PDA

View Full Version : A lot of questions probably noobish

gulac
09-11-2014, 12:42 AM
Hi all

So first has to do with gameplay courtesy

Whats courtesy I hear you say, well back in the day it was a way of being considerate of others. And since I get resuscitated a lot rather than being left to self revive or teleport. I assume that there may be some consideration in my comrades in arms, unless their just trying to up their stats LOL

1. I a single player against their pursuit or side quest is it preferable to let a low level player struggle with their combatant or is it okay to step in and frag the difficult SOB so the player can have time to recover their shield, ammo, or just escape without dying?

2. In a free for fall battle where everyone is blowing the crap out of everything they can get their scope on is it preferable to allow one player to take on one adversary or is it as I have said just a blow them all away, enemies that is.

Next the question of higher functions of the game.

I cannot find arkspikes, arkbatteries or whatever they are called at any vendor. Is this because I only have a 1700 ego or is it because I am FTP?

Also although I compete in Arkbreaks, Incursions, and Sieges. And am often awarded lockboxes of Tier 3 or 4 I never seem to get them. Is this because my Inventory is full or do they go into my claim items. If the latter it seems that the number of claim items does not change. So I can only assume that I am not getting them.

Again, is this because I am FTP or just that I play so hardcore that the AI of the game is just punishing me, like it does when it drops ten flying hellbugs, and five robot badasses on me, along with five formidable minigunners or canoneers all at the same time.

(This happens to me a lot in FPS games, it sometimes seems that the game just does not want me to beat it. Because even if I succeed in defeating all enemies like thone above, without dying it will still drop a tank, or truck, or hit me with a bullet from an unknown source, when I am in the most unlikely place for such a thing to happen. In defiance it includes bullets through walls, or grenades or bombs from dead enemies as they fall to the floor.)

And finally, my Trion login name is mrjimbarnes but my player is called Gulac, so what is it that shows above my head. Because if its the former then please please tell me how I can change it.

I will be back with more later.

Gulac

crazyged
09-11-2014, 12:49 AM
In answer to your first two questions, it really just depends on the player.

I've stepped in to help a struggling low level and been flamed for it, because I stole their kills. I've also been thanked for it.

I like to help, but I've learned not to expect gratitude for it! :D

SirServed
09-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Unless I'm specifically helping someone, I mow everything down. If there's a TL10 FFA going on and I want some amusement, I will watch the face smashing enemies take down the players with little or no spatial awareness.

Aside from Supplies vendors, I suggest you invest in T2 boxes for consumables you don't own yet. Low risk, high reward. Once you have everything you want (All Purple Grenades and Blue Spkies/Stims), you can move up in box Tier.

That's what makes the game fun. They are AI units and you get to fill them with holes. One thing I enjoy about the game is that despite being max rating and highly skilled, I can still get owned by AI units.

Red Ranger
09-11-2014, 01:06 AM
In answer to you other question, you need the Arkbreaker DLC and play through the associated quests / missions. Then you will find Arkspike Batteries in vendors.

Snowclan
09-11-2014, 01:10 AM
When you get loot from an event like a Siege or whatever, it shows up in the same way that loot from a box in your Claims area does. First you get shown the items that were in the box, then you are shown the empty box, then the empty box is discarded. You will find the items in your inventory, but not the empty boxes.

It confuses pretty much everybody.

Red Ranger
09-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Took me a while to figure that out when I started getting the DLC Daily / weekly rewards.

When you get loot from an event like a Siege or whatever, it shows up in the same way that loot from a box in your Claims area does. First you get shown the items that were in the box, then you are shown the empty box, then the empty box is discarded. You will find the items in your inventory, but not the empty boxes.

It confuses pretty much everybody.

Zoialord
09-11-2014, 01:19 AM
To answer your questions, Helping anyone in any game has one of three outcomes, either you're thanked for the help, flamed for the so called "Kill Stealing" (even though the person still gets credit in Defiance for the damage done to the enemy) or you get nothing at all. Thats just the way MMOs seem to work today.

