PDA

View Full Version : My interpretation on daily or open ended repeatable tasks in Defiance

Etaew
09-18-2014, 02:33 PM
I came up with an idea yesterday and spent some time visualising it with images.

There are flaws with the design, and there are limitations that the client has.

My Concepts (http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=354)

Do you guys like the ideas of:

a more familiar form of daily quests outside or replacing the reputation and contract system?
collecting the score from emergencies, conflict sites are other minor events to go towards a single claimable rewards screen and making the content relevant?
selectable rewards to focus your progression?
Do you like the idea of
Having trackable information on the right under minimap instead of having to delve into screens?

Atticus Batman
09-18-2014, 03:56 PM
I{snip}

a more familiar form of daily quests outside or replacing the reputation and contract system?

A set of regular daily quests to do would be fun.

collecting the score from emergencies, conflict sites are other minor events to go towards a single claimable rewards screen and making the content relevant?

not sure. It may be me, but this idea doesn't seem worded very clearly.

selectable rewards to focus your progression?

That would be great!

Having trackable information on the right under minimap instead of having to delve into screens?

But where would the clock, that I can't read, go?! Good idea but they need to fix the color, so we can actually read it then.

Etaew
09-18-2014, 04:06 PM
not sure. It may be me, but this idea doesn't seem worded very clearly.
Yeah I suck at writing, which is why I made images. Think of an open ended incursion with a global score tracking.

But where would the clock, that I can't read, go?! Good idea but they need to fix the color, so we can actually read it then.
Think more about the mission tracker, for an objective tracker.

AllGamer
09-18-2014, 04:17 PM
I like all your listed ideas, that how we've seen it done properly in other fantasy MMOs

SirServed
09-18-2014, 04:47 PM
This needs to be implemented, ASAP. The scoring system in its current state is hurting and allowing you to save your score gained will allow even low level Ark Hunters to get things like Keycodes and Arkforge as they need to. It will also allow players to participate in activities and use the rewards as they see fit. For example, I don't do contracts for Thorn Liro because there's nothing for me to spend Thorn Liro currency on. This could change that.

Tallon
09-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Good ideas, But... since they haven't even fixed the many broken things in the game yet and have gone out of their way to nerf, overcharge, and increase the monotany (thus decreasing interest) in the game I have a hard time believing they would implement anything actually usefull and beneficial at this point. One can only hope I guess, dreaming is good.

Bentu
09-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Sorry but I don't want any further information on the screen, as it is there is far to much.
Yes we can minimise the over scan but I find all tge clutter far to distracting and it spoils the view on the screen.

Rant over and on topic, yes it's a good idea but just another thing that will be cheesed so peeps can get better rewards cheap.

ironcladtrash
09-18-2014, 05:53 PM
I despise daily contracts in general. Being at max ego there isn't much to do after finishing the daily contracts besides PVP. All the other pursuits are mostly just kill X number of enemies. I wish the faction rep was just workable goals and not time gated. Maybe make it a reward for being at 5500 or higher to make the daily's repeatable.

JadedSinn
09-18-2014, 06:08 PM
if u make it happen and this all comes into game. i know who to thank and who to kick latter for haveing so much new stuff to worry aobut :P jk love the idea . would love to see it in game . after a long pts run

hardy83
09-18-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't know if basing missions or contracts on a "score" is a good idea given the....Errr...Ummm... How to put it lightly...."randomness" of the server stability.

I'm sure people love it enough getting disconnected in the middle of a major event, but to have missions rely on score that get wiped on the RNG that is the server. I don't know if that's a good idea. lol

Of course since they love to change systems willy nilly, it's probably a bad idea for that too. I mean how often does a Volge siege go past level 10 now?
That pursuit must be near impossible to complete now, let alone ones like kill the Warmaster.

Holy Bahamut3
09-18-2014, 06:20 PM
This topic was placed in general discussion; because, we all know they are not interested in our ideas. That is why the suggestions! Part of the forums has fallen into disrepair. Heck the last stickied thread there was from OverloadUT if that tells you anything. I asked kiwi if she would look into maybe getting that area of the forums revamped, and haven't heard a peep since. So I assume it was an overwhelming no from the Dev team. I don't mean to disrail Etaews thread, I just want everybody to realize the reality of our situation.

