PDA

View Full Version : Sick of this game!!!!

Rouge Assasin
09-19-2014, 10:16 AM
What a total waste of time and money I have spent on this broken game! I have bought (3) of the DLC packs in the past two weeks. Just started playing recently.
All three packs are complete garbage!
I got the charge pack first so I could SELL tickets to get into arena (5k and I even helped farm kills). PATCHED
Next i got the arkfall DLC. 90% of the ones I open, I get booted and when I come back I get booted again or its gone. ( I have only seen 5 of the "25" Volge weapons)
So the other day I bought the Arktech revolution. BIGGEST waste of all. You cant even use it until your reach lvl 5000. What were you people thinking?
The game is nothing more then a pay to win grindfest with CONSTANT Disconnections!
Im now at lvl 3000+ and have YET to find a legendary weapon. Opened maybe 100 lvl 3 lock boxes and 200 lvl 2.
No response to ticket. Ill file one with sony and then my CC company for failure to deliver!
I dump a LOT of money into games I enjoy. Wont spend another penny on this one!

Marshal Law
09-19-2014, 10:23 AM
What color rouge?

DrTogobban
09-19-2014, 10:24 AM
What a total waste of time and money I have spent on this broken game! I have bought (3) of the DLC packs in the past two weeks. Just started playing recently.
I got the charge pack first so I could SELL tickets to get into arena (5k and I even helped farm kills). PATCHED
Next i got the arkfall DLC. 90% of the ones I open, I get booted and when I come back I get booted again or its gone. ( I have only seen 5 of the "25" Volge weapons)
So the other day I bought the Arktech revolution. BIGGEST waste of all. You cant even use it until your reach lvl 5000. What were you people thinking?
The game is nothing more then a pay to win grindfest with CONSTANT Disconnections!
Im now at lvl 3000+ and have YET to find a legendary weapon. Opened maybe 100 lvl 3 lock boxes and 200 lvl 2.
No response to ticket. Ill file one with sony and then my CC company for failure to deliver!

Ok, well the first one, cry me a river. You bought it to profit from, and it was patched?

Arkfall kicks, that's unfortunate, I can agree with you on that

Arktech rev? I hear you on that one as well, there's not much I've seen that makes it worth buying if you're under 5k - though, you can complete the snakes bite 2 without setting foot in an expert co-op.

Shame you haven't found a legendary, but you're much more likely to get them in t4's. I've found many legendary's in 7th legion and t4's this month alone, probably 2 per week, and I still have two legendary's under 1k ego.

Can you even get a legendary in a t2?

AllGamer
09-19-2014, 10:29 AM
I only recently started this game, and close to 3000
i've already had several oranges, 7+ don't remember, as i recycled the ones i found early in game.
at the moment using 3 of them oranges, as they are within my EGO level.

most of the oranges I got from doing sieges, or from T4 boxes

CM Kiwibird
09-19-2014, 11:41 AM

No, it's definitely not currently possible to get a legendary from a tier 2 lockbox. We have that in the patch notes here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172192-Defiance-2.204-%28hotfix%29-Patch-Notes) Sorry about the confusion.

Regarding wait times from support, I'd suggest contacting Live Chat if you need assistance. We're having high traffic so there will be delayed responses for tickets.

DrTogobban
09-19-2014, 12:09 PM
No, it's definitely not currently possible to get a legendary from a tier 2 lockbox. We have that in the patch notes here. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?172192-Defiance-2.204-%28hotfix%29-Patch-Notes) Sorry about the confusion.

Right, I remember seeing that recently, but I couldn't recall the date, or the status before that, that could have impacted the other players chances. If he's gotten all of those t2's since that patch, it's no wonder he hasn't received a legendary

SirServed
09-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Too bad you play on PS3, I could have assisted you on PC. If you were willing to buy 3 DLC packs separately then you may as well have invested 10 dollars more in the Season Pass.

If you DC getting into Arkbreaks I can only recommend you do them with someone you know. Have that person go in with the long load in timer then use Go To Leader to instantly port to them, bypassing the long load in timer. Some of the best weapons in the game come from the WM encounter.

Arktech Revolution is more useful than you realize. You get 450 more EGO rating worth in perks by owning this DLC. You can circumvent the 5k EGO for Experts ordeal by making friends with someone over 5k EGO and going in with them. Also, the Nano Damage boosting perks are a must have.

If I were to rate the DLC packs by usefulness: 2 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 1.

Ajaxtu
09-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Just buy the ultimate edition copy of the game, includes some of the DLC, 1000 bits, 1 year pass, 2000k arkforge, loads of other things, for just $35.00. Best day ever. Found this out after i bought the DLC pack but still bought it for all the other goodies.

Best part is Charles, my hellbug liaison that helps me on my journeys. He sits on my desk and looks pretty damn slick. Beats the stupid Halo Helmet on my bookshelf any day.

