PDA

View Full Version : So is my healing not worth it?

Strawhat
04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
I heal people, but they dont seem to care, should i just go for dps and do damage. I feel like people dont care if i heal their shields, i do dps but should i just focus on doing damage?

Moose Of Woe
04-03-2013, 06:46 PM
I heal people, but they dont seem to care, should i just go for dps and do damage. I feel like people dont care if i heal their shields, i do dps but should i just focus on doing damage?

For general PvE full damage loadouts are by far the most efficient. The primary exception being unless it matters if you wipe*. Such as, say, against an instance boss where it can reset if you all die.

*For those who don't know, wiping refers to when your entire group is dead. You're not encouraged to do so. Not the post defecation kind, which everyone should always do. Please.

rookangelofmercy
04-03-2013, 06:47 PM
i care. i think that in a large instance it matters

krissy
04-03-2013, 06:54 PM
I appreciate it very much but I never use the chat, I'm always on teamspeak. So thank you to you :)

Corun
04-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I have found it helps quit a bit in groups so far.

Thrasymicus
04-03-2013, 07:07 PM
how do you heal people in this game?

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
There have been a few major arkfalls I've shown up and I have the only bigg ammo or something... I'm wailing on the thing it's chasing me everywhere and I'm just ecstatic that some guy swaps out for his BMG so I can crouch and put my full damage into the thing. crouch = more damage less damage taken for me... I've seen it a couple times and I think there is potential for periodic support roles especially when peeps are low on ammo or that's their specialty.

Opus
04-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Oh, no. People who revive others and heal with BMGs are always greatly appreciated. I typically try to thank people who do so, even if it's just a quick TY! in the chat. And I try to say 'Thank to all the healers!' at the end of a major ark fall.

I think people just need to settle into the game more. Plus, I'm sure there are those who don't even realize you're healing them yet. It took me several hours into the game to realize what they were doing.

Strawhat
04-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Ok im glad most of you care for the ones who heal you up, and make sure you dont die. Any of you in a clan that are looking for another member? I've played many mmos and i can keep you alive for the whole fight, unless you are not very good haha :) If so im Megaton in game, with the tag strawhat0981.

Katosu
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
I can promise you, if you are healing me, I am appreciative of your efforts and I will always make sure to repay those efforts in kind by protecting you fiercely, as well. There's nothing I love more than a good co-operation between one another. :)

As far as how useful it is? It really depends on the situation. It allows others to play a bit more recklessly, which maximizes their damage to compensate for the loss of your damage. I think it works very well, especially with my build being more beefy and tank-based.

I will admit, I've taken to the habit of trying to type in-game 'Good job!' or 'Nice heals!' etc. If you ever need a guy that will fiercely fight alongside of you, please feel free to add me to your friends list - my name is Katosu.

Mantus
04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
half the people you're healing probably cant figure out how to use the awesome Defiance chat system. Dont take it personally. I love it that you heal

cypheon
04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
straw.... you're playing a massive online shooter... and you can keep people up and shooting more... trust me, they love you. they may be too busy, or shy, to admit it, but at least half of the people you're healing will want to do dirty things to you after the shooting stops.

crs
04-03-2013, 08:06 PM

I believe the problem is with the chat itself.

Many players have yet to work the chat system to talk to others. Others may think it takes too long to try and talk.

Myself, someone rezzed me after I died and I couldn't thank them since as I said, I hadn't made myself familiar with the chat.

Keep healing, people will begin to notice what you do even if they don't say it.

Thanks

Nelob
04-03-2013, 08:08 PM
people wont say thanks because the chat is so terrible, or they have voice disabled.