PDA

View Full Version : What's next?

userus
09-22-2014, 12:15 PM
Sooo... After a fail which is Silicon Valley is... All the players would like to know what awaits us in the future content updates? New DLC?

Random Gamer
09-22-2014, 01:58 PM
They will be probably busy with ArcheAge... ^^

Brindled
09-22-2014, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't call Silicon Valley a failure unless maybe you set your expectations too high. Admittedly, a better variety of new enemies would have made it a destination worth playing more often. I was rather apathetic about it, honestly. I'm guessing a decent amount of people playing defiance could have made a custom map as good or better than its current state. If they released mapping tools to the community and embraced modded content, this game would be unstoppable for a long time to come.

Bonehead
09-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Keeping expectation low is advisable when waiting for new content for defiance.

Tallon
09-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Keeping expectation low is advisable when waiting for new content for defiance.

Yes Low, as in bring a shovel and a flashlight.

Thal
09-22-2014, 05:24 PM
I rarely come to the forums...I hate the drama...but over the past few weeks I have been popping in to see what's new and after reading for awhile I have one question...If so many of you hate this game then why are there so many still playing? With the way a dozen or so of you go on I would think the servers would be barren but that's not the case when I am in game.

Etaew
09-22-2014, 05:28 PM
The aftermath update is the next content update, it's due mid October and some hints are posted over on the last livestream transcript: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=355

Tallon
09-22-2014, 05:40 PM
QUOTE=Etaew;1620280]The aftermath update is the next content update, it's due mid October and some hints are posted over on the last livestream transcript: http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=355[/QUOTE]

I hopes it's not another one of these.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a176/CPHoophoppers/Funny%20Pixs/lmbo.gif

Brindled
09-22-2014, 05:52 PM
I rarely come to the forums...I hate the drama...but over the past few weeks I have been popping in to see what's new and after reading for awhile I have one question...If so many of you hate this game then why are there so many still playing? With the way a dozen or so of you go on I would think the servers would be barren but that's not the case when I am in game.
I can't speak for anyone else. I have had more fun with this game than many I've played in the last few years, but I think there are many things that could be done to make the game better. So, I'm obviously not one of the haters you speak of. With that said, I'd like to point out that we, as humans, are extremely social beings. Forums are a place for people to share ideas, both good and bad. People that hate the game and just want to see it fail are one thing, but people that voice their opinion on the good and the bad are equals in this community.

I do have a disdain for people with disgruntled, entitled attitudes though and would rather them go elsewhere.

Atticus Batman
09-22-2014, 05:57 PM
I can't speak for anyone else. I have had more fun with this game than many I've played in the last few years, but I think there are many things that could be done to make the game better. So, I'm obviously not one of the haters you speak of. With that said, I'd like to point out that we, as humans, are extremely social beings. Forums are a place for people to share ideas, both good and bad. People that hate the game and just want to see it fail are one thing, but people that voice their opinion on the good and the bad are equals in this community.

I do have a disdain for people with disgruntled, entitled attitudes though and would rather them go elsewhere.

Most of us who complain don't hate the game. We hate that Trion keeps changing it's mechanics every few months because they, as a company, have no real vision for the game anymore. Instead of constantly making half-assed changes based on badly thought out ideas, they need to thoroughly think things through first. They also actually have to take into account what their players on the test server say about the changes when tested. However they ignore most of that input and add it to the live server anyway, then end up having to fix/alter it again within a month.

RAGEFIGHTER
09-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Most of us who complain don't hate the game. We hate that Trion keeps changing it's mechanics every few months because they, as a company, have no real vision for the game anymore. Instead of constantly making half-assed changes based on badly thought out ideas, they need to thoroughly think things through first. They also actually have to take into account what their players on the test server say about the changes when tested. However they ignore most of that input and add it to the live server anyway, then end up having to fix/alter it again within a month.

imwith you in this i love defiance but way trion changes it its wery shtako iff they wuld learn to doo it smoothly and and cearfuly thinking out all fwat fallows afther their changes it wuld bee great

Brindled
09-22-2014, 06:20 PM
And, in my opinion, you're equal to the person praising the game.

Though, at what point do you think your opinion makes a difference? <---rhetorical (in general "you," not directed at you personally, Atticus)

Some get on these forums with an axe to grind. When they continue to insult, annoy, and degrade the morale of the community their behavior is no longer constructive and becomes destructive. At the point that such behavior is obvious to the person doing it and they continue is where it becomes irritating to me. I realize it's directed at Trion, but what difference does it make at the detriment of the community. It becomes a selfishness of the person acting out.

Atticus Batman
09-22-2014, 06:50 PM
And, in my opinion, you're equal to the person praising the game.

Though, at what point do you think your opinion makes a difference? <---rhetorical (in general "you," not directed at you personally, Atticus)

Some get on these forums with an axe to grind. When they continue to insult, annoy, and degrade the morale of the community their behavior is no longer constructive and becomes destructive. At the point that such behavior is obvious to the person doing it and they continue is where it becomes irritating to me. I realize it's directed at Trion, but what difference does it make at the detriment of the community. It becomes a selfishness of the person acting out.

So look for the ! under the poster's profile and report it. If the mods agree with you then they will handle it.