Z0mb13
09-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Ok, well the first one, cry me a river. You bought it to profit from, and it was patched?

Arkfall kicks, that's unfortunate, I can agree with you on that

Arktech rev? I hear you on that one as well, there's not much I've seen that makes it worth buying if you're under 5k - though, you can complete the snakes bite 2 without setting foot in an expert co-op.

Shame you haven't found a legendary, but you're much more likely to get them in t4's. I've found many legendary's in 7th legion and t4's this month alone, probably 2 per week, and I still have two legendary's under 1k ego.

Not anymore

NeuroticHitman
09-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Welcome to Defiance :)

LegendaryU2K
09-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Pay to win?
Defiance is one of the few games which isn't pay to win. I'ts not even pay to enjoy.

Chump Norris
09-19-2014, 09:13 PM

I wont get in to buying a DLC so you can exploit a mistake for profit then being mad when it get fixed...

I will try to put a possitive spin on the DLCs.

Cast DLC - Access to vendor with swords and a nice surge bolter, New Race for you to play as, Customization redo, More pursuits so more EGO, Access to probably the best way to complete annoying pursuits (5k bolt sniper kills for example).

Arkbreaker DLC - Ok this one doesn't have much going for it besides the use of the weapons and a few pursuits.

Arktech DLC - This one comes with access to some nice perks and you get 1k AF. You can still do expert co-ops you just need to find people to take you in and then prove you can carry your weight. When you hit 5k you will have some cores saved up to buy a nice weapon and maybe some mods for it. It does suck you cant use the weapon till 5k but it does save you forge down the road.

Annouke
09-19-2014, 09:31 PM
Too bad you play on PS3, I could have assisted you on PC. If you were willing to buy 3 DLC packs separately then you may as well have invested 10 dollars more in the Season Pass.

If you DC getting into Arkbreaks I can only recommend you do them with someone you know. Have that person go in with the long load in timer then use Go To Leader to instantly port to them, bypassing the long load in timer. Some of the best weapons in the game come from the WM encounter.

Arktech Revolution is more useful than you realize. You get 450 more EGO rating worth in perks by owning this DLC. You can circumvent the 5k EGO for Experts ordeal by making friends with someone over 5k EGO and going in with them. Also, the Nano Damage boosting perks are a must have.

If I were to rate the DLC packs by usefulness: 2 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 1.

To point out you can still get the extra ego from leveling up even without access to ArkTech DLC just can't use the points on the perks.

As for the one guy. First off, you should of figured it would be patched even though you can still take players with you for the exp. at least. I keep hearing people talk about constant disconnects yet only really suffered them when the server was lagging really bad or the DDOS attacks. Once in awhile ya I did get disconnected but lately not so much. Cable w/ Comcast if that helps at all. As for legendary weapons and shields trust me the random game is just that random. On my main I don't think I got my first legendary intil I was around 1400 ego range yet on my 2nd character I got my first at about 300 from a Dark Matter Major Ark. Also, the arktech dlc is pretty much a must have since the long haul with a good clan...you can get the best mods earlier if they take you for the experts, the 1,000 forge you get with it isn't shabby either. I know I wasted some cores but... my 2nd character is setup pretty nice with orange mods from my main...just got to keep remembering to extract mods when I get better weapons ^_^'

Annouke
09-19-2014, 09:35 PM
I wont get in to buying a DLC so you can exploit a mistake for profit then being mad when it get fixed...

I will try to put a possitive spin on the DLCs.

Cast DLC - Access to vendor with swords and a nice surge bolter, New Race for you to play as, Customization redo, More pursuits so more EGO, Access to probably the best way to complete annoying pursuits (5k bolt sniper kills for example).

Arkbreaker DLC - Ok this one doesn't have much going for it besides the use of the weapons and a few pursuits.

Arktech DLC - This one comes with access to some nice perks and you get 1k AF. You can still do expert co-ops you just need to find people to take you in and then prove you can carry your weight. When you hit 5k you will have some cores saved up to buy a nice weapon and maybe some mods for it. It does suck you cant use the weapon till 5k but it does save you forge down the road.

Sorry about double post but have not mastered the art of quoting from different people in 1 post yet ^_^. Chump I have done the sniper kill pursuit on both main and 2nd character while leveling up my clan's conflict stat thingie just by doing sniper ridge over and over and over which takes maybe 2-3 mins depending on how fast you are with sniping and you can just drop down hill, run a little to get out of range then back up hill to restart it. Boring if anything but 44 kills at threat level 2, key, exp. and clan conflict exp. Beats the sniper hotshot IMO.

DJ51
09-20-2014, 02:10 AM
WOW imagine you paid for the game and the DLC's then some extras in the early days and watched it all go like it has , might be more annoyed :)