PDA

View Full Version : Does weapon rarity always equate to a fixed number of rolls?

Siygess
09-11-2014, 02:25 AM
I'm pretty sure that it used to be the case (?) that if you got a blue weapon, for instance, there was a chance that you could get one or more of the following:

A white bonus
A green bonus
A blue bonus

Now it seems to be the case that you always get one roll up to and including the rarity of the weapon itself. Is that true? I'm asking because I'm sure* my much-loved Legendary Grenade Launcher USED to have one of each but I'm convinced that by swapping mods around I've lost the white and blue rolls..

* Like, 80% sure. Or maybe 75%. But at least 50%! I'm old, damnit!

Snib
09-11-2014, 02:38 AM
I'd like to say that a weapon always comes with a number of bonus rolls equal to the rarity tier of the weapon but I feel it's safer to say that whatever happened to your weapon is working as intended. I recommend this thread for an inspiration of other things that could have happened: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?173454-Trionworlds-Gave-me-a-Legendary-Pulverizer...-LOL-check-this-out..

Lubber
09-11-2014, 05:47 AM
I'd like to say that a weapon always comes with a number of bonus roles equal to the rarity tier of the weapon but I feel it's safer to say that whatever happened to your weapon is working as intended. I recommend this thread for an inspiration of other things that could have happened: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?173454-Trionworlds-Gave-me-a-Legendary-Pulverizer...-LOL-check-this-out..
LOL :D

And to the topic, I have to add that white bonus may be missing for common (white), uncommon (green) and rare (blue) stuff.

alienstookmybeer
09-11-2014, 06:07 AM
I'm pretty sure that it used to be the case (?) that if you got a blue weapon, for instance, there was a chance that you could get one or more of the following:

A white bonus
A green bonus
A blue bonus

Now it seems to be the case that you always get one roll up to and including the rarity of the weapon itself. Is that true? I'm asking because I'm sure* my much-loved Legendary Grenade Launcher USED to have one of each but I'm convinced that by swapping mods around I've lost the white and blue rolls..

* Like, 80% sure. Or maybe 75%. But at least 50%! I'm old, damnit!

Use Mav's guide as your one-stop resource for bonus rolls.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?99055-Mav-s-Guide-to-Weapon-Bonus-Rolls-and-More&highlight=mav%27s+guide

White rolls were missing from low ego level weapons (intended). Blue rolls appear to be missing from pre-patch weapons because the blue roll was actually a chance of melee or standard nano effect (applies to weapons found before rolls overhaul patch last Oct). Also they screwed up the data cards so that melee nanos no longer display.

Edit: Forgot that white rolls on pre-patch weapons were limited to some SMG/AR/LMG weapons only. They were not available for detonators.

Siygess
09-11-2014, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the information! So I can totally understand why I don't have a white bonus role since I hit 1000 several months after I started using the launcher. As for the blue bonus roll being missing, well, bah!

Trion, feel free to give my poor Ground Pounder a +2 Mag blue bonus in place of a pointless Melee bonus it may or may not have :cool:

alienstookmybeer
09-11-2014, 06:36 AM
Had to edit my post. I forgot the white roll was never on pre-patch detonators. Only certain pre-patch SMG/AR/LMG weapon types.

I will add that you should consider holding onto it for now. The devs have mentioned that more salvage matrix options will be implemented down the road including re-rolling bonus rolls. Probably won't do anything for missing rolls from pre-patch weapons, but you never know.

xxxxmingoxxxx
09-11-2014, 06:42 AM
even if you put a ticket in youll get a genetic response now. theyll wait 5 days say they been bussy and that youve problable allready found an answer but you can update your ticket then they close it all in one motion. so you cant update . i had three out for over a month. several clan mates did to . and of those tickets only trion could fix. didnt matter they just closed them with the lame response.

Etaew
09-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Yes weapon rarity does determine the amount of fixed rolls you get.

You can play around with the Weapons Builder (7th Legion Nezumi) (http://www.defiancedata.com/weapons.php?m=245&weaponsbuilder) for any weapon model for an example.