PDA

View Full Version : Why make a clan?

EVOKnight
04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
can someone tell me the benefits of the in game clan system? Obviously no housing but is there shared storage? weapon trading etc?

unified uniforms/clan emblems etc?

I mean there needs to be a point to it besides just a global friends list in game.

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
So you can play with others and enjoy an MMO with more people with same goals.

Durva360
04-03-2013, 06:32 PM
can someone tell me the benefits of the in game clan system? Obviously no housing but is there shared storage? weapon trading etc?

unified uniforms/clan emblems etc?

I mean there needs to be a point to it besides just a global friends list in game. Much easier to get on the same "Shard" as friends and you can already trade with people even if they aren't in your clan

ArcticKats
04-03-2013, 06:35 PM
I was wondering the same thing as all I can see is that you can buy XP and Script boosts for your clan so the members can level and get cash faster, but why waste the 5,000 scripts in order to get a clan that has no benefits for making it?

EVOKnight
04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I can see a shared friends list in game being helpful. XBL frinds list doesnt exactly do a good job catagorizing friends by game.
I understand the social benefits I was just wondering if there where any logistical ones.

Hazel
04-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Many non-WoW games have clans/guilds that are only for the sole purpose of uniting a group of people together under one name. It's not actually that uncommon. The whole reason for the clan is to be with a group of like-minded people that you can play the game with and talk to. When the bugs are ironed out and it starts working properly it'll be just like being in a guild in SWTOR or any other game with this sort of system.

The xp/scrip/drop boosts are pretty neat though. If you get lots of people in your group it isn't so bad for one person to donate like $1 worth of bits towards a day of bonus xp for everyone. I know that I'll be doing that once the game is stable.