields. Not sure what name I'll be going with in the game, but I imagine with the RP I'll stick with my Shields character.

Has there been any word from the devs on how plausible RP will be in the game?

Dartamian
05-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Okay so I know Defiance is not an RPG but it is an MMO with a very interesting story plot. I just got the game for Xbox and got the season pass for the show. I created a character named Dartamian (also my gamertag), and while he can manage the wilds alone, he can't help but wonder if there are those out there who seek to band together against the dangers to come. Now he is more of the "follow orders" type so the side kick role works best for him. If there are those out there seeking a hired gun... Keep him in mind.

Covington
05-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Nice site! I just sent it out as a tweet for you guys! :)