PDA

View Full Version : Weapon balancing. What's that?

RushNlowZ
04-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Alright I've seen enough guns in the beta and in the released game to ask who decided some of these gun stats? I mean did the VOT assault rifle just get completely overlooked? It SUCKS! Usually around 40 damage with ~15.0 fire rate and about a 40-60 round clip. It's dwarfed by SMG's. I mean what is the deal with the weapon balancing? Average SMG's deal around 150-230 damage with decent fire rates. I really think Trion needs to take a good look at their product, scratch their head, and start making some reasonable decisions to fix what's going on. Lag issues set aside there are still some huge hurdles here they are gonna have to get over and in a hurry. The general public is not exactly patient and is pretty unforgiving when it comes to problems with games.

JerZey CJ
04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Not every weapon should be able to compete with every other weapon. This is an MMO, there is supposed to be progression, you're supposed to get better gear.

ChaosOneX
04-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Did you happed to notice the vot ar fires 3 or 4 projectiles with each shot?

RushNlowZ
04-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Yes there is progression but having useless crap isn't progression it's a boat anchor. It just slows you down. And why shouldn't every weapon be competitive with the others. Not everyone wants to use a sniper rifle and a LMG. If I want to run a BMG and an Infector (which are also RIDICULOUSLY underpowered) I should be able to do so. Weapon balancing is a helpful tool that makes this possible. Diablo 3 (I know it's a different type of game) uses a lot of stats but breaks a lot of weapons down to a DPS (damage per second). The DPS is attack rate (per second) x damage = DPS. I know in shooters you also have to take into account crits and accuracy but that just makes for a more complicated equation. When it comes down to it the base weapons should be all around the same DPS but that's not the case here which makes it hard for you to jump into a game and use which ever gun you think functions kinda cool. It think they should be more balanced. Once you start progressing through the game the guns you find I know will start to lean the balance based on what you find but not right at the beginning. It just leads to some guns never getting a chance at all.

RushNlowZ
04-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Did you happed to notice the vot ar fires 3 or 4 projectiles with each shot?

Nope single round fire in full auto. It's not a shotgun.

ChaosOneX
04-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Firstly, if you think the infector is under powered, I beg to differ. It may not seem impressive at first, but I have seen both it and the bmg rock pvp. And the smg can outshine a lmg if used well. =/

ChaosOneX
04-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Nope single round fire in full auto. It's not a shotgun.

I don't know what gun you are using then. The vot blast rifles have a spread shot, hence the low damage

RushNlowZ
04-03-2013, 07:01 PM
I don't know what gun you are using then. The vot blast rifles have a spread shot, hence the low damage

Before the server died.... I found one and unloaded it on a wall to check for that very same factor. It was single round per shot, maybe you got a better one that me but even if it fires 4 rounds per shot it still 40 x 4 (160 dmg) x 15 rounds per second (still lower than the average SMG) on top of that the crit mod is 1.1x. IE garbage.

Adal8807
04-03-2013, 07:02 PM
A couple things, I have a Trachyon VOT Blast Rifle I think it's called Trachyon I could be wrong though, anyways it's a pretty rare gun for our low levels and it deals like shadow damage and cause people to completely evaporate once there health is in the lower 15%. It shoots 4-5 projectiles each dealing only 40 damage but it shoots faster than any submachine gun i've had yet and its a 50 bullet clip. I really beg to differ that AR's are under powered. You just have to find the right ones. Also the infector has to be the best gun for any Ark Fall hunter. Once you find a Blue/Purple or Rare/elite infector you will see that its a boss *** gun. It ignores Helbugs armor so once you get D.O.T.'s on any helbug I get up to like 256 every second for each "blob"thats infecting the helbug.

Spray and pray with infectors then switch to my blast rifle and I've been unmatched in MOST arkfalls that I haven't lagged out of.

RushNlowZ
04-03-2013, 07:13 PM
A couple things, I have a Trachyon VOT Blast Rifle I think it's called Trachyon I could be wrong though, anyways it's a pretty rare gun for our low levels and it deals like shadow damage and cause people to completely evaporate once there health is in the lower 15%. It shoots 4-5 projectiles each dealing only 40 damage but it shoots faster than any submachine gun i've had yet and its a 50 bullet clip. I really beg to differ that AR's are under powered. You just have to find the right ones. Also the infector has to be the best gun for any Ark Fall hunter. Once you find a Blue/Purple or Rare/elite infector you will see that its a boss *** gun. It ignores Helbugs armor so once you get D.O.T.'s on any helbug I get up to like 256 every second for each "blob"thats infecting the helbug.

Spray and pray with infectors then switch to my blast rifle and I've been unmatched in MOST arkfalls that I haven't lagged out of.

Congratulations on your find. Getting a good weapon is hard to come by but unless you have stats right on the weapon stating that it kills enemies when they take damage from it at 15% of health their I don't believe you. I have an assault rifle and a shot gun with shadow on them and they just change the death sequence for the enemies (they evaporate). And like I said before though once you clear the base weapons and start getting rare loot drops you can expect to get weapons that will make the base weapons look like poo. The fact of the matter is that the base weapons that most people start with are going to be infecters that don't do any damage. The one you mentioned has a special firing type I didn't see in any of the vendors near the start of the game. I did find one like it though.

ChaosOneX
04-03-2013, 07:20 PM
At this point I think you are just trolling. Siphon will kill an enemy if it triggers. The nano effect is that it harms the enemy and heals you, with that many shots, its possible to happen regularly. And all blast rifles spread their shot, so...

Adal8807
04-03-2013, 07:21 PM
I wish I could show it to you, it's actually an insanely awesome gun. I'll post a video of me trashing mobs with it today or tomorrow. If i can get ingame that is...

ChaosOneX
04-03-2013, 07:23 PM
I'll be on in like 8 hours, I got work... If you wish to continue then, by all means

RushNlowZ
04-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I'll be on in like 8 hours, I got work... If you wish to continue then, by all means

Nope not trolling. Just disappointed with some of the guns. I was hoping that all the gun types would be at least competitive with one another. Never know maybe they will release better variants to some of the less powerful weapons. Here hoping to that.

Roewan
04-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Keep in mind that, as you reach higher EGO levels, you will begin to get gear that is more "mod-able" and will have access to much better mods (Synergy sets being the best). We have a full guide to weapon mods on Defiance Junkies -- check my signature for the link.