That said good ideas Etaew, unfortunately I feel we're the only ones listening.

hardy83
09-18-2014, 06:22 PM
This topic was placed in general discussion; because, we all know they are not interested in our ideas. That is why the suggestions! Part of the forums has fallen into disrepair. Heck the last stickied thread there was from OverloadUT if that tells you anything. I asked kiwi if she would look into maybe getting that area of the forums revamped, and haven't heard a peep since. So I assume it was an overwhelming no from the Dev team. I don't mean to disrail Etaews thread, I just want everybody to realize the reality of our situation.

That said good ideas Etaew, unfortunately I feel we're the only ones listening.

Well to be fair, they probably don't have enough resources to deal with their own ideas, let alone even consider outside ideas. :P

Holy Bahamut3
09-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Well to be fair, they probably don't have enough resources to deal with their own ideas, let alone even consider outside ideas. :P

Fair enough... Still felt it needed to be said. Don't want the new people getting hopeful is all. Spares us all the un-needed spite later.

Kobalobasileus
09-18-2014, 06:43 PM
Good ideas here. I find the current dailies to be really silly. I haven't completed the story (I only play story missions with my friends, who apparently don't care about this game), yet am nearly 5300 EGO from doing open world stuff and dailies.

The silly part is when I DO get to play some story missions, they are almost all things I've done a million times already for dailies/weeklies. :rolleyes:

Lubber
09-19-2014, 06:01 AM
I am not agree with the idea of grinding for guaranteed rewards other than exp points. Rewards like arkforge and keys should be earned not grinded. What is suggested is grinding - meaning the dumb time investment without need for any player skill guarantee rewards.

What I would like to see is better reward for better effort, not guaranteed rewards. For example, more different tasks (like landing X critical/rescue/nano kills, X kills with specific weapon type, X revives of other players, dealing X damage, killing X specific enemy types or boss, complete event without going down, upgrade X turrets (at Volge sieges), etc.) in current events, that would boost the score and grant more and better rewards. It is easy to implement cause the game already register this things. All is needed is a displayed counter for this tasks and rewards.

Etaew
09-19-2014, 06:13 AM
What I would like to see is better reward for better effort, ... For example, more different tasks... boost the score

You say you would rather a daily task that rewards effort, such as actions which increase your score. But having a daily task to achieve a score, through that effort doesn't match?

Lubber
09-19-2014, 06:28 AM
You say you would rather a daily task that rewards effort, such as actions which increase your score. But having a daily task to achieve a score, through that effort doesn't match?

It would match if the task is to reach like X score in ONE event, not to reach X score cumulatively from dozens of events by grinding events until you reach it. I am sorry, if I actually misunderstood your idea.

My basic idea is to diverse player activity during each particular event on top of simple shooting (e.g. using green boosting things during Monolith encounter).

I would love for a developer to step in and back you up as far as how easy/difficult this would actually be to implement.

Me too!

JadedSinn
09-19-2014, 07:23 AM
on the DC issue i think that the score should be hard saved into the server untill you turn it in.( make it like a currancy you collect that resets each day )) that way if you where Dced it would be there when you came back. and it would reset each night at the normel server reset time. that way we didnt have score horders trying to hord there scores to the next day and the next day. over all this would also alow players that do have alot of time on there hands IE people like me. to get the rewords thay want by geting the comunitve score over the corse of a day insted of the small useless scores i gather rushing though an ark fall or any other event.

this would also garentry me some kind of reword for the smaller events that dont give me jek when i compleat them like the miner conflic sites and road sides that take me about 2 mins to compleat with a bmg. solo. it would also offer up higher eo players a way to make the AF KC and CC thay want and need to get the guns weapons adn ear thay wnat and need. over all

this idea would be much well used. and with in a few weeks with proper codeing this could be created and installed into the game farly swiftly. thats if thay have a few coders to spare if need be thay could steal some from AA and there other games ;) and have this kind of system up and going in a mounth or 2