For question two its a FFA, anything that moves and is tagged as an enemy is a target, Anything that doesn't move and is tagged as an enemy is a target, anything thats dead... well you get the picture, but put a few bullets in them just to be sure :D

As for the question about rewards I've found the system works out weird, If you have a full inventory anything with an "Uncommon" rating or below seems to not get put into claims (it just doesn't give it out), anything that is Rare (Weapons and Nades) seem to go into Claims. I'm guessing that it just doesn't show you stuff that automatically gets "deleted" and just gives you some Ark salvage (or atleast that seems to be the case).

Oh and as for the stuff about the mobs.. Well just wait till the game decides to drop a few Apex Monarchs on you after you finish an event and are running low on Ammo :p

QipQip
09-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Hi all
Whats courtesy I hear you say, well back in the day it was a way of being considerate of others. And since I get resuscitated a lot rather than being left to self revive or teleport. I assume that there may be some consideration in my comrades in arms, unless their just trying to up their stats LOL

I think you're asking if you should thank a person who revives you? At a large event skip it.In the middle of the action they don't even see your name or the your thanks in the /zone scroll.At a small event with you and the other person a quick thanks in /area would be good.

1. I a single player against their pursuit or side quest is it preferable to let a low level player struggle with their combatant or is it okay to step in and frag the difficult SOB so the player can have time to recover their shield, ammo, or just escape without dying?

Just standing nearby raises the threat level, and made that low level struggle in the first place.Always help.

I cannot find arkspikes, arkbatteries or whatever they are called at any vendor. Is this because I only have a 1700 ego or is it because I am FTP?
You need the DLC 2 Arkbreaker to open that up.

Also although I compete in Arkbreaks, Incursions, and Sieges. And am often awarded lockboxes of Tier 3 or 4 I never seem to get them. Is this because my Inventory is full or do they go into my claim items. If the latter it seems that the number of claim items does not change. So I can only assume that I am not getting them.

The weapons that pop up on the screen are what was in the lockbox.You don't actually get a box to open in your inventory.

moof
09-11-2014, 02:08 AM
Hi all

So first has to do with gameplay courtesy

2. In a free for fall battle where everyone is blowing the crap out of everything they can get their scope on is it preferable to allow one player to take on one adversary or is it as I have said just a blow them all away, enemies that is.

Next the question of higher functions of the game.

Again, is this because I am FTP or just that I play so hardcore that the AI of the game is just punishing me, like it does when it drops ten flying hellbugs, and five robot badasses on me, along with five formidable minigunners or canoneers all at the same time.

(This happens to me a lot in FPS games, it sometimes seems that the game just does not want me to beat it. Because even if I succeed in defeating all enemies like thone above, without dying it will still drop a tank, or truck, or hit me with a bullet from an unknown source, when I am in the most unlikely place for such a thing to happen. In defiance it includes bullets through walls, or grenades or bombs from dead enemies as they fall to the floor.)

And finally, my Trion login name is mrjimbarnes but my player is called Gulac, so what is it that shows above my head. Because if its the former then please please tell me how I can change it.

I will be back with more later.

Gulac

1.swoop in and help if you want,but with threat scaling,youll jack the whole field into the stratosphere if your a near end ego like me,so if you do swoop in,make sure you carry it out to the finish

2.free for all,you mean the zerg swarm that does an incursion or seige...in that case,attack waht everyone else is attacking,thats the basic and straightfoward courtesy

3.ftp,you need the arkbreaker dlc to do that

4.you do get them,they are auto opened though,when you finish one of those,keep an eye on the top middle of the screen,it will show you getting weapons,or sometimes shields and grenades,thats your lockbox opening

5. see answer to question one,it trips the ai something feirce when a near end ego player drives by real quick,one of the problems of threat scaling

5,5? thats mostly defiances hilarious lag,google "moofs defiance battle videos" and youll be able to see my carefull documentation of defiance lag

6.its gulac,your account name is not your character name,your account name doesnt usually display anywhere