PDA

View Full Version : Why do I have to sign in all the time?

Chocolatelover67
09-13-2014, 07:38 AM
Why is it now I have to sign in all the time when using the forums?

Can't this stay logged in like you know a normal forum?

Snib
09-13-2014, 07:39 AM
I stay logged in. Maybe your browser is set to delete cookies upon exiting?

edit: Nvm, had forgotten that I had fixed this issue previously. What you have to do is edit the bb7_sessionhash cookie and set an expiry date so it persists.

Chocolatelover67
09-13-2014, 07:44 AM
I stay logged in. Maybe your browser is set to delete cookies upon exiting?

Nope checked on that nothing is set to do that.

Every time I visit the forum I get taken to "Glyph account management" then sign in and then the forum loads.

Also since March 15 this year Email notifications for threads have never ever worked.. Kiwi did say she'd look into that but not a word on if it is a forum bug or not...

Snib
09-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Also since March 15 this year Email notifications for threads have never ever worked.. Kiwi did say she'd look into that but not a word on if it is a forum bug or not...

Given how other email notification/authentication mails are never getting sent out, either, I suppose it's a bigger problem with their infrastructure and not just a forum issue (it's the forums, too, though, because the in-forum notifications don't work, either).

But hey, account management is down again right now as well and if I did bother to log in and play I'm sure I'd get disconnected on the first event I'd join anyway...

Or like their glyph launcher is preventing any of their games from saving settings to the registry but they still haven't fixed it even though I gave them the details on that bug weeks ago. If even that software is not considered critical to them you can safely assume nothing is. Just not worth the bother.

Big Jack Shepard
09-13-2014, 08:00 AM
I'm having the same problem.

JadedSinn
09-13-2014, 09:07 AM
i find when ever i close my browser i have to log back in but if i leave it open i dont. never had to allways log in before and none of me setings have been changed so its on glyphs end

PiccolaRivolta
09-13-2014, 09:14 AM
Same prob here... I had to make a bookmark like this

forums.defiance.com/login.php?url=forum.php

to login faster each time.... Password and email is saved at least.

Chocolatelover67
09-14-2014, 08:12 PM
Hey also why do I keep getting emails to enter authorization codes when I am on the SAME computer? I get them every 2nd day, and have to enter them to log into my accounts page before the forum even loads, even with a saved link like the other poster suggested above..

Atticus Batman
09-14-2014, 08:16 PM
i find when ever i close my browser i have to log back in but if i leave it open i dont. never had to allways log in before and none of me setings have been changed so its on glyphs end

I have that issue too. Whatever happened to the "keep me logged in" feature that the forum had, that left me logged in for a week? It disappeared a couple weeks ago.

Chocolatelover67
09-15-2014, 02:55 AM
I have that issue too. Whatever happened to the "keep me logged in" feature that the forum had, that left me logged in for a week? It disappeared a couple weeks ago.

That explains why I can't find that option any more..

Xaat Xuun
09-15-2014, 08:10 AM
I was waiting till today to ask about this, am one of those that don't like waiting for answers, and there is no one around on weekends to reply to such queries.
for me this started last Tuesday.
it was Thursday I noticed the Keep logged in box was missing, only placed I mentioned this was in another thread, but that was for the Glyph Launcher, and I was talking about the Glyph Log in account, so was never answered, well I was, but it was for the Launcher.
I would had replied in this thread sooner, don't know why I never saw it till today, because I have been searching for such since Friday . . . oh well

I'm sure all that needs to be done is reapply the Stay logged in Box, so we can check that again

Xaat Xuun
09-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Maybe it's a message to the (what seems to be) few of us, to stop Visiting the forums

Chocolatelover67
09-16-2014, 02:45 AM
Maybe it's a message to the (what seems to be) few of us, to stop Visiting the forums

But if people do that where will they complain about the game they love so much LOL?

Xaat Xuun
09-16-2014, 04:42 AM
But if people do that where will they complain about the game they love so much LOL?
maybe that's why I'm not allowed to stay logged and have to log in every time . . I don't complain enough

well I'm complaining now

Xaat Xuun
09-16-2014, 02:15 PM
well ???
is this doing to be fixed or not ?

Amack
09-16-2014, 02:33 PM
It is not a universal problem which might be why it would be difficult to fix.

