PDA

View Full Version : Swarm turrets

teppic
09-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Do these scale with threat level? It seems they're next to useless if you have TL 10 and a load of Volge going for them, they're disabled in a couple of seconds. It's a pain when you've just used tons of ark salvage to upgrade them.

(As a side point, something really needs to be done about swarms with TL 10 and less than 5 players present)

Nefarious
09-10-2014, 04:54 PM
I haven't seen these things activated in forever. Not since sieges first made way into the game. They might of made a difference back then when they were needed because Volge were naturally set as the toughest enemies but now the game has changed and the Volge have changed to. I wouldn't even care if the Turrets were removed to be honest as they are no longer needed.

Be a lot cooler if they were replaced with Player manned Turrets instead.

Snib
09-10-2014, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure if they scale but they probably do - I see them deal a decent amount of damage at TL10 so if they didn't scale they should be one-shotting the volge at lower levels yet they don't. And I always do upgrade them on the point that I'm defending. They do not get destroyed there because I hold aggro on myself. No reason to upgrade them on the other points though since they will be lost anyway (either you are solo or you might as well be since the other guys are too busy griefing you with their protectors to kill any volge).

Beathrus
09-10-2014, 05:28 PM
You can actually upgrade the turrets yourself to inflict more radiation damage. I think its 500, 1000, then 1500 to fully upgrade it. Basically the upgrades increase its power/radiation effects.

Increases the damage the enemies take while under its effect.

Irradiated enemies are more susceptible to armor penetration from all damage types

teppic
09-10-2014, 08:34 PM
They survive better when there are lots of players to take aggro, but quite often you're seriously outnumbered and the turrets go so quickly they're pointless. I guess the problem is more poor threat scaling of mobs than turrets.

WanWhiteWolf
09-11-2014, 12:03 AM
The turrets are alright. I did play a couple of solo sieges. I tend to upgrade turets between rounds. A fully upgraded defense will delay the volge takeover over your point. 3 fully upgraded turets can take down 1 volge and keep the other busy. If you have a swarm comming at the place, they are mostly used to take the agro.

I would add damage mod to them. Mods that you can get as a siege reward.

And yes, the damage scales. I've seen them take down a volge at tl10. At tl 1 they would 1 shoot anything withou scalling.

JadedSinn
09-11-2014, 12:03 AM
They survive better when there are lots of players to take aggro, but quite often you're seriously outnumbered and the turrets go so quickly they're pointless. I guess the problem is more poor threat scaling of mobs than turrets.

every volge siege iv entered the turrets allways have to be raised. aka repaired. due to the volge pritty much destorying them in less then a few secs after each wave starts. there not doing much damage anymore and need to be over all looked at. along with the reapers over in the infected siege in deablo. thay where sapost to be advanced weapons that do tuns of damage. at threat level 10. thay do about 30-400 at the most.

and the hot shots that have you use them need to be tweeked aswell. hell lets just say it . ALL advanced weapons in the games. the reapers. the gernade launchers the rocket launchers. everything that was an advanced weapon befor the scaling system needs to be taken out retooled and over all have there damage boosed drasticly. i used the hand claw thing one day dueing a coop mission (( think it was scrapers )) at threat level 10 . it did barly any damage to the enamys and was waisted befor we even set foot in the boss area (( you all know back in the day you would carry it in the gate like a beast and smash on some scrapers with it ;) i know i did quite a few times ))

anyway . anything npc related weapon wise and anything advanced weapon wise. and even the cerberus turrets. all need to be looked at badly. and boosted up in there damage.

as we grow stronger as ark hunters . thes items grow weaker. and become less usefull for us.

i recall doing the dock mission where u go around blowing up the boxes and i just used my northstar flair to destroy them becuse the advanced weapon gernade launcher was useless. my flair did more damage then this thing and may flair was green/yellow ! (( color blind if its green it looks like a yellow to me o.o and the oj looks red to me strangly enough ))

anyway.. minor rant over :)

crazyged
09-11-2014, 12:31 AM
There are turrets in Volge sieges?

What turrets?

I just see volge...

...and I kill them 'til they're dead!

Amack
09-11-2014, 12:53 AM
An experienced Arkhunter will upgrade all 3 turrets to level 3 because lets face it, what else are we going to do with millions of Salvage?

The experienced Arkhunter will then be sure to focus their firepower onto the same Volge that the turret(s) hit.

An Ark level Viscera being tagged by multiple turrets at once will die much faster than if the point was capped and turrets were down.

otonagamer
09-11-2014, 06:34 AM
An experienced Arkhunter will upgrade all 3 turrets to level 3 because lets face it, what else are we going to do with millions of Salvage?

The experienced Arkhunter will then be sure to focus their firepower onto the same Volge that the turret(s) hit.

An Ark level Viscera being tagged by multiple turrets at once will die much faster than if the point was capped and turrets were down.

You sir, are the true vet of us all Arkhunters! I can't agree more!

alienstookmybeer
09-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Do these scale with threat level? It seems they're next to useless if you have TL 10 and a load of Volge going for them, they're disabled in a couple of seconds. It's a pain when you've just used tons of ark salvage to upgrade them.

(As a side point, something really needs to be done about swarms with TL 10 and less than 5 players present)

Turrets did lose most of their effectiveness when threat level came about. They actually did a decent job of mowing down troopers on their own before the change, but now their best use seems to be to distract the enemy. If salvage is a concern, you should probably not use it on turrets. The extra firepower could be helpful though if there's a large player population and you're trying to get the stage 10 pursuit complete.