PDA

View Full Version : Devs, Chimera Dailies need some more effort

Kobalobasileus
09-14-2014, 01:51 PM
This week we have been required to do Island of Lost Soldiers Expert at least 3 times (including consecutive days). This repetition issue has become more pronounced in the last few weeks.

Why are the Chimera Dailies not in a different coop map every day in a given week? Doing the same map every day is boring, and it's not like there aren't enough coop maps to change it up more often.

Also, has any thought been given to creating a Chimera weekly that involves doing perhaps 3 Expert coops during the week?

JadedSinn
09-14-2014, 02:02 PM
This week we have been required to do Island of Lost Soldiers Expert at least 3 times (including consecutive days). This repetition issue has become more pronounced in the last few weeks.

Why are the Chimera Dailies not in a different coop map every day in a given week? Doing the same map every day is boring, and it's not like there aren't enough coop maps to change it up more often.

Also, has any thought been given to creating a Chimera weekly that involves doing perhaps 3 Expert coops during the week?

just rresently got my ark tech revalusion DLC after a year of playing the game andn ot wanting to buy anything more becuse i felt almost all the other dlcs where pritty well... useless.

and now that i am forced to do chimera events to get corse to get the guns and mods i want. i have to agree. it is boring as hell doing the same map 3 or even 4 days in a row when we have well over what 10 ? co op maps that could be used one diffrent one each day. not to mention the only real " weekly " mission that gives u an Exspert map and drops you 3 cores is for the paradise vender. witch is pointless to anyone that dosnet own the 5th DLC becuse all you can get are the paradise vender mods and not the guns

i think we should be makeing 1 core per exspert run done in a single day. not 1 per day and 3 per week.

i feel we are geting a little under cut on the ammount of cores we are geting and we should be geting more then dailys from the chimera faction.

its one of the slowest factions right now to grind out rep for. only reseving 10 per day. and only makeing 7 - 10 cores a week . while most all the other factions you can max them out in a 2-4 week time. chimera it takes 2-3 mounths just to get up the cores to get one gun modded out.

personaly i think the chimera faction and the chimera dailys and the Exspert runs need to be slightly retooled and set up diffrently.

such as ( imo ))

1: each time you run an exspert run you reseave 1 core. (( DLC holders ONLY ))
2: u have 1 new map each day. not the same shuffle each day.
3: add a weekly event to the chimera faction that drops 50 Rep and 3 cores for compleating it.
4: remove the weekly Exspert run from paradise faction and replace it with something paradise faction based.
5: remove chimera DLC only weapons from paradise vender and make them paradise faction weapons that ALL players can access.

thats all i can come up with.

over all for something that is sapost to be END GAME content. its not realy all that thrilling and its overly .... repetative ? it could due with some work. if not alot of work.

hardy83
09-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Having no weekly is pretty dumb, even if that weekly was to do 3-5 experts.

It's intentionally slow. It's the same reasoning behind them splitting up the 7th Legion weekly into two weeklies for the same rep.
It's just to pad out the grind. There's no other reason, and definitely not to the benefit of the player.

I understand that the Chimera weapons are basically the "end game" weapons to get, but the rep doesn't have to be so stupid to grow.
Move the weekly from Paradise that requires you to do an expert to Chimera and have it offer 50 Chimera rep. Turn the Paradise weekly into something normal.

Of course, like WM and 7th Legion, this issue will go completely ignored and our pleas fall on deaf ears.

Kobalobasileus
09-14-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm not too bothered by the reward rates. Most of the Paradise/Chimera weapons are junk anyway. It would just be nice not to get stuck in a rut with the dailies.

Explosions 101 is one of the few maps with a guaranteed top-tier Hulker and Tanker. I got gypped out of my Defiant Few weekly last week because nobody would do that map with me without it being a daily.

Lubber
09-15-2014, 07:01 AM
It is strange that expert co-op map runs are not popular while it is one of the most rewarding events nowadays. Not speaking of some maps are the best designed evens in the whole game.
For me The Motherlode boss encounter is one of the best things in the game (Monolith is also great) and in the whole MMO genre (on expert, not if he is oneshoted with highego player on standard run): it has different stages, tactics (recharger and mob shooting), need for precise aiming and even destructions. Jugging by the quality, it is almost as this encounter was made by some other devs. Wish he'd have at least triple HP though to prolong the pleasure.