I can stay logged into the forums indefinitely, and I never saw nor used a 'Stay logged in' checkbox.

Xaat Xuun
09-16-2014, 03:32 PM
It is not a universal problem which might be why it would be difficult to fix.

I can stay logged into the forums indefinitely, and I never saw nor used a 'Stay logged in' checkbox.
now I'm Jealous
and on top of that
today since I'v logged in, Threads I've read are not showing as read
I might have to reply to every post now, just to see if I had read it already, and making sure I'm always the last post

Xaat Xuun
09-16-2014, 04:46 PM
just had to sign in several times to stay logged in, something is very whacky happening , Chucky , I'm Scared

wk9kMGLkOEk

Xaat Xuun
09-16-2014, 10:55 PM
I still have to sign in, and still read messages are not showing as read, which seems to be the new thing that started today

crazyged
09-17-2014, 12:39 AM
I'm just wondering...

What browser is everyone using?

My login went haywire after the latest Firefox update, along with clicked links not changing.

After deleting my cache and cookies, it's working again. I stay logged on at home.

My work PC has just updated Firefox and I now have the same problems, so I'm going to try the clear cookies and cache thing again.

I could be wrong, but maybe try it and see.

Xaat Xuun
09-17-2014, 09:35 AM
with the frustration I have with this, I thought of trying a different browser, but forget to

Xaat Xuun
09-17-2014, 01:15 PM
lol . . oh man I forgot to try a different Browser, Still had to log in

moof
09-17-2014, 01:18 PM
lol . . oh man I forgot to try a different Browser, Still had to log in

i use google chrome,had the autocomplete memorize my stuff,so its always one click for me

im sure other browsers can do this

JEMINAI
09-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Archage forum overload of unhappy patrons I'd say.

Xaat Xuun
09-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Archage forum overload of unhappy patrons I'd say.
what's happening over there ? that has them unhappy

Xaat Xuun
09-17-2014, 02:10 PM
just got an idea, for another song . . to the tune "party all the time" and someone wittier then I to write the lyrics, but something with "why do I have to sign in all the time "

bDbpzjbXUZI

JEMINAI
09-17-2014, 05:17 PM
what's happening over there ? that has them unhappy

defiance launch 2.0
cept with more players and more $ involved.

Xaat Xuun
09-18-2014, 02:15 AM
oh

'

'

still need to log in

Chocolatelover67
09-18-2014, 06:58 AM
How do you turn on autocomplete in Firefox?

Amack
09-18-2014, 07:12 AM
How do you turn on autocomplete in Firefox? (https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=How%20do%20you%20turn%20on%20autocomplete%20in %20firefox)

Google FTW

Xaat Xuun
09-18-2014, 04:27 PM
don't like that option, I would rather had it the way it's been

using chrome now, I closed it, and came back and still need to log in

gave up looking for the announcement that Trion was going to remove the "Remember me or stay logged" check box, figured they just never posted one, or placed it in a uncommon area that not many go to read for such

LegendaryU2K
09-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Guys i don't have this problem, because i use Seamonkey ;) its better than firefox anyway. But i am wondering, how come Glyph keeps updating everytime i start it lol

Xaat Xuun
09-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Guys i don't have this problem, because i use Seamonkey ;) its better than firefox anyway. But i am wondering, how come Glyph keeps updating everytime i start it lol
when you logged in last, did you still have the option to check the box [ stay or keep logged in] ?

yeah, I was having that (Glyph updating) just before I no longer had a box to check, to stay logged in

Still needing to log in, I really don't want to be browser jumping, just to stay logged in, I wouldn't mind if it was something I had to do every 10 days, some sites I have to do that, I just don't like having to log in after every time I close the browser

Snib
09-19-2014, 01:26 PM
If you have a browser/extension that allows you to edit the cookies these forums set then you can just convert the session cookies to permanent cookies by setting the "Expires" field to some date (far) in the future. You'll want to change the bb7_sessionhash cookie at least. You'll stay logged in then even after restarting the browser.

ironcladtrash
09-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Google FTW
If you're going to give him the link you should use the correct one :D . http://bit.ly/1uMngkG

Sliverbaer
09-19-2014, 02:02 PM
If you're going to give him the link you should use the correct one :D . http://bit.ly/1uMngkG

+1 - I LOVE 'let me google that for you'!

