PDA

View Full Version : Will TRION provide a decent service someday?

celespsycho
09-23-2014, 10:18 AM
With all the money TRION earns by selling stuff in the market ... can not afford a good hosting company?
Come on man. This is massive trolling against all your customers...

Dvleng
09-23-2014, 12:55 PM
Well we have a game with 3 graphic options....resolution not included.....server sided setting which make no sense what so ever.....so no i doubt we will....well at least not for Defiance.....and not after AA came out and all that cash flow.

DrTogobban
09-23-2014, 01:52 PM
With all the money TRION earns by selling stuff in the market ... can not afford a good hosting company?

Isn't it hosted by Comcast->SyFy? If so, there's your answer.

Wilhelm Keitel
09-24-2014, 01:41 AM

Shakes the magic 8 Ball and......

Hmm Never seen the "HA HA HA your kidding" tile before!

Lubber
09-24-2014, 05:22 AM
http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt248/tsurugi_2009/Decorated%20images/Nooooo.jpg

Mr666
09-24-2014, 06:29 AM
Honestly I don't know what you talking about because Trion works their *****es off trying to reach out to the community. For the first year of the game they had live streams every Friday that had upcoming updates and Q&As with DEVs. The live streams still are on going just not often but Kiwibrid keeps us up to date and helps out alot. I have never had a problem that the live chat can't fix. The ball drops a good little with the game's severs sometime but they are always tell up "when they are down" and "when they might be back up" plus give us some boost to try and make up for it. I don't see any other devs of games I play try so hard after they have sold you the game beside Bioware

Tallon
09-24-2014, 06:59 AM
Honestly I don't know what you talking about because Trion works their *****es off trying to reach out to the community. For the first year of the game they had live streams every Friday that had upcoming updates and Q&As with DEVs. The live streams still are on going just not often but Kiwibrid keeps us up to date and helps out alot. I have never had a problem that the live chat can't fix. The ball drops a good little with the game's severs sometime but they are always tell up "when they are down" and "when they might be back up" plus give us some boost to try and make up for it. I don't see any other devs of games I play try so hard after they have sold you the game beside Bioware

I think you are a bit delusional if you think that.
You need to stop listening to their sweet talk and start looking at their real life actions.

Shogo_Yahagi
09-24-2014, 11:26 AM

Thanks, Mrs. Dempsey. I'm sure Trick was a fine young boy.

WanWhiteWolf
09-24-2014, 12:09 PM

The only question that comes to my mind: How much money did you get for this comment? I hope enough. Takes a lot of creativity to come up with this.

Snowclan
09-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Tirion is a business. The point and purpose of a business is to make money. The way a business makes money is to provide a product or service that attracts customers. It is thus in Tiron's best interest to provide games that make their customers happy.

The video game market is crowded. There are plenty of other games. So the one thing you can be absolutely certain of is that if things are not working correctly, there are people doing everything they can to fix that.

Fuzzy
09-24-2014, 12:17 PM
The only question that comes to my mind: How much money did you get for this comment? I hope enough. Takes a lot of creativity to come up with this.

Actually, it doesn't take creativity to tell the truth.

Dvleng
09-24-2014, 12:53 PM
We have bugs and **** in Defiance since launch.....and something as simple as adding few video options such as AO is not getting done for ages.....god damn it i saw games on Sega Master System with more video options than Defiance has.....So no Trion does not give a flying fk about Defiance imo.

celespsycho
09-26-2014, 02:14 AM
Tirion is a business. The point and purpose of a business is to make money. The way a business makes money is to provide a product or service that attracts customers. It is thus in Tiron's best interest to provide games that make their customers happy.

The video game market is crowded. There are plenty of other games. So the one thing you can be absolutely certain of is that if things are not working correctly, there are people doing everything they can to fix that.

And this include "if we can make money with cheap servers... then better!"?

Kanah
09-26-2014, 02:34 AM

"Everything they can" is true but only so far as the expenditure is justified by the income. I daresay the devs do the best they can within the limitations set for them. Pretty much all of the problems can be laid at the doors of corner offices rather than the intrays of people in cubicles.

And this include "if we can make money with cheap servers... then better!"?

Case in point.

Mr666
09-26-2014, 05:35 AM
I think most fans/gamers think buying a games is like buying shares in that company. Which if you have these shares now you should be able to tell the game maker what to do and when to do it. Yet in reality what you should have done before buying the game and started to play is look into the company. See how kind of games they make and how happy they are communities but also check out the problems. I understand trying to help thing out and get them working better but just stating they are sh!t doesn't help. Be a better consumer you will have less problems and more fun.