PDA

View Full Version : TRION you could have warned us...

SETit_allABLAZE
04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Was in the middle of a big battle on a mission then "Server Unavailable" :/

Chio Raver
04-03-2013, 06:46 PM
It was probaly an emergency shutdown or the servers crashed badly.

SETit_allABLAZE
04-03-2013, 06:48 PM
It was probaly an emergency shutdown or the servers crashed badly.

Yea thats truem was just terrible timing. i have to do it now for the third time haha.

ZombehSlaughter
04-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Was in the middle of a big battle on a mission then "Server Unavailable" :/

Also, if they know that the server is going to go down it says how much time you have down in the chat box, but it's not a very obvious warning so it's a bit easy to miss.

TechGnome
04-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Same here... I keep getting knocked out of combat situations... and now... I can't even get back in! I'm loosing my pre-order bonuses sitting here on my arse because I can't get in... what's the point of having a xp boost if I can't frakin take advantage of it? sweet shtako...

-tg

Izaho
04-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Funny thing is during the Rift beta they did warn us. Guess EGO can't handle that task.

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 07:43 PM
honestly, TRION has warned us for all theese, just the chat system isn't able to notify us properly. This of course goes back to the argument that the text chat system not being visible and viable enough for regular use...

TechGnome
04-03-2013, 07:47 PM
That also only really works if you're actually IN the game... also when you're in the middle of a gun battle, it's not like you can just tell the mutants "Message! Fight off! ... one sec here while I check my messages... " ...

-tg
(before people all start getting their skivvies in a bunch, that last bit is intended with a bit of tongue planted in cheek...)

Agent19 XS
04-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Was in the middle of modding my weapon with a fourth attachment...had 2mins left before completed and the server went down. Came back on and my weapon was gone. Spent all that money to buy/add those attachments. If that had been real money I paid, I would be highly pissed right now.

Nmalthus
04-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Probably missed the warning because they've been giving them. They are just easy to miss if you're not watching the chat window. Granted sometimes they'll just go down out of nowhere.

Chio Raver
04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Yea It's called crashing harding then a whole intact ark hitting earth.

Stodds13
The biggest problem I have with these server issues is the fact that I am losing my script and leveling bonus that I got with my pre-orders...that kind of stuff should not be lost, it's real money we are losing then. I do understand that initial launches of MMO's are a little rocky until they get everything settled, but it's not right for us to lose our money on stuff that is running out.

Ape One
stuff like this happens all the time in MMO's. :(