Xaat Xuun
09-19-2014, 04:51 PM
+1 - I LOVE 'let me google that for you'!
ahh a while back I was having troubles with a search , and someone did that for me,
I won't forget that experience . . I clicked the link, wasn't impressed . . then .. hey . . what . . whoa . . this is cool

had to login to post that I would like to have the box back to check again, to stay logged in

Xaat Xuun
09-20-2014, 02:03 AM
well one unanswered week if this will be fixed . . Or not ..
and yes I still have to log in .. since it's the weekend again .. will wait till Monday to continue

I'm starting to get upset of not hearing if this will get fixed

Snib
09-20-2014, 02:23 AM
Considering how trivial it is to fix it yourself why get worked up? Nothing much in this game gets fixed unless you fix it yourself.

Xaat Xuun
09-20-2014, 04:16 PM
My mind is going, I can feel it

c8N72t7aScY

Xaat Xuun
09-25-2014, 04:57 PM
the cookie thing didn't work for me :(
was just waiting till today to post that,

and this MUahahahahha

http://www.omnicrola.com/linked_images/thread-resurrection.jpg

Chocolatelover67
09-26-2014, 05:20 AM
the cookie thing didn't work for me :(
was just waiting till today to post that,

and this MUahahahahha

http://www.omnicrola.com/linked_images/thread-resurrection.jpg

Haha I haven't watched BSG again in a long time........

Xaat Xuun
01-28-2015, 06:46 PM
If you have a browser/extension that allows you to edit the cookies these forums set then you can just convert the session cookies to permanent cookies by setting the "Expires" field to some date (far) in the future. You'll want to change the bb7_sessionhash cookie at least. You'll stay logged in then even after restarting the browser.

searched whole computer, there is no bb7_sessionhash to be found

Chocolatelover67
01-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Updated Firefox now it stores my login

Xaat Xuun
01-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Updated Firefox now it stores my login
yeah tried that, didn't help, tried Seamonkey, nope , didn't save either.
just now trying the Cookie Manager from Fire Fox . . and it's not helping either, still trying

funny thing . . well not funny . . but I never had a problem finding cookies, . . not even using search I still cannot find cookies, but with the cookie manager I can see them now, but there is nothing allowing me to edit them, just remove

this is the only site I can not stay logged in, because the cookie

Xaat Xuun
01-28-2015, 07:26 PM
finally got in to it able to edit, but strange the expiration date is already a year from now. so don't know why I still have to log in every time after I close the browser

has to be something other then a cookie

vash2x60billion
01-28-2015, 10:13 PM
Yeah i do think thats pretty whack.

Bentu
01-28-2015, 11:47 PM
Why is it now I have to sign in all the time when using the forums?

Can't this stay logged in like you know a normal forum?

It is beginning to become a right royal pain in the @ss, surly something can be done about it.

Edit. I tried Google Chrome and it lets me save email and password but I still have to manually sign in.

Chocolatelover67
01-29-2015, 07:03 AM
I'm using Firefox 34.0.5

Stores my login for the forums with no problem. I still have to log in each session though which is a pain.

duction
01-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Use a password library, way easier.

TheStigsCousin
01-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Yes, Firefox remembers log in info, email and password. You still have to click log in every visit to the page. What it needs is a remember me, or keep me logged in, or auto log in check box.

Chocolatelover67
01-29-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes, Firefox remembers log in info, email and password. You still have to click log in every visit to the page. What it needs is a remember me, or keep me logged in, or auto log in check box.

Yep that's it.

Sadly that checkbox is not on the site.

Atticus Batman
01-30-2015, 03:25 AM
Yep that's it.

Sadly that checkbox is not on the site.

Not on the site anymore. It used to be, but was removed during a revamp.

Iceberg
02-16-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm using Firefox 34.0.5

Stores my login for the forums with no problem. I still have to log in each session though which is a pain.

I am using 35.0.1 and I am have the issue. The auto completer works but I would rather just come to the site and automatically login without needing to hit any keys.

Burned In Effigy
02-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Could it have to do with all the spam ? Just asking cuz it gets annoying having to log in every time.

Xaat Xuun
02-16-2015, 05:52 PM
this happened before the spam . . I could be recalling it wrong, but this was done around the time those DOS attacks were happening. the spam started later

Strange thing is how some can stay logged in and some of us cannot after closing a browser.